God dammit I'm so angrey Veeky Forums

God dammit I'm so angrey Veeky Forums
I don't know what to do.
Here's the quick rundown.
>Live in Central California, it never snows.
>Drive 100 miles a day.
>Need to burchase a car for not much more then $5000
But I'm torn on what to do between a lightweight convertible sports car, or a comfy luxury sedan.
One would be painful for the commute, but make up for it if I want to take back roads home or go for some driving on the weekend.
The other would be comfortable, and make the daily commute very easy. It would also be great for long road trips, and should relieve some stress from the work week. But it won't be the top down light weight handling car I'd be looking for in a weekend drive.

What do

What exactly do you do that would make it so hard to save up another $5k for a Miata after driving your $5k Crown Vicky? Do you not save much money from your paycheck?

Mostly because I already have a few other vehicles. I mean it could be possible, but ehh.
As for the money, I can get it in about 2 months if I aggressively save.

Also I was thinking more about like a S Class, S60r, maybe an E Class, e36m3 if possible.
VS something like a MR-S, miat, possibly a boxer S

Guys pls

>driving 100 miles a day.
>Not buying the heaviest US sedan you can find.
DDing a sports car that far everyday will crush your body and your soul. Comfy beats everything else.

dont be a pussy boomerfag buy the fun car

One last bump

>buy lightweight sports car
>buy aftermarket comfy as heck seats
Problem solved?

just do what the other user said and buy a crown vic/ grand marquis. Be comfy dude then just save up and buy a second fun weekend car. Its literally not that hard dude. Also dont live so far from your job you fucking pleb

Pussy

I'm going to tell it to you.

You better get a motorcycle and a loan.

I'm working on the moving closer part.

I really don't want a panther platform. I'd rather get something German, but I just don't know what the risks are between them.
I'm currently looking at a s430 with blown air suspension, but I can hopefully get it way cheaper. Like $2000 range.
Other than that, the only other car that with my limited knowledge, I know I can trust to not be a piece of shit would be a 96-97 E300D.

Is there some sort of a list for this? Like common faults, what to avoid, ect.

>Having more than one car.
>Needing another one.
>Complaining about money.
>S Class, M, and a rare car as choices.

How much of a fantasy are you living in?

The other cars are a couple of farm trucks and some unregistered shitboxes I am building into cheap rally cars.
A S60r isn't at all rare, it's a bit rare at my budget level, but there's always at least two near me for $6-8000
I only listed a few of the cars I'd seen when shopping yesterday. I'm looking at 2000-2006 cars.

What are everyone's thoughts on a 2003 Audi a6?
It's a 4.2 v8, Quattro obviously, and 140k miles. Even had the timing belt done a year ago or something.
I'm honestly considering this desu because it seems like it needs nothing.

check the sticky. it's outdated but still useful, also dont buy a cheap german car unless you enjoy blowing money

Get the comfy barge now and look forward to the smol car later
Also what said
Go american or Japanese
Cheap mid 2000s German car will make you wanna die

I know my way around a wrench, and nearest I can tell, most of the cost is in the labor. Parts are fairly cheap, and available in junkyards on lower trim cars.

>Japanese
I actually know almost nothing about Japanese luxury. I know to turn to them for performance, but I thought that the Germans were always the go to for luxury and comfort.
I am not even considering buying American at this price point because I just don't want to be staring at basically a molded trash can whenever I look around the interior.
If I was going for a $1500 price point, of course I'd be considering it though.

That's the one with the terribad timing chain on the back of the motor with chain guides made of butter. Unless they can show you a receipt of that ~$8000 engine out service being done, I wouldn't consider it.

Older Lexus models are maximum comfy and reliability thats all i would go for when looking into Nap luxury
and you may know your way around a wrench but first off most, not all, german cars are over complicated and just a bitch to work on and it youre looking at cheap German shit then it's more than likely been thrashed on and going to give you a lot of unwanted headaches
just my .02, its your money spend ot how you please bro

Nope, it's a belt in the front. That was the first thing I checked.

I think that's on the s series turbo engines or something.

God dammit buying cars is too difficult. I think I'll just go kms.

Thanks guys

>God dammit I'm so angrey Veeky Forums
>Live in Central California
well there's your problem, this place is a shithole

>Mostly because I already have a few other vehicles.

wtf, just sell your current vehicles and buy both