Giant 2...

>giant 2.5 tonne SUV indirectly powered by coal which will be tossed away like an old iPhone by its user in a few years by their consumerist owners with McMansions
>normies see it as a symbol of environmentalism
Why?

liberalz are baddd vote drumpf. he wil fix everyting

cuz of MUH LIBERALS

>tesluts
holy shit. top kek. why doesn't Veeky Forums use this instead of soyboy?

ELON CANNOT DO ANY WRONGS
PRAISE MUSK XD

Oh so this is how they're going to fund delivery of the model 3.

Wait... aren't Ponzi schemes illegal?

well if you don't live in australia or china it's not really powered by coal

>aren't Ponzi schemes illegal?
To liberals, it is not cuz of muh environmentalism. When IMPEACH DRUMPF?

TESLA DA GREADEST DEY CAR OF DA FUTURE

I think this is a legitimate concern. These cars are not really repairable are they? And not just the Tesla... most new cars seem like a nightmare to own after the warranty is up.
USA is 69% fossil fuels.

>69
Ha!

Holy shit I did not know 69% of that fucking sludgehole is powered with fossil fuels, that's insane

>These cars are not really repairable are they? And not just the Tesla... most new cars seem like a nightmare to own after the warranty is up.
look at this pic. Liberals don't give a fuck about it cuz it is a liberal car. #IMPEACH

>use fossil fuel except with the added inefficiently of converting the mechanical force to electricity, then into a battery, then back into mechanical.
The absolute state of electrocucks

>tfw you should've invested in lithium stocks 10 years ago

I sure hope they're taking 99.9% of the profits out of the host countries though, the last thing we need is some poor country thinking they're anything more than a source of resources for our memecars.

Tesla has dealers now? I thought you just bought it online and they had someone deliver it your house.

>tfw invested in lithium 2 years ago

Teslas are actually significantly more repairable than a comparable ICE (or worse, hybrid) car. A hell of a lot less moving parts and the important drivetrain components are all modular and fairly easy to replace.
The battery is the big concern since it's an expensive, limited wear item but most of the important metals can be extracted through recycling. Current teslas have an unlimited mileage 8 year warranty on the packs too so it's not like you have to replace them every 5 years/100k miles; it should instead be about the same region as engine replacement/rebuild on an ICE.

daily reminder that their range is still less than the shittiest gas guzzling VEE-ATE truck

do u guys hate hybrids too? or just tesla? i just want good mileage...

>indirectly powered by coal
>not living somewhere with hydro

Get a small jap econobox then. Stop wasting everybody's lithium supply.

>jap cars

>upgrade program sort of like annual phone upgrades

because elijah muskowitz is morally pure, you must give him your shekels

>wants a hybrid
>doesn't want an economical, practical nip car
Those people's votes count the same as yours. Sad.

I believe they need dealers to sell in certain states.

Anti-EV luddites are cancerous.

EV will KILL gear-heads and performance automotives. Placing power upgrades behind paywalls. NO THANKS, i'll keep my ICE.

>One of the fastest new cars you can buy is a fully electric sedan

sure thing cuck.

>Look at my big penis I have this fast electric car!

Said no one EVER.

That's a diamond mine.

>engine rebuild/replacement after 8 years
you should try some non american car, for a change

Question: how many ICE cars are indirectly powered by coal?

Honest question, because I see a lot of anti-EV folks saying this but I think they forget how, literally any car is made besides EVs

More on that:

Okay, your country still, stypidly relies on coal to produce 60% of its energy, part of which would supply the EVs charges, alright I guess.

But, how long does it take for an EV to fully charge in a station? 30 minutes?

That's 30 minutes using coal, then it can drive over 300kms by not polluting anything until it needs another charge.

How many kms can your ICE drive without polluting?

I don't know, I still think EVs are more environmentally friendly than ICEs.

Plus, you know...Instant torque, more reliability(engine has less moving parts, etc...), autodrive...

Nigga every manufacture, regardless of the pricing of the vehicles, has dealerships.

No one cares?

And yeah EV cars are already destroying ICE cars.

Don't you mean diesel? Because their range is better than a gas guzzling V8 truck.

It isn't tho. Trucks have 34 gallon tanks. At 15 mpg that's 500 miles.

8 years is just the warranty period, equivalent to the 3-5 year and 50-70k mileage warranty most manufacturers offer on powertrain. There's people with 200k+ miles on their tesla saying they've only lost 10% of total capacity (take that with a grain of salt).
I'm not a teslafag but there's a whole lot of attractive things about electric vehicles from a pure maintenance standpoint

dayum

Not really dealers so much as showrooms, at least in my area. They literally are in the shopping mall where Payless Shoe Store used to be. They have a Model X and a Model S on the floor. Test drives must be scheduled 2 months in advance.

>buy new Tesla
>only difference from the old one is that you can use software that was installed on the last one but not activated

in china it is powered by burning children

>giving a shit what people think on a peruvian llama breeding forum
get what you want senpai

>reliability
see Making those batteries creates a shite tonne of toxic heavy metal byproducts, too.

Post-truth neocon society.

Its pretty spectacular to think that Tesla produces so few cars and still has massive QC issues on virtually every single one of them.

>buy expensive hand built meme EV
>seen and worked on by dozens of human beings along the line
>still have shit awful panel gaps
>cabin rattles and creeks
>things are fitted poorly inside
>material quality is poor
>battery life gets effectively cut in half during the winter

I can't believe people are so willing to eat this up and praise them as the next coming. Its worse than Apple delusion. This shit is like a cult.

70% of Tesla sales are to Trump supporters.

>business insider
>smuganimugrill.jpg

>he unironically believes this

>runs on coal
so it is steam powered?

>Engine rebuild after 8 YEARS

user, I don't know how you drive or what you have been driving, but a good engine should last for decades with regular maintenance.

Electric cars are fucking so good, when we get solid state batteries mass produced then GG ICE boyy

TFW 1st gear is all you need for a normal car
TFW 2 gears are all you need for hyper cars

Lol2ezfossilcucks

>source: my arse
I know that you can't wait for DRUMPF being IMPEACHED. :^)

EV are great to own IF you can pay for them new and you can live with all their draw backs.
But EVs are just like a laptop or a smartphone. They are reliable while they are recent and then they are disposable.
These Teslas are not built to last, but then again how many brands today are?
In the US, cars are disposable just like any other household appliance, so Teslas might just work for them.

Indirectly, implying the energy put into the batteries is from coal plants

Most people can't think deeper than one or two steps from the surface.

No also there is no afternarket so if Tesla hits the kill switch there is no way around it

Are you implying modern VWs are any better euro cuck?

Can't afford an EV so I'm thinking about getting one of these.

>Can't afford an EV so I'm thinking about getting one of these.
>posts EV
kys wr

fuck teslas and fuck "environmentally friendly" cars. just let the earth die already and buy you some truck nuts

It's like 0.3g/Ah so 0.9g/18650 cell, there are 8256 cells in Tesla S pack, comes down to 7.4kg of lithium for one Tesla car.

Lithium is $9k/t, so every Tesla has $66 worth of lithium in it's battery.

It's like fucking nothing, on tank of gas for bigger car.

Even if electricity is from coal plant, CO2 emissions are on pair with efficient euro diesel cars while everything else is much cleaner (higher efficiency turbines, electrostatic cleaners and so on).

There are calculation from reputable sources available online.

So...
Where can I get me one of these that's been tossed away?

If poltards weren't total retards they would vilify nickel as it is actually mined and toxic.

Of course nickel has hundreds of uses and everything we make ultimately comes out of the ground in some form.

Stop driving cars then you fucking retard
You’ll have infinite mileage that way

>model s is slower around the ring than a 95 citroen saxo diesel
Top fucking kek

nothing wrong with coal

I love trucks, especially diesel trucks, but I can't stand the shitstains that modify their trucks as if they were honda civics. It's the same demographic of mouthbreathing flatbrimmed hat wearing high school drop outs.

we want to turn gasoline into skidmarks mate
bonus for single digit mpgeeees

another thing: power plants always run on max efficiency. A car barely reaches 15% on average.
I know, muuuh diesel is much more efficient, but thats the peak.
Bonus: you delocate the pollution from the place you live to some shithole which produces the electricity and to idk Chile or whatever where the coal is dug up.
Yes, they use a lot of fossil fuels, but renewables are growing and thats a long term win.

>it should instead be about the same region as engine replacement/rebuild on an ICE.

>Have one jap engine over 25 years old
>One American engine at 15 years old
>Several 20 year old marines 2 strokes
>Not had to rebuild any of them

What am I doing wrong guys?

No fucking way...
???how is this possible??

Is it because,of how heavy it is?

>rebuild

Like in machining engine block? Yeah, you're really lucky there.

How about everything else around it?

Even when powered exclusively by coal, they surpass their fossil-fueled brethren within relatively few years of driving.

Coal is dirtier than hydropower, nuclear, solar or wind for sure, but coal powerplants burn coal WAAAAAY more efficiently than you burn the gasoline in your car.
Gasoline and diesel engines waste a larger portion of their input energy than coal power plants do.

I've heard it's does quite good times with regen braking turned off and power limiter so it doesn't overheat so quickly.

Holy Beautiful

only in shithole countries like america

>not powering your house with renewable energy sources

>post a picture of the country that burns the most fossil fuels in the world

Are you fucking retarded, even though they have the "most renewable energy" in the world doesn't mean a fucking thing, go look at the percentages of how much power is derived from which sources.
"Muh wind and solar"
"Why is my power so expensive?!"

china is reducing their fossil fuel energy power plants, amerimutt

>Such a green country

it has a feature called limp mode

>feature