/rsg/ - RuneScape General

Free construction xp weekend soon edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,497,65936412

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6HwlXTdBjM
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Imp_Catcher
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bandos_armour_set_(lg)
reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6s8ds4/was_this_not_commonly_known/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for zimzam

Have they talked about how it works when you drop a clue scroll with another you have in the bank?
Also if they make the new tier like the master tier it wont even change that much

How 2 92-99 smithing and how much am I looking to spend/lose?

You can just have one progressing at a time, it says this on the poll.
They'll probably make "active" clues and "non-active" clues.

-10 gp/exp doing addy platebodies at the beach with portables, so about 65m

Are you already 95 mining?
You can train smithing with superheat form while doing seren stones, do what said, or superheat runite ore
So is it like it behaves now? I drop a clue and my new one has a different clue, but will the one in my bank have a new one if I drop my active?

HOW DO I TURN MY CHARACTER IN THE BEACH BALL GAME WTF

you rapidly click

you just have to stop playing the beach ball game

protip: stop playing that garbage

>I drop a clue and my new one has a different clue, but will the one in my bank have a new one if I drop my active?
Imagine like this, you have a clue on your bank that your started. It is called "Clue Scroll (Hard)", just like now. You can still only have one of those at a time.
Then, you for some reason decided to finish it later and go kill something and another hard clue drops.
It'll be something like "Clue Scroll (Hard) (Not Started)".Of those, you can have multiple.
If you try to read the "Not Started" clue, it will say: "You already have a Hard Clue in progress. Finish it to start this one".

In the case you don't have one started, it will say "Are you sure you want to start this clue? The only way to start another will be finishing this one or dropping it."

Is 65m good or expensive? Is it possible to make that money back at 99? I saw some talk a few months ago saying smithing will make you lots of moneys at 99.
I am not, sadly.
Why superheat instead of using a furnace?

I'm not a dense cunt I'm asking about a implementation question not the general concept
Right now, the

to save time, but if you are 87 mining just go on to seren stones
You should not be training smithing if you want money, just know that you can buy mature dwarven stouts boost smithing and mining 2 levels

There is a method of smithing for profit at 99, however it is less profit than just smelting rune bars at 85, so if your only goal is profit just do that.

>Right now, the

THE WHAT user, DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING.

But yea, you won't be able to know what is the first step of the inactive clues. Only after you finish your current one.

with wasteless smithing, crystal hammer,
and portable forges you make a few gp/xp by doing rune 2hs
but it's a very inefficient way to make money

I am asking if I drop the clue, and get a new one from my bank, after it performs the logical step to check if I have an active clue, will it return my clue to the last clue I had or will it be as it is currently where it is random

As it is now. It will roll a new step and the remaining steps to complete will be based on how many you completed before dropping it.

Then why the fuck would people worry about them stacking up?
Most people will just skip the annoying clues and do less clues on average to try and get faster clues

Its rigged to make you lose, even if you get near the end your character will trip on nothing.

The concept of faster clues virtually don't exist, because even if you drop a clue, the next one knows how many steps you completed before dropping it and will give you a new amount of steps related to that.
Sure, if you have 20 clues on your bank and you get one step that you can't/don't want to complete, you can drop and start a new one. But that doesn't mean the clue will be faster because technically you're not skipping a step, you're rerolling it.

what the fuck?
youtube.com/watch?v=z6HwlXTdBjM

>being able to skip puzzles
Lighthouse emotes take longer than a puzzle if you dont have the dag mask
I'm sure there are going to be enough clues that are going to be greatly above the average time per step

I don't think its official Jagex.

So I played RS in like 2004 for a while. My account is still around and has decent stats, armor, money, etc. Is there anyway to transfer it all to RS Old School? Or do I just have to start over? I hate new runescape.

I should note that I assume you have scroll of efficiency and are using the 5% exp sun lotion. This is also an upper-bound because I'm not including sliske set/magic carpet exp (no familiars on the beach, but carpet works) and Tinker/Wise perks.

Expensive is relative, but I think it's pretty good gp/exp. It's not really worth using smithing to make your money back, though. Regarding the superheat method, you'll earn about 130k exp/hour and 2.5m gp/hour. This is a bit more tedious than addy platebodies, which is 470k exp/hour and -4.7m gp/hour. Overall, you'll be superheating for 50 hours and earning 125m or smithing addy platebodies for 13.8 hours and losing 65m. That leaves you with less of a headache and 36.2 hours to make your money back doing something else. If you can make (125m - (-65m))/36.2 = 5.3m per hour elsewhere, then it's more efficient to do addy platebodies.

If not, superheat for a couple of hours and then ask yourself if you can handle another 48 hours. You may quickly decide that it's worth spending the extra cash.

>Or do I just have to start over?
this one

>tfw 1428 Araxxi kills and now because of the new warning from the patch I just learned you only need to pay the 100k instance cost per hour instead of every kill.

I've never felt so retarded in my life, I thought Rax was like Legiones and Magister where you have to pay for every kill.

Start over of course, imagine how terrible it'd of been if every maxed player could have just transferred over.

How is one this retarded?

lol

>this was literally the only thing I ever learned from watching boss guides
Also you can use pheremone if you want to use the free instance

Yeah, I see what you mean.
But then you would need to think about how much time you spent to gather the clues.
For example, you spend an hour at hellhounds gathering hards, and you finish at 15 of them. That means it's an average of 4 minutes per clue.
Does the lighthouse clue take longer than 4 minutes to complete? Or the Shipyard one? Or one in the deep wilderness?
It will all be really relative to the time spent gathering them, which won't change with the update.

>linkin park
>32 years old

damn

I probably should just start doing that, I've always thought it would be a waste of an inventory space.

At least I just got a bottom leg so now I need a top for leg.

I am probably working off the incorrect assumption that the people doing them are going to be the autists with thousands of them done

I don't think it's an incorrect assumption in the slightest, honestly.
We will see people with hundred of clues dropping every single step that isn't at most 10 steps from a teleport location.

there's a surprisingly high number of people who use pheromones for kills so sometimes you have to hop around a bit
i just use the instance nowadays because i can't be bothered with that and it's not really cutting into my profits

Yeah the loot I usually get from Rax pays for the instance cost.

i'm triggered as h*ck
literally and figuratively shaking

the lil' fagget

imagine if autism of this strength was put toward productive things
found >her ed8ing at the beach of course

>ed8ing at the beach
>not wearing slutwear

so much wrong with this

Remember that one time you had to herd, poison, and cremate some sheep that were dyed unnatural colors to convince locals there was a disease as a pretext for taking dozens of them as slaves so an elf clan that wanted to control all the others could dig to a power source to help them resurrect an evil fragment of their dead god because otherwise they might turn into mindless trannies?

haha good times

why would anyone do this

i still have a loaded toad chucker in my bank from all those years ago

Guthix would be furious if he found out you killed sheep that weren't even diseased.

well guess what
he's as dead as the sheep now

Is the Alt1 client safe to use?

Anyone here use it?

Dont wanna lose my maxed account

Remember that one time you rescued a kidnapped foreign prince from a local gang but then that wasn't interesting enough so it got replaced with one of the desert pantheon gods using you to steal a sacred diamond?

no, it steals your password and disables your authenticator

it's not a client, it's just some overlays for things like xp counters and dungeoneering map
it is safe

remember when some crazy fucked up professor transformed a dude into a chicken because it didn't know what the machine would do but put a living person in it anyway?
and then for some reason the parts for the machine were stolen and scattered inside his own house?

Remember how he said gremlins did it and then nobody else mentioned gremlins anywhere else at any time in the entire game? Haha what a card.

What we don't know is that he was trying to experiment on humans to make a human hybrid aviansie. It's time to wake up.

Remember how that professor somehow found a portal to a cloud dimension full of living electricity without any explanation as to how or why?

Remember that time an old wizard lost his beads and we had to commit imp genocide to get them back, but that was too violent so it was replaced by imps barfing on you instead?

I didn't do the new imp catcher
how's it?
can I do it if I did the old version?

I don't know if you can do it on an older account, I just did it on a new one. The quest itself is a disgrace and everyone involved should commit runedoku. You obtain all of the beads by causing each imp to vomit in one way or another and appears to have been written by a JMod's giggling 5-year-old son. It shows the player around to the four elemental rune altars (one for each bead), which is good design by itself, but they ruin it with the barf jokes.

I haven't played Runescape for about 3 years, but I had a Runescape dream.

I came back, logged in, and there was some new quest about going to see a witch or something. So aparently I had some sort of potion in my bank (3 different dosage levels) that said "witch's potion" or something. I drank it and it teleported me to level 25 wilderness while I was wearing full Ahrims and an Abyssal whip. I ran down to level 20 and started a home teleport, but a PKer came and ice barraged me. I put on protect from magic, but he kept hitting through it. I switched to my inventory to eat just as I hit 0HP. I lost everything.

Then I woke up shocked, and as my brain started working I realised I don't even play Runescape anymore. Then I realised I wasn't skulled, so I wouldn't have lost everything. Then I realised that Ahrims and an Abyssal Whip are worth fucking nothing, so it wouldn't even matter if I lost that. Then I realised that an item that teleports you into the wilderness would have a safety warning in today's Runescape, so that wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Its a sign to get trapped by runegame again

I quit because the grind of dungeoneering was just too much, even though I've done even grindier shit like runecrafting before the runespan

Ok guys, I don't fucking understand Telos' drop mechanics. Is it better to just do 100+ enrage kills over and over till I get a good rare? Or is it better to streak from 0 to as high as I can manage?

just do dailies and sinkholes

>join finland world

>he hasn't seen the 'save up a billion div locs and drop them after warbands' meme before

Noob

Hey I saw him in another world just yesterday doing guthix cache :O

How did I never hear about this rework before?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Imp_Catcher

Can I gain fragments (shark, rune, etc) without having invention unlocked? I know I can't make the outfit without invention.

Yes as long as you have level 70 in the relevant skill.

Thank you.

>Then I realised that an item that teleports you into the wilderness would have a safety warning in today's Runescape, so that wouldn't have happened in the first place.
there are actually a couple of the ancient spellbook teleports that just whisk you away to deep wilderness without any sort of warning
i hear it's used in a popular scam these days

>Large dungeons can now be started by a party of 2 players.
>The Dungeoneering and Sinkholes maps will now stay open while playing, and will dynamically update as players move between rooms.
>Skilling plot icons for fishing, farming (plants and plot), mining, woodcutting, prayer altars and summoning obelisks will now appear on the minimap while Dungeoneering.
jesus fucking christ finally.

what took them so long?

They said that they would also consider making larges avaible to 1 player but they aren't sure how much load it will create and that they will use this to judge, which sounds stupid since it will only be ironmen doing it anyways

you need invention to make? wtf? what lvl?

it was a shitshow, they had to hotfix hot water being f2p because they never have to think about things being f2p for quests anymore

post your outfits RIGHT FUCKING NOW

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bandos_armour_set_(lg)

slut
slut
slut

yes

damn I forgot about daily reset today
brain freeze will be delayed

I'm not enjoying playing runescape again.

time 2 quit the dailies shit killed the game for me

HEY user GUESS WHAT

YOU'RE FAMOUS ON REDDIT

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6s8ds4/was_this_not_commonly_known/

give me your items.

But /rsg/ told me dailyscape did nothing wrong.

no give me your items
the other user is a trickster

Don't do dailies then.

>going on reddit

>get divination outfit piece from th
>have 5 pieces now so can trade to finish a set
This outfit is shit though. I would never be caught dead doing normal divination.

I will just quit for now maybe in 7 years the game take my interest again.
and i have 1b just for the dxp
dailies are like gatcha games and i'm already playing tons of these game nowadays don't need another thing to do every and everyday like a routine.

not my fault it's the only place jmods say important stuff
not even on the official forums they do

Don't do dailies then.