Gigantic General #17
Le balanced lesbian edition

>Gigantic News
gogigantic.com/en/games/Gigantic/news
>Useful information and gameplay tips
pastebin.com/pL8tAmQE
>Hero Guides
mistforge.org/select_hero
>Information about mechanics (CC, buffs, debuffs, status effects)
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10447093/

>View your Gigantic profile and stats
stats.gogigantic.com/en/
>View your skill rating when Refer a friend
arcgames.com/en/gg-refer-a-friend

>Gigantic for Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/327690/Gigantic/
>Gigantic for Arc
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/
>Gigantic for Windows 10
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gigantic-game-preview/9nblggh444sh

>/gigg/ ID list for Steam/Arc
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYel67dS9Iya7szRv036gjBglN6m_hrLWpBf6ZgxzteKhksQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Result spreadsheet for Steam/Arc ID list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oU-BVbqkJPtypRGJYwwqR1DcJhjbT6Yh59U2JLw0Nvo/edit?usp=sharing

>Xbone/Win10 /gigg/ ID list
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYel67dS9Iya7szRv036gjBglN6m_hrLWpBf6ZgxzteKhksQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>/gigg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/giganticvg

previous

Reminder to go for wounds

You know what I've been noticing people going for wounds a lot less why is that?

if the whole group doesnt seem cohesive, people are probably scared to engage without backup. failing to get the wound and then dying can be harsh.
i also wish the auto-wound had been explained better. it took me a hot minute to catch on to the blinking heart icon. i definitely charged some auto wounds as a sub6k shitter

Because people are getting better at defending wounds so it's not worth getting wiped instead of letting auto-wound do the heavy lifting for you.
It's also better to let the enemy get dug in then go kill one of their creatures or two.

>lose 3 games in a row
>mmr goes up

okay then

Because there are many new players who are too trigger happy when it comes to wounds that they end up feeding. So experienced players (like me) have learned to rely more on guardian damage.

> tfw more healing done than the enemy Vadasi
> as Aisling

>games are matchmaking with almost all 6.2-7k players
>seeing the absolute worst shitters of all time

mmr is useless

haha fuckk tripp

if your team gets 5 man stasis'd they deserve to wound

>Stand near Dah
>get heal 30 a second
>Almost as much healing as a nonbloomer on standby

are you actively checking the mmr of shitter teammates after the round is over? if so: that's kinda sad, user

>Voden is actually aimbotting
I wondered how long it would take for the cheaters to show up.

Remember.

reminder that Ramsay is gay for frog

Wu was known by the whole city for his tongue-lash technique

>Support Aisling
If you play this and call yourself a "good" aisling you should fucking kill yourself. This is the most 0 int build I have ever played. All fights go like this.
>Stand in back
>Bring out Dah
>Hold down LMB
That's it. I played a game of this and it put me to fucking sleep. I only woke up to hit the wound.
Damage Aisling at least requires some amount of thought behind it.

I play battle-healer Aisling with the +armor/heal on RMB but the +dmg/weakness on LMB.

Sure it doesn't do as much damage as the burn/burn build but it's a lot safer.

S O U R C E
O U R C E
U R C E
R C E
C E
E

True except ghost reef
if you put anything else besides a bloomer or reef's C you are absolute trash

t.7k

>Damage Aisling at least requires some amount of thought behind it.

Dude, what is this meme? Support Aisling is functionally the same as damage Aisling. W+Dah+LMB. You just take talents that make that do more damage.

Into the Blade builds used to be viable, but they removed her invis so nobody builds that way anymore.

One requires you to think about positioning and stamina management

Every time I spam my ping I get worried that someone may think that I'm tilted. Sorry about doing it so much, I can't help it.

Titled monkey.

>what is team composition and how do skill upgrades relate to it: the post

AAAAAAAAAHHH
WHY IS THERE STILL NO XENOBIA LEWDS

Gays not welcome

Of people who go 0 and 10? You're damn right I am.

At 1500 health I'm pretty sure they both require some positioning and stamina management.

Just, y'know, one build provides buffs for the team, while the other is a meme.

The buff one is a meme though.

Someone please remind me what autumn bloomers had that made them special. I rarely ever saw them used so I don't even remember.

IM ON MY WAY TO 6K
GIVE ME YOUR POWER /GIGG/

but i mean, what do you expect? have you ever been like
>well this shitter went 2/20, let's check their mmr
>oh they're actually high mmr, they must of just had a bad game
have you ever checked a shitters mmr and had a thought other than 'no duh'? it just seems like an exercise is frustration. you already know they suck, their ingame performance demonstrated that. or do you just enjoy the satisfaction of seeing their shit mmr and think "well at least i'm not that guy"

6k is literally average
It's where the matchmaker starts
the game basically forces you to get there after playing a certain number of games
please stop posting you're goddamn mmrs we don't care

oh my bad i thought i was in the steven universe child-fucking pedo game general. an honest mistake

You sound upset.

>30% damage reduction and 30hps to your entire team is a meme
>50% weakness to anyone trying to jump you or an ally
>meme

okay

>top 1000 in the game is average

orbs give invis for a second or two, imo too short and not that useful for the increased focus cost

not as upset as the 'tard who can't figure out how to gitgud at aisling, kek

Game came out a month ago
Most people either haven't played enough games to get up, or quit before they played enough games
It's completely average if you're actually playing the game on a regular basis

I do Ok. I don't use a crutch build either.

Oh, right. That's how it was. Thanks.

useful shit

\ and f6 open the console

how to go in a map offline:
open lv_canyon ->ghost reef
open lv_mistforge ->sanctum
open lv_valley ->siren
open lv_grassland ->practice

you can do this shit when servers are offline for example

disablecooldowns
disablestamina
toggledebugcamera for cool screenshots
levelup x
addfocus 255 (1 focus bar)
startslither ->clash
suicide
ghost ->noclip
walk -> disable noclip
stat fps
toggleping

stamina

>MMR is skill meme

post average stats for aisling or shutup no one cares

>I do Ok
yes, 'okay' is a reasonable evaluation of your ability. 7k protip: there's no such thing as a 'crutch build'. learn what your skills do and how they can assist your team. aisling is support: be supportive.

You can win if you just keep getting rampages and auto wounds without even touching the guardian, so people would rather just do that than risk getting wiped or losing 2-3 people and then a creature.

I love playing balanced lesbians, but is Tripp more of a balanced lesbian than Beckett?

hear me out
what if
just hear me out
what if
no stamina

they tested two stamina systems before the release

this one and another where there were no distinction between in and out combat and the stamina always drained 6 ticks/s

imo the second one was better

someone said in the previous general one of the top ranked players plays at 120 fps. the user said normally this causes vsync and related problems, but because of the pros location to the server, it minimized the effects. can you comment? it sounds like total bullshit. bandwidth doesnt magically unlock fps. unless there's a console command to open more frames or some weird client version: that's gotta be bullshit, right?

they're both stupidly strong
if you can aim play beckett

But I can be a shitty dps and get kills desu

but i think we can all agree that they're both obviously lesbians, right?

shutup no one cares

4k?

NO STAMINA?

WAH HA! HA! HA!

>he's still here

what i know is that unlocking only works offline and he used to do that time ago, don't think is possible anymore

that's not the role of a support. there's more to the game than individual k/d, just ask any decent margrave. i wouldn't say there are crutch builds, but there are definitely builds that dont help/utilize your teammates properly. avoid doing that.

Lads I've had this "win in crew" card for over a week now. Please post some names so I can add you fuckers, play a couple of games and then fuck off forever.

Has Motiga given any signs of an update soon? I haven't kept up since right after launch.

not i, amigo. and i think the stamina system is fine

USE
THE
ID
LIST

next week or two
new hero and some other shit

thanks for the reply. the confusion would be understandable, it sounded bullshitty

>tfw RAMlet

uru better have some cute fucking voice lines or i'm just not feeling it. sexually ambiguous genie monsters just dont do it for me

This is the worst possible game to be a waifufag for

NO

just post your name so I know you're online and active

How the fuck do I actually manage stamina in this God damn fucking game? I have to sprint to get anywhere since basic movement speed is so absolutely disgustingly slow you might as well be standing still, BUT I always get hit by a stray fucking shot by Beckett, Imani, Voden, or HK, so I get tagged for combat. Then, I have to essentially stand there and wait for it to come back, leaving me open to get attacked or expend all my stamina just to get to the fight that's going on. I usually play melee which makes it a thousand times worse because you're never, ever going to catch someone without spending stamina, and you're expected to dodge which just eats chunks of it. I die so much because I HAVE to use it in a fight and when I try to run whatever is left drains so quickly that I can't get out of the line of sight of the 4 ranged characters on the enemy team. What do I fucking do?

And please don't mistake me for that faggot saying the system should be removed, I want to get better with it, not delete it.

reminder that motiga nixxed an awesome character design for a hackey attempt at waifufag pandering

>tfw you try your best but it's quite not enough
Also, who is the most fun hero and why is it Wu?

Jump attacking is a good as it get you lots of distance very quick it does drain stamina another is to just keep walking take a few shots wait for energy and Get out.

Bro, just stand around and wait. Obviously the system is perfect and could never be improved ever. Ignore the fact that in/out of combat relating to stamina is fucking retarded. It's perfect: deal with it.

Do your best not to run through places with open sightlines. Do NOT BUNNYHOP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE

>Beckett chicken meme

>he's STILL here

If you get shot en route, keep running.

Slow to a walk when you break LoS with a pillar/wall/etc to regenerate stamina. Resume sprinting if the situation is urgent.

Don't just randomly dodge. You should only be dodging to avoid a big hit (a focus, Margrave 4x combo, etc), or to deliberately juke an opponent. You dodge to mitigate damage by the burst of repositioning it gives you - breaking LoS, avoiding an AoE, etc. Rarely are you dodging just for the iframes. This is especially true for melee heroes with their dodge attacks - heroes like Zandora and Tyto have dodge attacks that let them reposition in a flash.

Skirmishing, if you're a hero with it, makes stamina management much easier. Take it to help get used to the system.

I was summoned. If you don't want me around, quit talking about me. It's like you have a crush on me or sumtin', you silly goose.

>Update
No one likes you

Wu is actually great for this. High mobility to cover up your fuck ups, and teaches you proper dodge technique because of his combos

I would say ramsay he's a great hero to learn about stamina management

My mudder likes me.

Take your hand off the shift button when the fight starts.
That's something I see with lots of players they just keep sprinting in fights

>Tfw reached 7k
Does that mean I'm a expert lvl BabySitter?

>lose a match
>make it to 6k

Did you perform well?

>Bolt hasn't invited me to play since last week

I literally go down all my friends list and invite

>Invited me as always everyday.
>Win almost everygame

Wadda Fug why am I not receiving invites?
Shit my arc must be broken

is granny related to aisling? what kind of noble-family let's the last of their bloodline run around willy-nilly with a ghost? how the fuck is not one sane, grown-ass person following a 10 year old with a sword and magical ghost companion around just to make sure shit is on the level. yeah yeah her hair turned white because of a trope - bitch your lore doesn't make sense

>is granny related to aisling?
no
>what kind of noble-family let's the last of their bloodline run around willy-nilly with a ghost?
To find whoever the fuck kill me I am
>how the fuck is not one sane, grown-ass person following a 10 year old with a sword and magical ghost companion around just to make sure shit is on the level. yeah yeah her hair turned white because of a trope - bitch your lore doesn't make sense
you have to read the fortune cards they actually show the lore

Janitors can suck my fucking dick. My mutter still likes me.

You're pretty stupid for wanting unlimited stamina. Surprised to see Norton here though.