What's the point of a 1 cylinder if a tostito delivers more power with less weight?

What's the point of a 1 cylinder if a tostito delivers more power with less weight?

>tostito
this is nice

the apex seals issue is the same though it just has a heavier rotating mass and cylinder size

It does solve the heat buildup issue though.

i guess it could be fine for location kart but the power is a bit down compare to the classic 270cc 4 stroke
it might be better to drive tough

and apparently i's better on the consumption side so it might be useful for small motorized tool

can't you put the apex seals in the housing of that (where the three points contact the rotor)? You could change out apex seals easily like you would electric motor brushes lmao

This is pointless just replace it with an electric motor

The sensible post.

this
>instant torque
>lighter
>more compact
>infinitely more reliable
>needs no maintenance

You're going to need some batteries too and those are quite heave

for an ICE you need a battery, fuel system, exhaust/intake plumbing, much more cooling...

>>lighter
>>more compact
>>needs no maintenance
confirmed for fucking retard

>ICE needs a battery
Lmaoing at your life fampai

and yet it still weighs less than a battery pack
LMAO

>responding to bait

I think I watched that for about 10 minutes.

>muh apex seals
jesus its not a fucking big price to pay for a engine that weighs less than a bag of crisps and you have to do it once every 5 years.

>heavier rotating mass

>engine rebuild every 5 years is a good choice for auto makers

nigga wut

>>engine rebuild every 5 years is a good choice for auto makers

Yes, at least for American car manufacturers who already class their products as disposable items with a life of 5-10 years maximum.

I really doubt they'll put this in cars. The rotor has a lot of channels in it that require the intake and exhaust to be on the flat sides of the triangle shape, so it takes in and ejects gas along the axis of rotation. In other words, its limited to one or two rotors.

I suppose they could put more traditional valves on it but they would need three sets of cams to do it, which would be horrendously complex and negate the compact size entirely.

Just put a channel between the rotor housings and you can run as many as you want.

Ah yes having even far less thermal efficiency will solve all the problems somehow.

>unironically being a recharging enthusiast
kek

crank/pull start nigga

compare to a same size classic rotating piston ?

it would be less portable because of batteries there is a reason chainsaw and stuff are motorized with small ice

im not sure whats going on here but i'd like it to stop

everything you stated is relative not absolute

>instant torque
gear reduction
shorter transitions
back EMF constant limits rpm

only steam engines are not damaged by being at full power but not rotating
electric motors will melt and arc if you stop their rotation

>lighter
??? than what
even without primary magnets and using induction you still need to cool and power the motor

>more compact
not really when seen as a total system

>infinitely more reliable

>needs no maintenance
less
eg fewer bearings and contact points
still needs to be cleaned and re lubricated
they don't even use magnetic bearings yet