Is the 350z hr actually better than the 370z...

Is the 350z hr actually better than the 370z? I've seen multiple videos of lightly modded and close to stock 350z hr's beating 370s, Mustang GTs, Neck and neck with LS GTO's and STI's. Apart from speed I have also heard the 350z has just a better overall feel and community support for it and less road noise than the 370z.

I'm buying an 350z hr 6 speed tommorow so just wondered what yall thought about the face lifted model.

(If ur a noob 350z and 350z hr are very different, one came with a 286hp motor and the newer one had 306hp and better efficiency and some bits changed here and there)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6CG0BKLgEY
youtu.be/2El-UU11IO8
youtube.com/watch?v=23KxsFMfPl8
youtube.com/watch?v=q9rnDwrgpek
youtube.com/watch?v=yrHvNGxJOT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i donnt kn ow

I was actually confused til I looked it up. Turns out HR isn’t an actual edition of the 350z but it’s the engine swap that was made in 2007.

>beating Mustang GTs
>neck and neck with LS'

No surprise there, everyone knows Mustangs are slower than LS powered cars.

why not just wait for the brz ts

I wouldn't say the 350z is better than the 370z, but it is better if you're looking to mod it because it is significantly cheaper. I'm unsure of the difference in reliability between the engines, but the 370z comes with more power. It's also lower, with a shorter wheelbase, so it should handle slightly better.
I'd have to assume that since the 370's production run has been longer than the 350's, the car overall is more refined and reliable.
As far as the communities, I haven't seen too much distinction between the Z33/Z34 owners. I've always considered the Z community to be inclusive beyond model. I would assume more boiracers own 350s, though.

Hey, could anyone here say which is better (more fun) for the money? A 350z or NC Miata? They're comparable in price on my local used market. Also I know this question's been asked a thousand times already but, while we're on that topic, what are the most fun (preferably FR layout and preferably not BMW) cars on a budget of €3500? I'm open to suggestions and not super picky. Country is Poland.

350s are cheap enough now that retarded teenagers are buying them left and right. Beat to shit straight piped 350z's are everywhere, most often in a ditch or wrapped around a pole.

quit being a pussy ass bitch and get a NISMO if you want to brag about your nip mobile

The 350 and 370 get no love on Veeky Forums, almost never talked about.
I don't know much about them but they seem kind of slow, especially today when every sedan can do 0-60 in 6 seconds. They're heavy and don't have a particularly good chassis. I mostly see Mexicans drive them. But I'm sure it's better than a Genesis at least.

350z has some of the worst build quality of any of the major manufacturers.

The NC is more accessible, cheaper to run/accessible, and fun on the street, the Z33 is much faster.

The hr 350z is a totally different car. 0-60 times dip under 5 with cheap bolt ons and it can outrun STI's and E46 M3's with a skilled driver.

306 hp for a 3300lb car is no slouch

People here don't like Nissan cars after the 300zxfz

>The hr 350z is a totally different car
No it isn't you retard. It's a fucking mid-cycle refresh. Updating the engine doesn't make it a new generation.

Your 350z at 3300 lbs makes the same wheel horsepower as my miata with a simple bolt-on turbo. Except the Miata weighs 1000 lbs less and can go around a corner.

Yeah they do look at the GTR circle jerk.

>what is hyperbole
The engine was 80% new parts or redesigned. Yes the chassis is the same but the engine was improved significantly. People that talk shit about the 350z always point to the crappy DE motors not the HR motors because those were actually good.

>Modified vs Stock
Yes and modified Subarus and BMWs will just fuck your shit up

Your point is? I can slap a turbo and coilovers in a Z and have 500+hp and take corners...

Again, ur point is? A turbo or SC vq35hr Z can rape a shitty subaru boxer 4 banger and an M3. I was trying to say stock for stock the HR Z can hang with these cars, and lightly modded outrun them like 1-2 $300 mods and a tune.

You have to be 18 to post here.

You said your car would be faster than other cars with a few cheap mods. Well that's true with most things.
>slap some coilovers on it
That's what they're trying to do with the Mustang GT Track pack. Makeup on a pig... You can't make up for having an outdated sloppy chassis.

Anyway enjoy your car, no hate.

my LS1 trans am was faster than a 350z with the six speed; AT HALF THROTTLE

i literally walked him not even on the pedal. these cars are great if you want to lose races and look like a hipster

now an AP1 S2000 is a real fucking car

>beep beep best 350z coming through

>corners
>this is what Z fags think

its 3200-3600 lbs. if you want a slow car that ACTUALLY handles good you wouldn't be driving a pig

>hurr durr just add even more weight with a turbo/ic

>306 hp

A 6.0l GTO has 400HP you fucking ricers

>neck and neck
>keeping up with a cheap LS1 powered stock GTO

The HR 350z will "keep up" with the 5.7l GTO; an older 350z will get fucking wrecked.

>muh sik import keeping up with cheap base model pontiacs

fucking christ

lets not forget which has more potential, either

>400hp stock
>some of the best aftermarket support possible

Tell me a car that is under 3000lbs that is faster than a 350Z hr stock that isnt a porsche or a supercar and can be had for under 10k

>muh corners

The car has a low center of gravity with a good length wheelbase and balanced steering rack what more do u want from a car. Benchracers always see a curb weight over 3000lbs and automatically assume it cant corner. ffs the z33 is a staple of drift culture

The 370z weighs the same and makes more power.

There's no replacement for
>Muh grorius Nippon engineering, con rods folded 3000 times, strong like katana

>ffs the z33 is a staple of drift culture
>Drift
>Cornering
Wut

>Needing 2.5 more litres to barely beat a 350z hr

top kek, amerifat engineers are hopeless.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6CG0BKLgEY

GTO is Australian.

The LS is probably smaller dimension wise than a VQ

dumb chevronigger detected

>drift
>cornering

my solid axle muscle car was comfortably drifting at 70mph full lock full throttle (actual angle not some bullshit skid)

drifting is NOT an indication of good handling. it helps but its literally the opposite of cornering speed

>under 3000lb

wait a fucking minute you retard, the z33 is NOT under 3000lbs. 3200 lb is absolute minimum weight

the 350z is literally the same weight as a C5 LS1 corvette. which can be had for less than $10k, makes more power, handles better, looks better, sounds better

an LS2 GTO is around 3700lb but it makes 400 HP. its faster, has more potential, makes actual torque (so the weight difference negligible)

the 3rd gen holden monaro/gto platform is one of the best drift cars ever. have you never seen top gear? jeremey clarkson said its the funnest car hes ever driven (while drifting on a lake bed for literally hours)

>wanting an engine with 2.5l liters less displacement

>"lol i got barely beat"

why do IMPURT GUIS always play the underdog card? its not 1991 anymore

>lexus and honda and suzuki owner here

jokes on you, i drive an EF civic

the 350z is for fucking gays

>not wanting glorious LS2

sorry about your gook engine with zero fucking potential

>ffs the z33 is a staple of drift culture

wrong nissan lmao

There aren't any 240sx's left so now they're ruining all the Miatas.

just saying, when you think of drifting you think gaged ears and 240sx's

Pretty sure Veeky Forums hates the 350z more than the rx8.

>zero potential
youtu.be/2El-UU11IO8
stay mad tyrone

>billet block

>muh fully billet block
>not even full 1/4 mile

this a FACTORY BOTTOM END

youtube.com/watch?v=23KxsFMfPl8

if you're too much of a mong to understand the difference between factory and billet then i'm done

I dont even know why.

Its:

>NA
>RWD
>306HP
>Looks good
>reliable engine
>cheap on the used market
>extensive modding community
>handles well
>faster than many other expensive tuner/muscle cars

Why the hell wouldn't Veeky Forums like a car with this resume?

its even tube framed chassis instead of an actual production car

>youtube.com/watch?v=q9rnDwrgpek

this ones at my local drag strip

>with real doors

>na (????) how is this even a plus
>306hp? 1995 called
>looks good looks like a dogs ass
>reliable engine (this is what retards say)
>cheap (not really)
>extensive modding because it requires mods
>handles well (its not a miata or ef civic)
>faster than many other blah blah

because there's vastly superior cars available for the money

Veeky Forums would rather buy a cheap na miata and build it and make a car that is faster, handles better, and is unique to their own

350z is great for normies who think cars look cool but don't want to work on one

>moving goalposts
nice try cletus, just accept that your truck motor will never be able to compete with 21st century engineering

FD. Add 500 bucks to an FD and you have a ridiculously quick car.

>goalpost

the original post was the engine has less potential than an LS

so you post an engine with a fucking aftermarket BLOCK

so i posted a car that isn't much slower with FACTORY LS TRUCK ENGINE

if you want to include billet blocks in the debate then arguing against Americans in the category of drag racing - you're just going to lose flat out

'muricans are famous for racing in a straight line, its like trying to beat them at their own game. just ant gonna happen

>what 'muricans do with billet CNC engine/head

youtube.com/watch?v=yrHvNGxJOT0

oh and just so you know, that's a street car

the shit you posted was not

the 350 zee wast that great in stock form .
the reason parts were made was because the first engine was made by renault and then the car had to go back to the drawing board then got a nissan engine and the nissan engine wasnt that great. all the 350 videos you see on the innernet dorifto they arent a standard 350 engines. or they aint powered by nissan.

to get the best out of them you have to modify the crap out of them. here will be your problem it costs oodles of money if you dont have oodles of money dont buy one.

otherwise its like expecting a fat kid to run a marathon: aint gonna happen.

the reason they made the 370 was because the owners were crying out for more power.

the reason you dont hear auto talking about them is because they are so shit.

Just as rare and expensive as a Supra. Literally impossible to find on the market unless they are $35,000.

I thought Veeky Forums liked NA engines.

306hp is plenty and equivalent to even modern day affordable sports cars (i.e Genesis coupe, Ecoboost mustang, Civic Type R, Base Porsche Cayman, WRX, EVO X etc.) All these modern sports cars have around 300hp how is 306hp a dated number?

>looks are subjective,
They look alright and most people agree, stop trying to be edgy.

Yes, the VQ series engines are very reliable, go to craigslist and look at g35's and 350z's a good majority have 150k or more and still run fine.

Cheap for what they are, a acceptable example can be found for 5-6k and an HR for under 10k.

An NA or NB miata is categorically worse in every single way besides
>muh corners
and you will still be paying 4k to 5k for a good miata example with having half the hp, and a rag top and shitty practicality.

I'm not trying to benchrace, im trying to compare cars on a basis of this is going to be your daily, anyone with a wrench and a few dollars can build an under 10 sec car but you wont daily it and have a good time in a 500hp TT miata that's noisy and uncomfortable as fuck.

I like the 350z, but the 370z is a little faster i think. I do have an ls2 gto as well as an n54 335i. Ive driven a 350 but not a 370. The 350 didnt "handle" any better than my 335i but it did hold traction in corners a little better than the GTO does. If its highway pulls and straightline speed though the GTO utterly smashes a 350. The 335i smashes a 350, which is weird cause the cars are very close on paper. The 370 is about as fast as my 335i on pulls but still gets wrecked by my GTO. Everything im comparing is stock. Maybe different exhausts and intakes on the nissans but I didnt check.