What's the point of a V-twin if a V-single is lighter and produces more power?

What's the point of a V-twin if a V-single is lighter and produces more power?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_690_Duke
youtube.com/watch?v=TwpleDGM2fI
youtube.com/watch?v=JqtriBKIdgY&t=142s
youtu.be/cjCglWXU8Ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because

Well done, OP. You proved your point.

fpbp

What is the point of a V-single when a boxer single produces the same power with a lower CoG?

best post on o currently

Boxer singles blow head gaskets and V-singles sound better imo

>he doesn't appreciate the low throb of a single boxer sumble

What is the point of a single boxer when a U-0 is lighter and produces more power?

It's so played out desu, boxerfags on their CT110's and shitty underbone scooters are so played out.

How come no engine manufacturer has ever made a large (600cc+) single cylinder engine?

parallel single is noticeably faster

Square single > parallel single

KTM has a 660cc single, there are probably more but i'm not a big bike guy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_690_Duke
youtube.com/watch?v=TwpleDGM2fI

Suzuki made the DR800, which people have bored out to 1000cc apparently.

I use one of those instead of a subwoofer in my niggamobile. It makes everybody else's trunks rattle.

650cc dirt bikes and dual sports are common

I know with the Dr650 people bore them out to 700cc+

wasn't there some German tractor that used a single 9L cylinder?

>l
I'm trying to find a video of two old blokes who have some weird big displacement, single cylinder motorbike with a side car. The thing practically bounced up and down as the cylinder reciprocated

My bike is a 500cc single with balance shafts and it still vibrates like a mofo. Rotating mass is not a good thing.

Shit, the pic went full aussie

It's almost like a satellite looking down on earth

>Motorcycles

who cares lol they're for poor people, just buy a car
You aren't poor, are you user?

What is the point of two axles when you only need one in the front so all the power goes to that one axle?

>single 9L cylinder
youtube.com/watch?v=JqtriBKIdgY&t=142s
>not having a single 327liter flat single

LOL No Torque.

Marshall, Sons & Co made a range of single cylinder tractors. They sound almost unique (I think a German company made some as well) and starting the engine is a blast, literally, as you use a blank shotgun cartridge.

>Not owning both

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my job to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Hi there!

You seem to have made a common newfag mistake. See Global Rule 2.

>Being a cager pleb
lol

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form ya daft cunt. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my job to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Fuck off and stop pretending to be me.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a common newfag mistake. See Global Rule 2.

Learn the difference between a trip and a name.

Here's a ten litre one cylinder tractor motor: youtu.be/cjCglWXU8Ps

Man, I've had a right cunt of a day and this cracked me up.
Fuck you guys, that's funny.

Suzuki bulevard s40 is a 650cc single

Why was this never installed in any production car

>his engine has cylinder heads
>His engine has ONE crankshaft
>Using poppet valves in the current year

it would be hilarious but I honestly can't see how you could fit it in a car with a regular orientation. Maybe stick it right over the diff so that way it wouldn't scrape the ground like if you set it up with a driveshaft? And then getting a transmission set up would be weird. Heavy AF too so that would be kinda bad.

ft500
i had the same bike until it rattled itself to death and i bought the vt instead