What is the point of gasoline if antimatter delivers more power and less weight?

What is the point of gasoline if antimatter delivers more power and less weight?

gasoline sounds better

>Scientists claim that antimatter is the costliest material to make.[64] In 2006, Gerald Smith estimated $250 million could produce 10 milligrams of positrons[65] (equivalent to $25 billion per gram); in 1999, NASA gave a figure of $62.5 trillion per gram of antihydrogen.

oh yeah, what a bargain

What is the point of antimatter if dildos have better hp/l?

Antimatter is a fuckcunt to mine and contain.
Also I dont want soccer moms wiping out cities because they needed to look at a text from Tyrone.

Yeah lets have everyone ride a nuclear bomb while they text and drive.

> antimatter
> mine

> antimatter
> nuclear bomb

>being a poorfag
lmao

Hey retard its a fucking metaphor.

What do you think will happen when the anti matter containment fails on a car. Which will happen.

We might as well just use what powers the antimatter containment to run am electric motor so that people can drive their 20 to 50 miles a day to work at 40 to 70 miles per hour. OH yeah we can already do it.

>1 milligram of antiprotons injected into the cylinder
>car explodes with the force of Fat Man

a car blows up or something
it doesn't have to be more energy stored in the car than a gasoline tank, it can be the same amount, which would be a tiny tiny amount of antimatter

/thread
Power to weight isn't everything and neither is money. Surely plutonium has a much greater power to weight than gas....

well the problem there is you can only get so small, and even the tiniest amount of anti-matter colliding with true matter will cause a seriously deadly reaction for everybody in your post code.

>62.5T in 1999
>25B in 2006

Well shit that's an average decrease in cost of 67% per year. At this rate, one gram of antimatter would only cost $350,000 in 2018. One gram of matter reacted with one gram of antimatter produces energy equal to 43 kilotons of TNT while one gram of gasoline produces .00000001 kilotons of TNT worth of energy. Antimatter is therefore 4.3 billion times more effective than gasoline yet it only costs about 100,000x as much.

Brb converting shitbox to burn antimatter. Prolly gonna have to lean out the tune a bit.

Brb. Gonna invest on some antyhidrogen.

>ywn ride antimatter wankel with a tungsten dorito

>antimatter injection
>not carburated
pleb

1 mg is a lot of fucking antimatter.
These reactors would probably work with mere handfuls of atoms per injection cycle. Built efficiently they could power a car just smashing particle/antiparticle pairs together.

We don't have anything that can contain an antimatter explosion

Just picked this up today at Dalton Gateway for 6,661,153 cr with 3 million cr left for mods ing

How did I do?

>magnetic confinement in a vacuum
EZ PZ