Why haven't y/o/u spent 10k building a 400rwhp ls1 yet ?

Why haven't y/o/u spent 10k building a 400rwhp ls1 yet ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=urw-aa7Ykzc
youtu.be/q4nlI3-Sm34
youtube.com/watch?v=BZMwMwLCgY8
youtube.com/watch?v=I9fKkLf3zB0
shafiroff.com/chevy-crate-engine/540-ultrastreet.php
youtu.be/SVC8tXgZhF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't have 10k for one

Becuase 10k in a 4.6 DOHC would get you 700 rwhp, and a 5.4 DOHC would get you 800rwhp+

because I don't want to spend 10k to add 100rwhp to an engine

Because you can buy a crate engine for $6k. That thing should be making a lot more than 400whp after dropping $9500 into it.

Because I don't have the knowledge to build one.

Because I have better things to spend my money on...
Ask yourself; How will a 400hp LS1 improve your life?

how the fuck do you spend $10k on an engine and only end up with 100 more horsepower? HOW?

spend money in bad places i guess

>heads/cam/intake
>not 400rwhp on LS

that's not $10k bro

>fast lsx intake
>nitrous express kit
>heads cam

bam 550 RWHP

Falcuntian magic my dood I also got a massive Holley intake diff oil pump tonnes of other shit plus tune fitting new pistons full bottom to top rebuild.

Wanted the original motor ls3 cost like 6k+
Going gt42 turbos and aiming for 600+ midyear

>holley efi

>not fast intake with hp tuners

isn't that just like a waste of $2500?

the factory ecu can make like 900hp

No just the Holley intake and runners I'm using stock ecu with a 232 234 cam I might go way bigger depending on turbo

further i believe the holley EFI for LS platforms is typically for clean ass swaps, not factory wiring cars

if its a swap i can totally see spending the extra $1-2k for self-learning full standalone fuel management. but for LS platforms in general its really not needed imo

cos chebby sucks.

id rather spend over 20k on a supercharged weiand 302. and built it myself.

if ya LS (loada shit) can get past is because i let you.

Nah old mate assumed wrong it's factory vt-vz gen 3 ecu loom

>not posting lobe separation angle

232/232 110 LSA sounds real 'murican

youtube.com/watch?v=urw-aa7Ykzc

Come to nsw mid north and say that mate

Same car and cam as I'm running

Not tuned yet
youtu.be/q4nlI3-Sm34
Vid not my car btw

i really only have experience with the factory intake or FAST LSXR 102 mm

when i see holley EFI i assume its their ecu, good to learn something new.

Ye I like the stock ecu it's pretty tunable

Hopefully handles a centrifugal if I go sc instead of turbo

i know someone with a weiand blown 302 in a Cobra R (fox)

it eats sc belts for days

Skids
K
D
S
>Not having a mechanic mate
Kak
Engine was due for a total rebuild and ls3 prices here are expensive for rarely low k engines import tax is insane over 1kaud
Lol k fordboi I bet u drive a na focus
Moneylet

>youtube.com/watch?v=BZMwMwLCgY8

the vortech centrifugal sc are really popular here in the states

i've never got to mess with one but it seems like an ideal setup. no turbo exhaust manifold routing or anything. basically like a bolt on power adder

Imagine how much power you'd have if you'd sunk 10k into a buick 3.8

too bad it makes the worst sound on the planet

every time a 3.8 makes a pass at the strip i gotta hold my ears

if blowing out ear drums with a V6 is your kind of fun..

I won't argue with you there, 90 degree V6s were a mistake.

>NSX here

not all of them are bad. but i do prefer a 60-65 degree V6 sound

still isn't no V8. v8 sound is literally god tier

because LS engines are fucking shit???

I don't know how Honda manages to do everything the wrong way but it works so well.

>Not having a mechanic mate
Having at least one friend would be an improvement.

fuck off falcunt

I would drive an na focus before I'd drive a gm car and I'd ride the bus before driving a gm car

Try again fag, currently in the middle of my own 4V 4.6 swap.

>Dropping 10k on a fucking chevy engine
Some people truly are retarded

>10k
>400rwhp
>for $300 you can get a 5.3 and $200 for an ebay turbo. For $500 you can have 600hp.

$10k will get you much more than 400hp with an LS

Dollar for dollar LS beats the Coyote in power and torque, even though it's max rev is lower.

Because I'm spending $10k building a 400rwhp/500rwtq Pontiac 461

Because I could easily make 300 whp in a lighter and more compact package for only 5k. For 10k I wouldn't even have to worry about apex seal meme because I could do it right. If I found race gas for sale locally and ate that expense 400 wheel would be achievable for the exact same amount by just turning up the boost. Admittedly, that'd probably grenade the trans and/or diff.

rotard pls go

i do tho ;)
>t. you drive a shitbox
t. me
i dont mind the 3.8 but it doesnt sound very good but thats the case for most stock v6's v8's and i4's

imho the ls's only weakpoint is its sound but once u cam one it sounds much MUCH better.

smoll cam = shit sound but smoth idol
yeah shops i go to swear by them and i like the look and sound of them over a turbo as well as no lag
and what do you drive
S A L T Y
A
N
G
A
i like modulars though including that 3v and 2v in the crown vic/foxbody and xr8
post pics? No hate.
(you)
(you)
i am going centrifugal
didnt want more than 400hp atm but im looking at 650+ supercharged belt driven centrifugal blower aka vortech
BASED

finally a non cuck big block
not all about power i like the smoothness and torque of a na v8 5.7 and when i get bored ive got a very easy route to supercharge

You spent 10k for 400hp to the wheels?

My stock LS2 already makes 340 on the most restrictive Dyno here. A cam and headers you're already there.

well aiming for above that with a centrifugal, it wont stay n/a for long its just a street tune

>>arguing with OP in a bait thread.
(you)

dey dum

4v swap guy here. I love the mod motors honestly, I like how Ford took a chance. Pic Related are the cobra heads, cams, and MAF ill be buying for the mark VIII block.

Just a tip to ANYONE with a sn95 mustang and want a COBRA swap. Just get the intake cams and the intake manifold from a cobra, and you will be making the exact same HP and TQ as the 96-98 cobras. Plus a tune and you ought to make more.

You'd make that easy with just a centrifugal and nothing else.

I guess he built it and wants to put in like 60psi or some crazy shit

nah 10 max

because I could build a 600+hp, 10,000 rpm 1.8l i4 for that money.

Because the LS1 has that power with no mods.

Because I built a 347 sbf for 4k and then at 552hp it split the block.
Im salty af since.

*should have bought the DART® block*

the 351 blocks exist for a reason user

I own a 99 cobra now.
What a mistake of a car. Ive spent so much money drag racing it. I still cant even get under 12.5s with a built suspension.

>99 cobra

literally why when the termi exist

weight reduction? what kind of power are you putting down. When in doubt, add more boost I'd say.

at the wheels? Stock?

Piss off
lel ford in charge of block design

Its a 99 cobra my friend it makes no boost.
80k miles for 6500 bucks I thought was a steal.
Maximum motorsports parts everywhere drove my cost up to the car's worth and I havent even upgraded the engine.

Terminators want 20k for a modified car on car gurus. 25k for unmodified. I fucking drove 235 miles to see a 18k termi. Some asshole blew the tranny the day before I got there.

At least I got to see mothman

Well theres your issue. The Mod Motors are never supposed to stay NA. They are quit literally 2 hondas strapped together, would you run a honda without boost?
Try doing what this guy did my dude.
youtube.com/watch?v=I9fKkLf3zB0

Im having such a dick in my ass after l blew my input shaft, the cobra clunk even after rebuilding the irs, coilover calibrating, and the rest of my alignment. I dont even care anymore.

This car will rot in my garage until l have the time and money to mess with it again.
>literally every boomer hotrod story

Im ashamed.

>mfw pissing 10k+ up a tree on a boosted ls1 makes Veeky Forums shit itself

lel why didnt i do this last year? or the year before hahahha my sides

You need to take a step back and re-evaluate. It happens to the best of us user.

Try finding a mod motor guru and getting some tips and tricks, maybe even pull the whole damn thing and start over fresh. Once you get through the shit tho I promise youll have something to be proud of.

t56 swap

ye that

Because I'm spending $5k building a 550hp 1JZ-GTE that'll spank your heap of shit Commodore, mate.

>people spend $10k for 400hp
>when my Honda K20 grocery getting 4 banger cost me $4-5k to build and made 650hp with nothing more than forged rods, pistons, bigger injectors, multilayer metal head gasket, ARP headstuds, ACL race bearings, double valve springs, titanium retainers and a cheap eBay turbo kit

It's been in my daily for 3 years now with no issues. Revs to 10k easily and pulls like a freight train.

centrifugal kit only about 2-3k used (aud)

all i have to do is bolt it on easy 700hp+

For about 2 seconds before your cast pistons melt after your injectors lean out.

actually i got new pistons and injectors specced for boost my dood

So pistons, injectors, and a supercharger?
Did you at least get rods?

I could have just gotten rods and pistons but I'd be stuck at the stock rev limit and it probably wouldn't have lasted long. I decided to get bearings, new seals, and valve train upgrades to handle the extra load both for power and longevity.

nah didnt bother with rods yet, i will when i have more money

Well hear me out, once you have cash for rods go ahead and get some good bearings and seals. Lap your valves while you're at it. Don't want to develop any oil leaks or eat a bearing because of the extra horsepower.

It's time to sell cheap and move on.

lel
nah
got bearings and seals done, heads recond

Why dont you spend 10k on restoring a swift and making it a sleeper

how many transmissions and axles have you gone through?

so, my stock lt1 makes 455...can i have money now? i figure you owe me about 5 grand.

Dyno shiet kgo
Not him but I've been through 4 engines 3 trans 1 transfer case and 2 diffs all in different cars

None, lol
Honda's manual transmissions are designed to handle more torque than you think. The automatics, however, will explode if they take more than 2ft/lbs of torque.

>Going gt42 turbos and aiming for 600+ midyear
LOL

In general its easy to avoid snapping axles so long as you arent clutch dumping like a ricer

im not insecure about myself and feel the need to prove my manliness

Nah I settled on a vortech
>Muh manlyness
Nah I just like brums it's not about horsepower pissing contests as there is 2000hp+ ls

>10k in an ls
No thanks ill stick to the mark iv

would have loved to go big block but its like 15k in aus monopoly money kinda overkill

shafiroff.com/chevy-crate-engine/540-ultrastreet.php

No
You've got me on torque but rotaries have some of the smoothest power delivery out there if tuned that way, and my personal preference is small light engine for good handling. Different engines for different applications. I wouldn't swap a rotary into a truck, but I also think that people who swap V-8s into RXs should be stoned.

i like lumpy na engines

v8 idle-redline torque is unmatched

>v8 torque is unmatched

t. only makes 200hp

t. torquelet

650nm/400ish ftlb n/a is torquelet? Are you thick or just fucked in the head cunt

kys fatcunt

Why dont you fucking show your ugly fucking face so i can not give a shit and content aware ur face m8

stop being a fucking fatso first

Chad junkyard build V8 > virgin turnkey crate engine

what if i rebuilt my old block ?

You're a moron

lol u gay breh
had to get a diff, went overboard on the rest lel

is that what you tell to yourself everynight to feel better about being a fat ugly virgin?

youtu.be/SVC8tXgZhF4
No matter what you do it will always be slower than a stock Tesla. Some of these guys are over 600hp and are still getting stomped on.