Give me one reason to pick RWD over FWD or AWD if I don't want to be "le ebin driftur xD"

give me one reason to pick RWD over FWD or AWD if I don't want to be "le ebin driftur xD"

burns through front tyres quicker as it accelerates with them and still applies to the same pressure when braking

Just rotate them halfway through :^)

this desu

Superior cornering/rotating abilities.
Less drivetrain loss than awd.

I like a less filled up engine bay, easier to do alignment on the front, and a vastly improved turning radius

If you were the kind of person those reasons applied to you wouldn't have to ask - you'd probably have found them out for yourself already.

It's probably best that you stick to FWD.

why should i waste my time trying to convince someone who doesnt want to be convinced?

this, op sounds like the eternal fwd cuck

Because it feel better. I'd rather have the the power push me from behind than pull me forward. Pretty much any other vehicle (bicycle, motorcycle, snowmobile) has rwd standard, so it's familiar, tried and true.

Simpler CV joints.

Neither a V8 nor 400 HP should go to the front wheels, on less the rear wheels are involved somewhat at least.

>somewhat at least
At minimum 50% you mean

this is the only answer

This but let's add superior balance (which can be enjoyed without doing immature things like drifting) and potential for more comfortable ride (there is a reason real luxury cars are RWD) to to list.

Cant handle high horsepower because loltorksteer.

Power understeer.

FWD only exists because it's cheaper and normons didn't realize they got swindled.

>which can be enjoyed without doing immature things like drifting
Drifting may be a slow way around the corner but a RWD car's ability to rotate itself under power has far greater implications for cornering than just drifting. A RWD car can decrease its turning radius in the middle of a corner where a FWD car can only increase it. Also, a little bit of slip is much faster than staying within the limits of traction.

I really cannot come up with anything
you are a true intellectual and also a scholar

for driving fun : RWD > AWD > FWD
for performance : AWD > RWD > FWD

only if the awd is part time and and the car is rwd for the majority of time

I only consider 50/50 or rear bias to be AWD. That haldex bullshit is FWD to me.

best performance awd is reverse haldex aka when the car is rwd the whole time and the front wheels kick in only when wheelslip is detected.
it's the same system as on the nissan gt-r, bmw xdrive, mercedes 4matic etc.

Well, my fwd commutermobile beat plenty of rwd cars in the twisties. It had a skid lever to my right for being dagumi, and actually could haul proper tail through corners with sneaky tricks like left foot braking. The only things I ran into that gave me issues were a Cobb tuned STI with a good 300+ wheel, and a Miata with legendary tier handling and halfway decent tires. It's actually harder to drive fwd fast because you're really fighting with the circle of grip, but it can be done and is massively rewarding to get right.

V8 is a FWD design

Honestly OP if you want FWD or AWD then go for it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'd like to give you some tips though; if you live in an area with milder winters with little to moderate snow, FWD will suit you just fine with the added bonus of better fuel economy due to less weight and less moving parts. Get AWD only if you think the extra traction is necessary. Like if you have pretty icy roads most of the time in winter where you live, just remember that AWD only helps get you moving, it does not give you any advantage in handling or braking.
>T. guy with 4WD

Bentleys and Rolls Royces are AWD

Wew. Gotta pull the engine to do a fan belt swap?

>using vehicles with mid mounted propulsion as a justification that red is better. It's far more complex to drive the wheel that turns on a bike while a transverse FWD setup is compact and simple