Post your Z cars and laugh at the unfortunate souls who bought toyabarus

Post your Z cars and laugh at the unfortunate souls who bought toyabarus.

I picked up this s30 in pic related from my friend a while back, he was short on rent and wasn't doing anything with it. 1200 bucks later and it's mine. The only thing is that it's missing the bumpers and several emblems, neither of which are a problem but I really don't want the retarded government safety bumpers that 280s came with. Can I just put 240 bumpers on it or would I be better off just deleting the bumpers entirely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4jk9H5AB4lM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>almost the entire weight on the tongue
How do American tow like this?

Cause we don't have to resort to using fucking minivans to tow our cars.

Alright, I'll bite... my 1978

Instead of the hook thingy we have a ball that gets clamped onto from the top.
Nothing wrong with towing with a minivan.

That car hauler is weird man, that's the only place I can load shit where it won't bounce like a niggered Cadillac. Besides the dually I was pulling it with is more than stout enough to handle a little extra tongue weight.

Congrats on your 40 year old car. I assume you're planning on spending $10k now to fix all the rotten rubber, rust, blown bushings, leaky hydraulics, crusty electrics..... I don't miss my 240z one bit.

It's not about hooks or balls, it's about the tow vehicle's tongue weight rating and the impact of front heavy loads on handling. I'm aware it's safer than a rear heavy load, but the load is supposed to be lightly front heavy, not entirely front heavy.

Nice car bro, where did you get the spoiler on the front? Like I said if I can't put 240 bumpers on mine I'll just delete them entirely

There's more rust on most people's silverware than there is on this car, it was resprayed from the frame up 5 years ago, everything is new but the tires, and rats ate the spark plug wires, hence why it's on a trailer.

Did you mean front lip?

Yeah sure m8. Where do you find them?

It's called an airdam... Xenon makes them, you can order one off amazon. I just said mine is a 1978 and in the picture you can clearly see it has a 240z front bumper... You can do anything you want to do man.. These cars are so easy to work on.

Yeah I love working on inline 6s, and I've always wanted a s30.

Where are you from? good parts can be nearly impossible to find.

I'm in East Texas, I know where a couple of 240s are rusting out in a field. I've never seen a s30 on the road. I had hell finding the fuel pressure regulator online.

You couldn't do the plugs and wires where it was without towing it somewhere?

Yeah I could've but the tires were weathercracked, plus I had no plates or tags on it. The town I had to go through on the way home has some asshole cops that get off on fucking with everyone. So I just loaded it on the carhauler

Well good luck... Figure out exactly how you want your car to be when it's done. Do everything right the first time around.. These cars aren't cheap like they used to be and I already have around 15k into mine not including the purchase of the car... Don't v8 swap it, Keep it nissan I6

I wouldn't V8 swap it if Jesus Christ decended from heaven and told me he'd do it himself. I'm not even gonna turbo it, my autism makes me want to restore classic cars as close to factory as possible, I don't like modding shit

Makes sense. Fuck those greedy cops in small towns that just sit there sniping people passing through for inane shit.

L28T is probs the best way to go.. An NA engine built for 300hp will cost around 13k While a Turbo engine built for 600hp will cost 7k.. Both are cool in their own right.

It's really funny, all the PDs around here send their new cops to this town for training, so they get extra jumpy. I love getting pulled over and telling them I have a handgun license and I am carrying. They get visibility flustered and on edge, you can tell they're scared.

It looks good without bumpers, but where is the gas tank? I'd be a bit worried it'll go kablooey if I get rear ended and there's no bumper. Gorgeous car, either way.

>Drive a 40 year old car with no airbags or any kind of safety devices
>Worried about dying when I already wanna die

Man, those are some legitimately tasteful mods. I don't usually go in for fender flares and such, but that looks good.

Well you've got a point there, lol.

If you were the kind of guy who'd shoot a cop when he pulls you over, you probably wouldn't be announcing your license and that you're carrying like you're supposed to. If anything that should make the cop know who he's dealing with and be a safer stop.
Those bumpers are only for 5mph anyway, if you get rear ended hard in one you're fucked bumper or not.

Ayy

This makes my PP the BIG PP

Well when you got some 19 yo kid that's never had to talk to anyone but his mom, they get jumpy. Also you get people that think they're high and mighty cause they have a gun and no one else does. When you tell them you do too they get flustered

Why would you put such cheap shitty looking wheels on a series 1.. Boomers

The gap in the front where the hood doesn't go down all the way is triggering me pretty bad

Because I can't afford wats yet and these were better than the 14s on it already.

Lol wats are like $1400 shoulda saved up

Working on it actually, rebuilding the engine and getting the mikunis took priority. These wheels were a temp solution to get it drivable

I'll finish her... someday ;~;

No u wont

>needs aftermarket wheels to make a car "drivable"

>picks up car with shovel and bucket

It came with mismatched 14" slotted dish wheels with rotted off tires. And tire selection for 14" is abysmal, so yes, I upgraded to some cheap 15" wheels to get it on the road.

They handle like shit by modern standards

youtube.com/watch?v=4jk9H5AB4lM
wrong

haha i know that feel user itll hopefully be worth it in the end

heres muh 1jZ

My 300zx in green. Pretty much bone stock but budgeting for an engine swap. Should be ready in about 6 months. It’s been in the family since 2010 and I’ve just recently got my hands back on it

@18538982
stop posting this
you or your car are not special in any way

>t. soyboyoru owner

t. nocar

Keep the bumpers op. Pic related is my 77' 280 I picked up off a guy who had no skill in troubleshooting. Bought a battery and cleaned up the wiring and it runs good

Picked up two 280's and a 240z + spare parts for 3k. Already had a 280z I was restoring, and found another 240z body with original powertrain. Passed up more opportunities to save some just because I have no space.

Rebuilding this. Previous owner welded on a corvette rear end. Just redid the sway bar today. Tomorrow I'm gonna go back and pull the rack and pinion and clean that up and repaint it.

those bumpers look like trash. they completely ruin the lines. burn them.

>1200 bucks
How fucked is it, or did you find the only boomer who apparently doesn't know what he's got

Whoa that is .. different
Got a shot of the back?

what's the plan, since there is no top?

I don't have any bumpers for it

I got it from my friend, we trade shit back and forth all the time.

Are you going to put a powerstroke turbod ford 5.0 in it ?

I was thinking about taking an el Dorado with a 500 and making some kinda franksteined front wheel drive torque steering monster
Just kidding modding classic cars is for boomers

How's the handling and working on that?

Engine bay in very cramped. Simple jobs like replacing the thermostat and alternator were a pain in the ass. I love how it drives, though. I understand it's heavy compared to some of the other japanese cars of the era and isn't really a track car, but it's fantastic for long cruises up and down twisty roads. Stock suspension could def use work to make it really good in the corners, but it handles just fine for casual driving

>older car with using dated technology isn't up to par with a more modern car

Got mine for $400 1973 240 new clutch ready to rock. if you don't want to spin out in the turns smash the gas and the bitch squats down and grips. You cannot drive this car like a pussy.

Well, it's obvious your money goes in to cars and not your house...

Has anyone tried engine swapping theirs? There's one on CL with an rb20det engine swap, but the wiring is a fucking mess. Want to know how much of a pain in the ass or how much it would cost to get that sorted properly.

>load is supposed to be lightly front heavy, not entirely front heavy.
15% of your trailer weight should be tongue weight for a bumper pull trailer. That trailer is probably heavier than the sportscar, that's a completely normal way to load it.

Euros put less tongue weight on their hitch, which let's them rate their cars to tow much more, but then they make it so it isn't safe or legal to drive with the flow of unburdoned traffic on the motorway, and you get huge queues on the B roads because everyone's stuck behind a caravan toting Golf doing 50Kph.

That's a popular swap. There's tons of info online about it. LS swaps are common too. I saw a 351 swapped 240 at a show with Ford badges and wanted to smack the owner.

LOJ Conversions makes a pretty comprehensive LS swap kit

Lol not my house, parked on some land temporarily. House is in another area.

My car is bad

Looks pretty good to me.

nice!! more pics plz

absolutley perfect, nicely done! got more pics?

holy shit @ that overspray

did you paint it yourself?

Why would you laugh at people getting a better car?

>modding classic cars *with shit taste* is for boomers

My 77. Car's apart for a swap now.

S30s will ruin your life.

10/10 would do again.

Absolutely fucken shmicko

How do you fuckers keep pulling these cheap z's?

this

all of the boomers and ~entrepreneurs~ in my area have bought all of the Zs for resale except the rusted clapped out ones from nowutigots for like 4000 bucks

No idea because we have the same problem here in WA. One guy who runs a website selling used parts at exorbitant prices bought up fucking everything worth having about 10 years ago to part out. All that's left are either restored cars or dead, rusted-out hulks that haven't run in 20 years. Mine is the latter, though the kid I bought it from had it running when I got it and I actually managed to drive it home.

The plan right now is to replace a few things i know are bad just from looking or can tell just by age. After that i'm looking at possibly attaching something like an overbar and then use some type of tarp to cover it up and add some plastic window sheets

tfw aus got mostly 2+2 seaters, with the ruined roof line

I did some work for a guy 2 years ago. He had a gorgeous 240z in the garage. Asked him about it, he bought it new like 30-something years ago. Had 50k miles. Original paint. Always garaged under a blanket. FLAWLESS. He wanted to sell it, said about 8k would do it. I didn't like the color though (pukey green). Next time I went over it was gone.

Mine's a 71 with a 83 turbo motor. P90 head, F54 block. 4 speed box and pretty much all stock aside from the intercooler.

Love it. Not sure why, but I do

Cute police car. But that's not yours. Nice try, user.

Literally nothing wrong with towing with a minivan