Why do so few people consider insurance rates when looking at the running costs of a car?

Why do so few people consider insurance rates when looking at the running costs of a car?
>370Z/WRX average premium - $1700
>Miata/Fiata average premium - $1300
That's pretty significant

Miatas are cheap to repair and replace so their insurance is lower.
My premium is about $564 for a '99 NB. They told me they don't care about the body style or power, it's all down to owner age and how much it costs the insurance company to reimburse you.

that body roll is fucking disgusting. i bet it bottoms out the suspension.

Oh lad, you haven't even seen Michigan insurance yet.

I'd rather pay the extra $400 to not be seen in a Miata.

It's "fun". Also the club edition has tighter suspension.

>body roll is bad
Fuck off ricer

>Talks about suspension
>Doesn't know how it works
Keep your day job.

>starting insurance for a 2002 Civic is $10,000 a year for under 25s with clean records in Ontario because the largest factor is number of accidents reported for a specific model year of vehicle

Just end my life senpai

>Ontario
How are Abdul and Tyrone?

Not bad. Pajeet's gotten a job in a new insurance fraud ring. I'm sure it'll be hard to compete with the hundreds of others around though

Because it varies from person to person

because im a buy dat wrx

gotta get dat vape nation no wat im sayin

>10k a year
I knew insurance was a massive scam but god dam this is a whole new level.
Is there no cap on this? I understand its all based on statistics and people fucking around in civics and hitting someone else, but wtf. Ive seen 7th gens for under 5k here, KBB is just under 4k max. Theres no reason insurance on any vehicle should be 3x its value for a single year.

Aside from organized insurance fraud it's pretty much just because the insurance companies lobbied for insurance to be mandatory meaning they can charge whatever they want and people will pay it. There's no cap either. They just love ripping people off

If you're looking at "sports cars" you should be spending that much on tires a year alone. It doesn't really matter unless your shits doubling.

Car insurance is mandatory pretty much everywhere and its never that bad. In Quebec, on liability only its usually around 500$. A friend with many speeding tickets pay $600 a year on full coverage.

>400$
>signifigant

Stop being a dumb wage slave

I visited that shithole last week. You fucking idiots deserve to pay that much.

>companies take your money and say theyll pay for repairs and such on your car even though you could theoretically never have an accident and never need their services
>try to avoid paying by any means necessary
>try to devalue repair estimates so they can pay less
>charge you more when they finally do have to pay, even though a decent bit of that money is what you gave them for their "service"
If i didnt almost die or get hit on a daily basis in my city id of dropped my insurance months ago.

some roll is ok, completely crushing your suspension is not.

Insurance is one of the reasons I got rid of my car and switched full time to my motorcycle. Difference between $70/yr and $1400/yr is massive.

>he thinks that's "crushing" your suspension

The amount that the 370z or WRX are better than the miata/fiata is also significant.

If you live in a place where insurance is a scam them buy something that driven by ricers and enjoy 1/10th of payments.

*isn't

>tfw 38 usd a month

Based ef civic hatch

As one grows older and makes more and more money, expenses insurance become more trivial and viewed as paying to play the game

Judging from threads like these, threads about people sleeping in their cars on road trips, using conventional oil, etc. I have reasoned that many of you can barely afford to own a vehicle if at all

tl;dr stop being poor

you should watch some reviews of the miata. they all say that in hard turns the suspension bottoms out.

>mechanical grip is fucking disgusting

>tl;dr stop being poor
Hot rides are more often than not owned by people who cannot afford it in the long run.
Same can be said for pretty much everyone involved in "grass roots" motorsports and trackdaybros

Sad!

The difference in power is also pretty significant.

there's still competition between them