I will never understand why anybody even bothers turboing this SOHC POS...

I will never understand why anybody even bothers turboing this SOHC POS. You spend $10k and still get beaten by middle class white teens in stock WRXs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4lrM7Y9HVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where is this 10k number coming from?

His ass

I mean i know that, but i want to see if OP knows that

Turbo, plumbing, ECU, coil packs, transmission, diff, driveshaft, and likely an engine rebuild

E30s were designed to have a 140hp 4cyl and it shows. Read a few build threads on r3v or bimmerfest and see the kinds of totals people tally up

Ok, so im sure you have dyno sheets to prove these cars are making under 250 wheel right?
Unless the only metric you're using to determine the value of turbocharging an e30 is 0-60 times in which case you're a fucking idiot AND a bench racer

Don't be ridiculous. 0-60 is the most applicable performance metric for anything less than a dedicated track car which only 1/1000 enthusiasts build.
The only way most of us have fun in our cars is accelerating from red lights, which is all 0-60

If you put in that kind of work, it's gonna be for like a 30psi build and it'll smoke any stock wrx. You can do 7psi on stock internals for like $2k after labor and it'll still be pretty quick, maybe not new wrx quick though

You mean stock? Cuz only the M3 Sport Evo got close to that (at the crank).

>400 of the 2,000,000 E30s produced was fast for its time
Super limited production run variants do not define a chassis

I think we're saying the same thing.

>The only way most of us have fun in our cars is accelerating from red lights?

What about corners my corn syrup eating friend?

Op clearly lives in a flyover state with only straight flat roads to drive on. It's ok op. We can't all live near great roads.

usually they swap in a m50, which is dohc
that with some boost easily creates 500hp
plus they are usually made for muh doriftuuh and not actual racing

Comfirmed for OP having shit roads.

Best roads involve 40-100 times, not 0-60.

I want to swap in an M20B25 with ITBs once my engine pops on my 316. That's good for 170 RWHP. Get a roll bar, bucket seats, various suspension changes, then boom - I've got my idea of a perfect runabout.

It‘s mostly not about being faster than anyone else but about having fun building a car like this and driving it.
It‘s like asking, why someone bothers to have children, if you can‘t afford sending them to college, while rich kids will always perform better in life than your brood. You do it nontheless, because children can be fun and have great lifes. And turbocharged shitboxes can be more fun than a stock car, which doesn‘t make awesome chuchu-noises and doesn‘t mark their territory with oil sipping from a loose tube you forgot to tighten.

Because im not in a dick waving contest its my fucking car and its a free country. Ill do what i want with my car just like op will keep sucking 10,000 cocks a day.

My idea of fun in my e30 is driving as sideways as i can for as long as i can. So a couple pounds of boost would go pretty far. And i wouldnt want a wrx for that type of driving.

tasty autism right here

youtube.com/watch?v=T4lrM7Y9HVs

Not at all, I just have tasty country roads that wind and curve instead of striaght empty highways and red-lights.

The E30 is a very overrated chassis for sure.

Well, slapping on a set of ITBs on a M20B25 won't get you to 170rwhp.
The only good things about the E30 are that it's RWD and fairly lightweight, but really, you could say the same thing about a Ford Sierra.

>what's an engine swap