B58 engine (basically a newer n55, which is basically just the n54)

>b58 engine (basically a newer n55, which is basically just the n54)
>zf 8 speed transmission
>hairdresser chassis

can someone tell me what exactly is so cool about this car? it's a meme turbocharged inline 6 paired with BMW's meme 8 speed transmission (not even a dual clutch? lmfao). notice how this describes virtually all of their cars?

>135
>335
>m235i
>m240i

what exactly am I paying for here? a worse 135i?

The name. that's literally it. Despite what Veeky Forums like to spout based on what they've read on youtube comments ect the n54 and n55 engines are actually really fucking good once the few problem parts (which were added to be covered under a factory warranty) are dealt with. Car will be a meme overpriced 135i

>a worse 135i
no a better GT86

>no dual clutch
>probably no manual, at this rate
wow, what a worthwhile successor to the supra name

Hadnt seen a rendering until now, is this really the plan?
Looks fucking atrocious

$40,000 and I'm in. I mean, it doesn't have the "luxury" badge, so they can't ask for more than that for a Toyota.

this will be so underwhelming its a knockoff really. a pretender. is a manual even confirmed?

for 3 times the cost

proof?

>Mentioning the n55 in any way that isn't positive

Nice try buddy but the n55 fixed all the problems of the n54 and then b58 takes that a step further.

More importantly the n55 has been called the new age 2jz by tons of people because of its ability to make huge power so doesn't it make sense that an evolution of that power the new supra?

If they can sell the Land Cruiser for 80k, they can sell a car with one of the most overpriced nameplates in the past quarter century for a "luxury" price.

i didnt say the n55 was bad

im just saying its common

I think he means twice, but the msrp I've seen going around is over $50k.

For a fucking Toyota.

the base model (non turbo i6) will probably cost around $40k

if it comes with an LSD, 6 speed manual and weighs less than 3000lbs it will indeed be a better gt86

but I doubt that will happen. the base model will probably be 3400lb, auto only and no lsd.

I can't think of any fans of the supra who will want to spend money on this.
The only people I can see buying this are scalpers who missed their chance or got lucky on the Type R.

Maybe in several years it'll become desirable as a tuning platform if it does have a lot of potential

>I can't think of any fans of the supra who will want to spend money on this.

lol are you kidding me, i know people who have saved years for this new one

the sad thing is, even after years of saving the desirable top model will probably still be out of their reach and they'll have to settle for the base or middle child.

>2018
>New cars less than 3000 pounds
We can dream

new mini cooper 2dr hatches are like 2300-2700lbs, I think they're really underappreciated

toyota has plenty of good v8s and v6s they could have used

man those wheels look amazing, i'm so used to concepts and new cars having such ugly wheels that this is refreshing.

Well Z4 coupes have always been excellent track cars so thats good.

Honestly looks fun. I've always had a thing for fastbacks though.

The 2GR would fit perfectly. It's very reliable and they could TT it for the best trim

I guess be glad this ugly turd isn't a 3800 lb hybrid, although I'm sure there are plans for that

Lmfao, right? The fucking B58 is in the same ranks as the 1UZ since it got into Ward's best engine list of 2017 or whatever. That's a good fucking award to get.