Hey Veeky Forumstists here is asking your opinion for my first shitbox. Should it be 300zx na or Mr2 na...

Hey Veeky Forumstists here is asking your opinion for my first shitbox. Should it be 300zx na or Mr2 na. I would use it for dd and mountain cruising. Which one should I get? Which one is easier to work on?

You literally picked the two hardest cars to work on.

Get a civic for 3k. This is coming from a Z32 owner.

ik but I have worked on cars before. And
>Civic
>Fwd
no thanks

Okay but you're asking about ease to work on? Either a fucking transverse mid mounted engine or an engine in an engine bay that's tighter than a nun's vagina.

Buy an S2k then.

>he rejects fwd based on nothing
come back when you're 18

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

If you wanna torture yourself that badly, why not just get one of these?

kek

what Mr2? Aw11, Sw20, Zz30?

300zxs are shite

I've driven fwd and rwd. And I personally like the feel of rwd more. Nothing against you but I'm not falling for the fwd meme.

Probably sw20 cause there are no good aw11s nearby

Both are good and bad choices.
MR2s and 300zxs have the most cramped engine bays you can find. But being a pita to wrench on can be overlooked when you get used to it and also realize they are unkillable cars if NA. Don't even think about turbos.

For casual cruising, id go with the NA 300zx. Think of it as a BRZ/86. Pretty similar experience for a lot less money invested.

Less than 200whp and heavy as hell.

Take it from me i had one when i was a kid The n/a sucks dick and that was when the car was only 8 years old,i had a 94 i cant imagine the shit show it woupd be to find one now.

If you are american, go cheap muscle. 94-04 mustang GT's, Fbody camaros (mullet required). All easy to work on, aftermarket parts abound, oem replacements in every junkyard across the nation, and you can go below the mason dixie line and not get called a "tunar fag bich" in that order and spelling.

T. 97 mustang GT owner

What a 300zx or mr2

I was looking at more of the handling side of things

The 300zx

Yeah they are all pretty bad around my area. There are a couple good mr2s though

What's a better car that makes 175 whp and weighs 3200 lbs? For roughly the same price on the used market.

got a mr2 1992 mk2 its quite easy to work on if you know what youre doing, the mr2 imo has more modding options

What work have you done?

If you really want handling, these stock with a coil over kit, sub frame connecters, etc are all under 3200 lbs with near double the power

Good choice.
Double the low end torque for sure. But a quick google search is showing that stock SN95s are making about 180-190 at the wheels. Not exactly "double" the NA Z32. On a track, it would depend on how well you can keep either car in the power band.

whoops youre right. I was using the figures for 96-04 cobras. They have around 305 flywheel stock my bad. But its incredibly easy to get the hp up on the 5.0 and 4.6l engines. Easier to work on as well.

There's a reason why every high school car guy and their mother had/has a mustang. ;) Most people go for the easy route.

Not sure if that supposed to be some sort of sarcastic con to them. If it works it works, no need trying to be unique if it puts you in a money hole you'll have trouble getting out of. Especially a first car. Correct me if I am wrong but I know that the 80's 300zx' are pretty unreliable and lack luster. Too heavy for their own good.

forgot pic

Everyone can play "Marry had a little lamb" on the piano.

But I can find a mr2 for way less than I would spend on a mustang and also styling is meh on the stang. Also I would plan on dding the thing so 16mpg isn't a pro

At this point I'm just arguing the merits of the car lol. If it really comes down to it, go with the one you think you like better. Be sure to drive one of each though before buying if possible.

Also that is a poor analogy for vehicles, if it is "easy" to work on, that in no way shape or form diminishes that vehicle. It doesn't make it any less of a good car, only increases really. If you get a vehicle that is hard to do anything with on purpose because "the other options made it too easy to do what I want" then you are simply a fool.

That looks like cheap plastic shit

which would be more fun to own and DD

Tbh for the price that these cars areping for even in my area 300zx are going for 5-12k. You could easily get a g35 or a 350z for 10k that is in mich better condition and way less of a headache. Ive owned all of them and all i can reall say is that they were ok cars i had a hard on for them when i was younger.

Ever heard the words "shitbox"?
Its got bad paint, some odd noises, and I am not even a 1/3 of the way through my plans for it. Paint and bodywork will come last, so its gonna look like plastic shit for a while.