/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #862 - Mitsuyoshi Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aPRotnINixs
youtube.com/watch?v=j8EMqsPkUTk
pastebin.com/u/Cynical_Writefag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like sonic

I'm in a good mood today, so it's time to get off of my ass and take some requests for once.

literally who

I'm holding off on buying Mania since I already bought PUBG last month.

Also I promised myself to stop rushing to buy things at release and to stop preordering Forces is tempting[/spoile

Team Chaotix Please

Draw Vector with big reptile tits.

Its not too late to refund PUBG, probably.

friend with a hacked 3DS got me some screencaps of some Sonic-themed doodles I did recently, here ya go.

1/5

Fuck you
Draw Mario serious request, I like your style
Sonic Mania competition and time attack mode announcer.
youtube.com/watch?v=aPRotnINixs
>PUBG
I'm so sorry

Sage giving Bump a hip bump and knocking her off balance. Bump is surprised. Or something like that.

Amy trying to be like Rouge, failing or not is up to you

28 hours, way too late for that I've been funding my hunger for dota 2 cosmetics with the crate sales

Sonic wearing a lakers uniform and spinning a basket ball on his finger.

2/5

laserflip

3/5

70 dollars is alot for a sonic statue and a gold ring with a neat box.

Please help me sthg, should I get the collector's editon? I've already preordered the game, but I want something physical to go with it. Mostly just the Genesis cartridge with the gold ring.

...I'd split the price with someone 50/50 and let them take everything but that.

youtube.com/watch?v=j8EMqsPkUTk

4/5

Nah, just get the game digitally. CE will probably take a longer time to arrive.

I love shy Blaze!

5/5 and that's it. I gotta start drawing on something that isn't a 3DS app

if ShadAmy became canon how would you react?

d....daddy?

"They better have a good reason for it."
Same way I'd react to any ship being canon, desu.

Alrighty, got a double dose of spikey goodness for y'all. First is Sonic done in a mega drive-esque style for shits and giggles

Be vaugely dissapointed that shipping wars are over since shadamy fags would become absolutly intolerable after that point.
It would be like when digimon season 2 ended all over again.

At least put some gloves and shoes on you deviant!

I wanna punch Sonic!

Also, I'm liking the consistent amount of drawfaggotry we've been getting lately.

God it's been forever since you posted

welcome back

Second is a certain unlucky future hog drawn in, well a mega drive style. My friend asked me to do this after seeing the other drawing.
Feel free if you guys have thoughts on either!

Actually, I also posted this just this morning, in case ya missed it

Kek, I like both. It's good to see your shit again, mate!

The people shitting on OCs, shippers, waifufaggotry, etc, are the real obnoxious assholes. You want the general to be as dry and lifeless as an executives board meeting.

Damn I actually did miss it. Nice metal faker.

user, leave that shit in the old thread.

More Silver is always welcomed.

I just have one last drawing to finish up the details with, though I posted the linework for it about a week ago.

I just wanted to be polemic. Okay.

Ehhh

It seems like this general is literally never short on drawfags. I mean some weeks are slower than others but compared to shit like /feg/ we've almost always got an artist or two in here.

I just noticed that Infinite's theme has a robotic effect at the "Take a look around you" part. Infinite is a robot confirm?

As a newcomer drawfag I'm just gonna guesstimate because Sonic shit is easier to draw than a bunch of waifus and husbandos in full suits of anime armor, it attracts autists better

It's simple easy anatomy that can easily be fit into a template. Just like pastel horses

I didn't realize that, but I don't if one should read much into it. Probably was just one cool effect.

If you're looking for more Silver, here's the last one. a more final, colourized drawing of the "silver on sax" doodle I posted a bit ago

In preparation for Mania, I will play my first Sonic game ever, Sonic&Knuckles. I haven't played it in years. Hope is as good as I remember.

I'd be pretty disappointed ngl.

What do I call you? I've seen you before but I just know you as "that guy I love because he draws Silver"

A work of art, user.

I think it's "C_D"

Would think that SEGA has truly lost it.

I've always signed my art with "C_D" which is short for Cynical_Drawfag. a variation of Cynical_writefag, another handle I use when I post my romance stories in write threads

Did they even have it to begin with?

Good point.

Romance stories? Interesting, where can i read them. user, you truly are a Renaissance man.

>Mania's announcer is the guy who did the Daytona USA songs
10/10 game.

None of it's sonic-related, but here
pastebin.com/u/Cynical_Writefag
Though I can only recommend the one I'm currently writing and updating; "Love Coils". The others are short stories with very little substance, and I don't think very highly of them looking back. I post updates on the /trash/ write thread after the dumbass mods banned erotic lit threads on /d/

Pleasantly confused.

Forgot to mention, despite posting on /d/ my stories are extremely vanilla in nature, so think sweet and sappy, especially for the story I already mentioned

As someone who has read the Western Canon of Literature approved by all the windbags at the Universities, I have realized that more often than not my most pleasurable readings came from the short, non ambitious prose.

Sonic News Today is a fake news profile, but let's watch the thread tear itself apart over it anyways.

Great. I love those stories. And don't be so insecure, remember what Borges said, even genius can be heard in a street conversation.

Eh, that's fair, but still, the short stories on my profile don't accurately represent what I like doing in my writing, and are shallow smut time wasters. Love coils is the only one currently public and in progress, that I can confidentially recommend, even if it unfinished

That's a good Metal.

That one is also kinda cute.

These are all pretty nice.

I love all our drawfags.

I'm curious. How would this thread rank all the Sonic shows?

I'm gonna try to ask this again after the stream's done every show

He's probably a virus. His video has glitching effects in it and the trailer has similar bugs in it that I'm guessing are intentional.

My personal rank.
Sonic Boom.
AOSTH.
Sonic X
Sonic Underground.
SATAM.

AoStH
Boom
Sonic X
SatAM
Underground

Oh, forgot to post my rankings

Boom>AoSTH>SaTAM>X>Underground

X
OVA
Sonic Boom
Sonic Satam
Underground
AOSTH

My personal taste:
Sonic Boom > Sonic X > AOSTH > Sonic Underground >>>>>>>>>>>>> SatAM

I really hated SatAM as a kid and that shit just held over with me

>X over the OVA
But why?

Funny because it's literally the exact same for me but the opposite, maybe switch AoStH and Underground

OVA
Boom
X = SatAM
AoSTH
Underground

i cant believe hes back.....

Sonic Boom ironically > Sonic OVA > AoStH > Sonic Boom unironically > SatAM > the fan film > Underground > Dying of terminal cancer 8/14/2017 > Sonic X

Sonic OVA > AOStH > Boom > Sonic X > Shit > SatAM > Underground

If it had more episodes I would place it higher than X. Sonic X kind of got me into the series, so I kind of have soft spot for it.

Ah I forgot about the OVA

OVA > Sonic Boom > Sonic X > AOSTH > Sonic Underground >>>>>>>>>>>>> SatAM

OVA
Boom
AoStH
X
SatAM
Underground

If X ends at episode 52, it'd be above AoStH

This is the first time someone equals SATAM to X.

if you like SatAM more than AoSTH you are probably wearing a diaper right now

True I don't trust satam lovers. Never did.

They basically each other's equivalent to SoA and SoJ.

It's funny how Archie pretty much started as an adaption of SatAM and that was super popular here. Though I didn't read the comics, so I assume post-Reboot was infinitely more popular

SatAM is an interesting concept, just not so much for Sonic

Shadow~ and~ Maria~!

I never imagine so many people had such disdain for SATAM, I thought it was well regarded.

Adam and evan will be attending Sega Sonic Fan Jam. Anyone going?

I wasn't fond of AOSTH, even as a kid. Sonic just annoyed me so much. SatAm wasn't much better though.

>It's funny how Archie pretty much started as an adaption of SatAM and that was super popular here. Though I didn't read the comics, so I assume post-Reboot was infinitely more popular
Depends really. Though I will say that regardless of continuity, the comics did SaTAM better than SaTAM
I imagine that a lot of fans who are active in the fanbase right now didn't grow up with it, so that may factor into things

Why the hell isn't he putting his umbrella over them?

I've only watched X and Boom, and of those I prefer X. I don't think I'd like the other shows better than X either.

Damn, Shadow just got ntr'd

Rank Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman.

I love them all