Hello guyse i really want to buy a car and i was thinking about buying a swift because i really like those...

Hello guyse i really want to buy a car and i was thinking about buying a swift because i really like those. are they good cars?

They're nice and light

no

Shite and gay but cheap to insure. Your choice.

They are godtier, heres mine.

A literal shitbox.

no user dont park it when wet inside. or at least put on some fans and ventilation to make it dry off.
you dont want your cute carro to rust

No don't bother most of them are beaten to hell and need alot of work.
I've definitely tried to keep mine going

go for it

they're cheap af

I'm this guy, and it's true, they are usually horribly neglected and need work. Mine needed a new engine, clutch, shocks, tires, brakes, tie rods and the interior glued back together. Luckily parts are incredibly cheap. You can rebuild the entire car for under $2000.

why not spend the $2500 on a car that doesn't need work and is reliable and in good condition?

I would definitely recommend doing this, but I wanted to get some more experience working on cars, and the previous owner lied about how much it really needed. I was told it had low compression and just needed new rings, car was sitting in his driveway and it wouldn't start. It was only $200.

If I had to do it all over again I probably would just spend extra and get one in good shape. It's been broken for most of the time I've owned it, caliper just failed on the highway.

Well, after you have put it this way - I can understand ya. If you are into fixing shit - learn to weld and buy a welder. Sometimes you can get a cheapo car in relatively good mechanical condition but rusted as fuck. Most of the rust can be easily welded and fixed using metal panels made by yourself in the shed then welding in. You can fix totally rusted out sills in one-two afternoons. Wheel arches are a bit tricky but also are relatively easy to fix and this kind of rust is most noticeable and you can get a real bargain for such a car. Just rember to check the underbody as well, if there is some bs rust on the main frame or suspension mounts - this can be a deal breaker, they are hard as fuck to do in a garage at home (but not impossible, if you want a project car - go for it).

is that a swift/geo? it sure looks like it

>swift thread
>here's mine
>is that a swift?

Ya think?

Suzuki Swift = Geo Metro = Pontiac Firefly = Chevy Sprint

Make sure it has the 4 wheel disc brakes and dohc i4 g13b engine... unless you want mpgs then g10... expect a lot of work to be done... I'm currently doing the front disc brake swap on my 4 door geo. The normal brakes are solid disc and the swift gti brakes are vented and larger. Finished the back so it has the 14 inch wheels.

hey why hasnt the cazador posted in here.

Don't wreck it

So far mine has been great at 160k miles. Just ordered all around struts for $80 from based Rock Auto. Planning an engine rebuild this summer.

>gti

Very, very jelly. How were the shocks so cheap? I just ordered some for my blue turd and they were 160 Canadian for all 4.

wait.

did you get euro lights for yours?
looks so much better than those disgusting US spec lights.

They've got a rebate going on right now. $160 USD total, but will be getting $80 back.
Really wish I had the cash to start grabbing some stuff from suzukird.

how is it so rust free?

>Tokyo Attack
caught me off guard, but I'm not super surprised really

Marty? Is it you?

Nah, Brandon.

Up here in Canada we got quite a few versions of the Cultus platform. Pontiac Firefly and the Chevrolet Sprint had the upgraded headlights instead of the sealed beam. I found one at a junkyard and took all the hardware, it bolts right in.

It came from Florida to Illinois about a year and a half ago now. There's a small spot by the gascap and some on floorpans. Would like to get it welded up soon.

Jubeat is life.

I understand the truck is heavy and the metro is fraile, but I'd assume that since the metro is so light, the truck would launch it forward quite a ways and not suffer too severe of collision damage. I guess that's not how it works?