Off-roading cars and professional racing cars are the only vehicles that should utilize manual transmissions...

Off-roading cars and professional racing cars are the only vehicles that should utilize manual transmissions. There is no situation where you would need a stick on a public road.

Prove me wrong.

>professional racing cars
>manual
t. clueless

So you don't think manual transmissions make for a better competition of skill between drivers?

a lot of people into rock crawling prefer automatic
no

Well you're wrong

Race cars are all about speed and pretty much all of them use sequentials

>all these replies to this thread other than >need
Sasuga Veeky Forums

>need
Lol what do you need a car for lmao

>There's no reason you need a faster performing modern automatic on a public road, manuals are lighter and give all the functionality that you need.

The only situation that matters is when you're nearing 100k and your automatic slushbox dies.

The manual generally wouldn't

Except automatics are faster, more convenient and more efficient.

But why do you *need* those features instead of wanting them?

Efficiency means lower emissions, which in many countries means lower taxes. Faster doesn't matter much on the road, but it's nice to have. More convenience is always good, so you can either focus on doing the actual driving or maybe have a drink without having to fumble with a stick and a third pedal all the time.

I dunno, those all sound like wants. You want to pay lower taxes, you want a bit more go, and you want more convenience. You could get by without all of that.

How about "better for the planet"?

still sounds like wants

I bet this guy is an American autocuck who couldn't drive a stick through a McDonalds drive through

Is that really a need? If you can survive in shittier conditions, isn't it just a *want* to have nicer ones?

Nothing should use manual because it's outdated and shitty.

Manuals suck. There's no good way to hold your beer while you have to shift. It's either spilling on your steering wheel or on the shifter. Auto's the way to go.

>slower transmission in a racing situation
>manual offroad where consistent bumps can knock the shifter into neutral
>public roads with your left foot doing nothing and you’re right hand free to text and sip some soylent

As someone who lives in a place where winter road conditions get very icy/slippery, I will say that I feel like I have better control over my wheel speed in icy conditions with my manual transmission, also the ability to down ship as a secondary way of showing the vehicle is an added bonus.

Wow I can't spell. Down shift. And secondary way of slowing.

It's a massive pain in the ass off roading with a manual. It's a great way to burnout your clutch, as for on the track, its a matter of preference.

Agreed with you there, was able to save myself after an ice patch with engine braking.

you can downshift an auto trans too

I know you’re just being cunts, but I actually believe that automatic transmission allows this sort of bad behaviour

Thats why manual offroaders use vehicles with low-range transfer cases, or even dual transfer cases

It's not the same as with a manual. The ability to take the engine power completely away from the wheels with the clutch offers far more control.

>better for the planet
>mpg difference is negligible
>automatics are more complicated and require more resources to make and are often less reliable

Heavy trucks. Especially in mountainous conditions.

You’re right, there are no situations that I can think of where I would need a stick shift car. However there are plenty of situations where I would want one, and I buy what I want. Why is this so hard for you autocucks to understand? It’s always people who can’t drive manuals that start threads like these. Why the fuck does it matter to you what other people drive? All that free time you have “not fumbling with a shifter” and the most you can do with it is dream up stale ass shitposts. Sad!

I prefer autos for offroading due to less stress on the driveline tho
T. Tarmac manual

Manual shift mode on auto transmission is pretty good now. You get the same level of control without the downsides of manual like driving in stop and go traffic.

>what do you need a car for lmao
Some of us live in America, Muhammad.
>le slushbox meme
It's not the 90s anymore.
Ever heard of 'Neutral'?

So basically you're saying that driving yourself is useless, hence all street should be self driving, or you should just take a cab or a bus.

Aside from the enjoyment of driving, give me a legitimate argument that defends the continued manufacturing of user-driven cars.

What cars have that? Sounds interesting

Aside from wanting to have your own vehicle, give me a reason people should still be allowed to own their own vehicles instead of taking buses or cabs? That objectively decreases the carbon footprint and deals with traffic jams.

No, it's not but modern automatics are still less reliable than modern, or even aged manuals. You're forgetting how many moving parts are actually IN an automatic transmission, faggot.

I like where this is headed.
Aside from wanting to have a say in your livelihood, give me a legitimate argument that defends self selecting a career, as opposed to the government putting you in one they pick, where you can do the most good for the country.

Because driving manual is so hard and dangerous.

I am aware that automatics have a neutral. But whatever believe what you want to believe. Drive AT if that's what you enjoy. I've driven plenty if both, I see their pros and cons and I just enjoy driving my MT. It's more fun imo.

>driving down the mountain with shit automatic and little to no Engine braking

eh, idk, maybe the good ones, but all in all manual is more simple and it's just effective.

bad for traffic though.

Manualfags are awful but just because something is useless and outdated doesn't mean it should be illegal.

>need
kek, I'll use what I want faggot

Right.
We still keep you around.

>What is towing a heavy load
>An example ie
Your heavy fat ass

Un checked foir bot posting

Towing or hauling anything heavy.