Ask someone who works at a car magazine anything

Ask someone who works at a car magazine anything

How do you feel about your job security?

Who pays the most bribes?

I'm fortunate enough to be staff on a pretty big title so it feels secure enough.

Ask anything?

How do I make the perfect Sunday dinner?

I've never encountered bakchanders and I don't believe it happens, but I have encountered manufacturers who kick up a big fuss and ignore you for a bit if you give one of their cars a shit review.

Make fresh gravy. None of that granule shit.

*backhanders

Which publication?

>dox yourself user!

how many of you are actually paid shills?

The social media and YouTube influencers are all literally paid shills. Doesn't happen at the mags. It's a shame because car companies are cottoning onto this, and many of them are now willing to spend a lot of money on giving them access over us.

Right, because I give a shit for some reason? I'm curious which magazine it is, working for Hot Rodders is different from working for Super Street is different from working for Motor Trend.

It's along the motor trend side of the industry. New cars.

You guys have a pool of cars that you sign out and do reviews from, yeah? So which one out of your motorpool is your favorite to date?

you been at NAIAS 2018? if so what was the best car, from your point of view

You mean long term loans? I had our new Civic Type R for a few days recently. I'm usually in the short term cars we have for a week though. A bit more variety.

what it like to review cars when you know the pinnacle of automotive development plateaued with the AE86?

Sure, out of the short term which has been your favorite since Jan 2017? Favorite long term?

How many people do you work with that aren't actually "car guys"? I.e. the "lol idk brah I just drive it from point A to point B" types

I wasn't at Detroit. It was a bit of a shit show this year though. New Jetta probably the most important thing there but new G-Class probably the coolest, what with keeping the body on ladder and classic look but overhauling everything so it's no longer a 70s throwback with nice leather and some screens.

Slightly on topic answer: I rarely get to drive classics. Every now and then on a launch a manufacturer will wheel out something relevant from the heritage fleet but I never get time.

On both fronts the new 5 Series. It's seriously good.

No one. Everyone in my office who writes has an autist level knowledge of cars.