At 70 dollars I just installed the cheapest Chinese car battery with adequate specs I could find on my Land Cruiser...

At 70 dollars I just installed the cheapest Chinese car battery with adequate specs I could find on my Land Cruiser, Am I hurting something, or do premium batteries offer literally no advantages?

>no advantages
Better QA/QC is an advantage.

This

Cheap batteries do tend to have a discrepancy between listed CCA and AH, and realistic CCA and AH

They also tend to displace their acid/water a lot quicker, and deal much more poorly with cold

So what's the worst that could happen?

car not starting due to moderate or light chill
short life/very few cycles
passive drain
boiling over
improper charging->fire

What he said

Who is that in the picture, OP? She's cute.

>cant reverse google for shit
Alexandra Daddario

add the possibility of a surge frying the ECU or other electronics

Something about this chick that is attractive and repulsive at the same time.

To quote Edgar allan Poe,

There is not excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in its proportion

>There is not excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in its proportion

can I use this to explain my ungodly attraction to women with severe mental baggage? I make the best wingman for it, if I like a girl, walk the other way cause she is fucked.

You have some subconscious savior complex. Its not always egotistical, you may just want to help.

it fucking sucks. Luckily I am now married to a girl who is only slightly fucked up so I dont have to deal with it but highschool was hell

actually they do. all chinese batteries are recycled on recycled which means: you may get a good one or you may be replacing it. luck of the draw.

As long as you can deal with the problem when it fails, then it doesn't matter.
I always get blemish/factory seconds, or refurbished batteries.
The $30-$40's beats the hell out of the $200 for a factory new brand name at a chain store.

I'd say about half die in 12 months.
Some are skookum as fuck and are unbelievably reliable.
The most important thing is that you don't ask too much of your batteries.
Don't put a cheap pos battery in a modern car that sucks the milliamps while the engine's off.

I have a group 56 refurb battery I bought in 2013.
Today was the first day in 2 weeks I had driven the car, and I don't disconnect it or trickle it.
She cranked strong even in the cold.

But I've had multiple group 48's get to the point where if the car wasn't driven daily they couldn't turn the engine over in under a year of use.
My current 48 in my car I've had for ~2 years and it's still skookum. It's just a luck of the draw.

Oh and PS, I've had die hard crib deaths in group 48's, it's what really made me make the switch to seconds and refurbs.

>Oh and PS, I've had die hard crib deaths

Sears isn't the same company as it used to be. I used to always get Die Hards as they were tough batteries that could take deep discharge. But after the company was bought by that Hedge Fund and run by that CEO of the hedge fund, all the overengineered leeway in many sears products seemed to be shaved off. That stripped sears appliances and tools of their famous reliable personality that let you depend upon them.

My car sucks a huge number of milliamps even when off. Despite that AGM battery's huge CCA/AH rating, if I don't run the car, in about 10 days (less than 2 weeks) the battery is down to 60% or less charge from a fully topped battery. It does weird stuff when off too. I tried to experiment and left a window open while it sat in the garage. I didn't open any doors or do anything to make its alertness level change. I even left all of its keyfobs at a set distance close to the car and did NOT move them.

I had a spare smartphone and moved that around inside the car and occasionally dropped it on the driver seat or took it out. The smartphone activity to the car drains the smartphone battery a bit so that was how I measured how much the car tried to keep in touch with a paired device even if the car was not started.

Neither the manufacturer or the dealer will tell me more. I guess they are afraid of hackers and keep everything secret by pretending to know nothing and saying nothing or using the "pass the buck" trick where the dealer says ask the manufacturer and the company then says ask the dealer's main sales rep. There have been some strange times where the phone's battery only dropped a few percent and then there are times where in 2 days of being in the car it dropped 80% of its battery capacity.

Francis Bacon said that

Imagine getting married in this era
Imagine getting married to a damaged woman

You'll feel like shit when she starts fucking your friends and takes the kids and your house during the divorce

>what's the worst that could happen?
Your car won't start. The nogs start breaking through the glass and reaching for your family.

actually it was captain planet

Extremely underated post. I literaly made me chuckle, thanks user.

>or do premium batteries offer literally no advantages?

Ask again when you are standing in a carpark holding a pair of jumper cables.

inb4 its a car battery case with 3 18650s in series

nah keemstar said it

Butterface

>So what's the worst that could happen?
On those 50+ degree summer days you'll melt your alternator

Don't know about cars, but I bought a crap Chinese battery for my motorcycle and the thing will not die. I didn't even winterize my bike last year. Just let that battery sit outside in freezing snow all winter long. And somehow the bike fired right up on the first try first day of spring.

It's for purely aesthetics.