How much was the cheapest car you bought and how long did you have it?

I bought an 01 DeVille for 1k USD and I drove it ~10000 miles for about 3 months before the dash fell out and it almost killed me

Now I drive a 97 outback I bought for 1k and sunk.another 2k in

Dodge Neon es for $600. Had it for a month before selling it for $1000.

VY commy with stickers all over it for 500 off a mate going back to inzid, cooked 2 weeks later on the highway.

Somewhere in the hills after a drunk afternoon at a mate's property where it got towed to.

Cheapest I've actually bought myself
car - used '14 Mustang GT Premium for $28k plus tax
motorcycle - new '14 Harley Sportster for $8k plus tax
Still have both.
Cheapest bought by my parents for me was a 2000 Kia Sportage for $5k, had it about 3 years.

>the dash fell out and it almost killed me

lolwut.
how the fuck does this happen without warning?

>VL Commodore for 400nzd
>Had it for a year before I wrecked the suspension losing it on a gravel road at 130kmh and jumping over a berm

>Pic semi related, just needs steelies and bondo everywhere
I miss my bogan wagon

cool opel

They are, best engine Holden ever had went in those

1999 Chevy Lumina.
Salvage title, bought for $100.
Had it for about three years.
Drove it as a daily commuter in Seattle for 9 months, then threw all my shit in the trunk and drove it to Utah. There it spent a few months under a snow drift while I worked at a ski lodge. Once it thawed I hooked the battery back up, cranked it over and drove it to Alaska. There it spent the entire summer as the Camp Car for a bunch of dirty raft guides. Drove it back down in the fall and spent a month and a half camping around Washington, Oregon, Cali, Nevada, Idaho and Utah. Left it parked in Seattle completely unattended for three months, came back from Ecuador to find it totally unmolested except for a ticket for expired tags.
Tried to renew but it failed smog so I sold it for $250.
Never broke down, never left me stranded.

$1900 96 subaru legacy that I did hektik touge runs in and then sold it 3 weeks later for $2300

$1200 Miata
it has been my DD for 2 years

$1800 for this beauty, sunk another $2000 into maintenance/insurance/etc, sold it after 8 months because I was bored

very much regret doing so

you underpaid by about $2500 there, bad deal

Accidentally deleted my post somehow.

>Just bought a 99 Civic EX with a 140k miles and a manual transmission for 500, no larp.
I'm in California so it was a pretty great fucking deal considering the condition it's in and the fact that it hasn't been riced to hell and back.

I got an E38 740i for 500 bucks. Drove that thing 20k miles on just general upkeep. Destroyed when some roastie blew a red

I bought a Renault Fuego for a grand cash from a shitty used car dealer and drove it for about 6 months until the brakes got so bad I literally couldn't stop in less than half a football field. I was uber poorfag and couldn't afford the $250 brake job on a $1000 car. Don't know how I managed not to kill myself or someone else during that time.

Now when I see shitty cars on the road I keep my distance.

Literally a cool story bro.

1995 civic, unmolested but had a fartcan catback, otherwise stock everything. €600 and have it now 9 months, didnt even had to replace a part. only changed oil every 3000km.

bought this mercury topaz for exactly 70 dollars last summer for shits and giggles. rear main seal was toast, one of the wheel bearings was shot and the left front brake calliper was seized. had it for 2 weeks then sold it for 200 bucks, believe it or not its still on the road and the guys fixed everything wrong with it

>$500
>1,000km (1 week)
all kinds of shit wrong with it. a slow moneypit isn't worth it

700 for this Isuzu Trooper that has body damage from an unreported accident and a engine knock that comes and goes. But at about a year and half ive been getting my moneys worth

How the hell? I thought sports cars were unreliable

400 dollar 95 f150
10 years and going

what went wrong?

SUZUKI SWIFT 1998.jpeg
car cost 800$
rust repairs cost 600$
new battery and alternator 300$
ac refill 60$
some misc stuff another 300$

tfw it cost me more than the VEE DUBB
tfw its still rusting in spots

Bought an 89 Cutlass for $1000. Drove it for 2 years until one of the brake lines rusted into nothing while pulling into my garage. Had my mechanic friend fix it and sold it to a 16 year old nigger for $500 before another line snapped and killed me.

this.
/comfy/

$500 ‘94 Ford Taurus
80,000 miles, 6 years
Torque converter went all kamakazi

I'm currently shopping for another beater to undertake similar shenanigans this spring. Sometimes I feel like those people that adopt old dogs and take them adventures before they die, only I do it with shitty sedans.

I would like clarification as well

Try having the steering wheel air bag fall out onto your lap.
Luckily the wires didn't cross or that would have ended very badly for me.

My Camaro. Bought it for $300. Im currently trying to sell it. Had it for 5 years

got 99 Altima for free from my brother
I'm going to trade in for mazda3 this month,
altima's starting to falling apart

It's a GM. Rattles, rattles, rattles ....

Paid $100 for a Fox Body Mustang as a project last February. It’s a project and I just got an engine stand to pull the engine and do a rebuild myself, with my next door neighbor teaching me. It ran after replacing the fluids, fuel pump, and fuel pump relay, but I know that it sat since 2007 with the previous owner (friend of my uncles). After I’m done with the rebuild, however long that takes, I plan on homefully restoring the interior, which is burgundy with cloth seats, and cleaning out everything to make sure there’s no rodents and all that in there. I already checked the frame and body and there’s zero meaningful rust although the paint definitely needs love. But a good friend of the family paints for a living so I should be able to get it repainted for cheap.

$400 civic, sold nigger stereo out of it for $300, drove it for 7 years, put over 200km on it

I think I got my $100 worth

the back plastic clip that holds it all in just snapped all the way across. I took out the entire console and dash. The nigger rigged head unit sat on the floor and I lost airbags and traction control after that since it was connected to the headunit

Get an impala, basically a lumina but better and somewhat more modern

T. Dad had a lumina, impala, Pontiac sunfire, and chevy cobalt within 17 years

Get an impala, basically a lumina but better and somewhat more modern

T. Dad had a lumina, impala, Pontiac sunfire, and chevy cobalt within 17 years

Most of the cheap Impalas around me are in pretty rough shape.
I'm looking at a 97 Century, same basic platform as the Lumina but nicer trim.
There's also a bog-standard 93 Taurus with the base model 3 liter and less than 150k on it for $1000. Could probably talk him down a bit because the ad's been up for a while.

First car I started driving around was a 2001 Xterra. I didn’t own it. It belonged to my dad but he would let me borrow it. First car I owned was a 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero. Still drive it today and I’m under 80k miles with it so far. Planning on keeping it permanently.

Bought a 1989 MK2 Golf for 200€. Drove it for about a year and put 10k km on it. That thing never broke down, it only needed a little bit of oil every 2k km.

Audi A3 1.6 1999.
Paid 400$ and had it for one year, then sold it for 1000$

Swift for $275 in 2010
>Still going

in burger money, $650, had it for a year. i had to replace suspension, gearbox, and many less important things. i still have it, trying to sell it for ~$1200, but i'll go down if needed.

I won't miss it. It was my first car and i obviously have lots of related nostalgia, but god it was terrible. gearbox lever was just flying around (it wasn't gearbox fault or anything, just this is how this car works), clutch wasn't much better either, it was fogging inside no matter what i did (opening rear windows was helping a bit though), suspension was stupidly soft, it had weak (75HP) engine and 1100kg of weight. the good thing is that i've learned to never care about "functionality" or "practicality" stuff, getting a car you actually like is incredibly important. i will never prioritize mileage again.