Would buying one of these new be worth it? It'd be ~1/2 of my yearly salary

Would buying one of these new be worth it? It'd be ~1/2 of my yearly salary.

I'd be looking to drive it 10+ years

>1/2 of my yearly salary.
hahahahahaha holy shit.

Get a previous gen. Yes they are a ton of money for a used truck, but it's not by accident. The new gen has some teething issues. You can find a gen 2 with 100k miles for $18k, will easily be good for 10 years and another 150k miles

>It'd be ~1/2 of my yearly salary.
As in the vehicle is worth half your salary or the payments are half your salary?

As in the vehicle is worth 1/2 my yearly gross salary. A 4x4 TRD Off Road goes for around 35k.

The guy makes 70K a year, let's all point and laugh.

You mong.

If you want it g get it. Fuck what people say on here.

I dunno that much gets you a Colorado ZR2 with front and rear lockers and an extra 50hp or a real truck like a Silveraydo. If you really need the "small" form factor and the resale go ahead but domestics will give you more bang for the buck.

Do what this guy says.

Spending 50% of your gross salary will make you car poor. I would think after taxes you'd bring home 45k or so. Spending 78% or so of your take home pay on a car doesn't seem like a great plan. Let someone else take the hit.

I just figure that with a new truck I can be meticulous with the maintenance schedule in a way I can't be with used

Sure, just finance it for 5 years. I mean, I wouldn't finance a 35k car making 70k/yr but you do you bro.

I take home 36k/yr (end of the day, after taxes and all) and financed a 6k bike, paid it off in a couple years. I'd look at waiting for them to go on the market used in a few years, or buying a used model from 2012-15 and enjoying the fact a lot of the depreciation from being used has already settled in.

That's true, and if I planned to keep the truck a long time I would consider new. I thought you mentioned 10 years or so. I wouldn't consider that long enough to warrant the extra cost. This is your purchase though so whatever ya wanna do.

Frankly IT would probably be best to go no more than 1/4th of your salary, but as this guy said

Why don't you lease something domestic, drive the shit out of it, don't maintain it and give it back? The lease payments are a lot lower. I don't blame you for being weary of used trucks though.

Its a tough world out there my mane
Not all people have gainz like u

t. larper

Every review I've seen of this truck concludes that the Colorado ZR2 is better.

It's also 15k more.

Great truck very comfortable, interior quality could be better but ehh I'm fine with it

Colorado has nothing on the TRD pro, and worse interior for sure.

so you're saying that no one other than lawyers, doctors, and business executives should buy a car worth more than a subcompact kia?

i think you're poorness is clouding your world view, finanacing a 35k car for a few year, when you make 70 a year is perfectly reaonable

> 70k/yr
> larper

real kiddo hours

Why are we all implying it's a 35k truck? You can pick it up for 27k OTD for the base model. 30k if you want some features or a crew cab.

>base model
>4x2
Why even buy a truck?

Living far south. I live in the keys and drive a 4x2 taco

Bump for interest

I have the base SR model that i picked up for 21k. If i can easily afford it on E3 pay, you can afford it.

My only suggestions; go for the V6, and manual. 4wd if you want it. Fun fact; most of the features in the fancier versions (cruise control, wiper speeds, etc) are already built into the base model, you just need to add the switch.

I can't ever find the base model with a 4x4 at any of the dealers near me.

Don't drive it through long grass, it'll catch on fire

Sometimes you have to just order one or have them ship one over. I think the SR5 is the lowest you can go with 4x4.

That's what middle class is dude. Moat people don't make that.