Come back to Veeky Forums after a long while

>Come back to Veeky Forums after a long while
>Everyone hates manuals now

Why the fug?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOmayx2JBs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just select shitposters that their left leg has atrophied after sitting in a basement for 22 years straight and now can't use a clutch as a result.

who the fuck hates manuals here

it's called shitposters and false flaggers.

this
only tranny Veeky Forums doesnt hate besides manual is dtc and thats it

Is this bait? /o called me a retard for buying an SMG e46 m3

Because literally the only reason to have a manualtragic in 2017 + 1 is to be a dick loving ego stroking poser, there's no benefit over auto these days at all.

Nice b8, m8

The bench Racers gave us half a year of
>HURRRRR DE MANUEL IZ MUCH FAST
>IZ FOR REAL DRIVERS
>U A SHIT DRIVER FOR NOT HAVING DE MANUAL
>U DON'T EVEN LIKE CAR DO U
>LE AUTOTRAGIC AHAHAHAHAHA
>SUCH A FAGGOT
>WHORESLAUGHING.JPG
>DON'T CARE IF IT'S FAST IT DOESN'T CUM IN MANUEL
And so after a time people start to get better and better at arguing with these halfwits and there fidget shifters. Thus we now have a new breed of halfwit that think auto is the way to go. Also with the sc300/400 being named /memecar/ 2018 more people are starting to appreciate the comfy slush box.

I like SMG user, wish my 1 had it instead of the ZF.

Its more respect for DCT than hate of manuals.

remember people born post y2k post here now.

Blowback from MUH MANUAL faggotry.

even regular autos are better than manuals

soys and numales HATE manual because their legs aren't strong enough to engage the clutch
everytime manual is brought up they go full sperg mode because that's their way of coping

I don't hate manual and for certain cars it is the correct choice, especially older sports cars. I prefer auto though and most new cars have a better auto trans than manual.

>Calls people halfwits
>Takes half an year to start gathering any feasible arguments against said people
The absolute state of people with no left leg.

I have a bone tumor on my left leg and sometime it's awfully painfull to press the clutch

After ten years of manual I think my next car will be an autotrgic, not very happy actually

that's literally impossible
i broke both my legs and stayed on a bed for three month
i couldn't walk but driving was easy

This is wrong. I managed to get around with a very heavy volvo clutch nd I am about as weak as they come

Gated Manual > Manual > DCT > torque vectoring >>>> CVT

>torque vectoring
Manualfags confirmed for not knowing what they are taking about.

What a moron. Wasted trips too.
Sequentual Manual > Normal Manual > DCT > power gap > torque *converter* auto> power gap > power gap > current CVT

I don't have a problem with the PERFORMANCE of auto trannies. I have a problem with their repair and maintenance.

A simple 5 or 6 speed gearbox is much cheaper and easier to repair (especially for the end-user) while offering 95-99% of the performance of the latest, greatest, most sophisticated auto tranny.

Sorry for bad Englando im not a native speaker. I would like to see you drive a sequential manual in traffic though.

I mean, I do it on a bike all the time...

My father has a friend whose wife drove rally spec STi with sequential gearbox as an everyday car, because she didn't like the S-Class ot was it a big SUV(Q7 or GL) he bought her. She liked the car so much that she made him remove the rollcage to install the rear seats back into it, so she could drive the kids. If a woman can do it, so can I.

In a car its usually for racing though, i imagine that those are horrible for stop and go traffic.

Well i have never driven one, but i assumed there was a reason why they are never offered on production cars.

It's because they are fucking expensive, the cheapest one that would fit my Subaru is along the lines of $10-15k.

I will be honest, with a simple base model civic lx manual that I own, I am not users to the power of anything remotely sporty but I have driven my fair share of cars with paddle shifters.

The only one that tickled my prostate was the F60 M3 with is totally bonkers because I'm probably not used to the power, but the shifting is just so rapid and lacks any possible hesitation. The transmission was set in sport plus mode if I remember correctly.

I've been driving a manual for 8 years, and I reckon my next car will most likely be an auto.

I'm just sick of downshifting/upshifting in traffic, using a clutch and the pain of reverse parking on hills etc.

Most autos nowadays have manual options and all sorts of goodies.

Basically the Veeky Forums you used to know is gone and all the oldfags are replaced by nubois who only grew up with autos
Basically this.

Funny story most skylines in my country are autos even the r30-34 driven by p platers it's hilarious even as recent as 5-10 years ago every youngfag drove standard because manuals felt better and had more power 5-10kw/HP at the wheels over auto but now they are spoilt by 300hp+ V6/i4turbos which make enough torque stock it negates the edge 5-6sp manuals used to have

>Tldr: autos got more gears and normies only care about floopy paddels

>nubois who only grew up with autos
the nubois are actually the ones forcing manuals because they're so hellbent on coming across as REAL drivers. Oldfags grew up on their parents e30's and e36's with manuals and don't need these shenanigans anymore. Nice try at manipulating the narrative though.

entirely depends on car
>if its normie corolla i dont give shit whatever i got on budget
>if its honhonhon shitbox/duprt dsluun then manual is mantadory
>if its full blown madmans chariot its dct for me

The only reason we are even discussing this outdated technology in 2018 is because tbe nostalgiafags and poorfags that look back fondly on their manual shitboxes are so insecure about the world around them evolving. Manuelle bitches are literally a vocal minority.

Soyboys

Fuck off eurofag

>Not having an automatic for highway speeds machine.

>doing a machines work

Do you hand wash your clothes?

>letting a machine drive for you
You probably look forward to self driving cars right?

I look forward to less fatalities related to automotive travel, yes.

idk about anyone else but personally i do this

it's actually faster and is a good workout and it's a bunch of fun.

ITT we try to out-hipster one another

Not everyone, just 'muritards telling themselves it's better because they lack the mental capacity to shift and drive at the same time.

>all the oldfags are replaced by nubois who only grew up with autos

True.

But you cannot overlook that the auto industry has been pushing in favor of automated transmissions for years now. Oh, you like that hot new Ferrari? Too bad, it doesn't come with manual? Want a Porsche 911 with manual? Prepare to pay out the ass for some high-spec model. Want a BMW M5 with a manual? You should've bought one 2 years ago...oh, you're a yuropoor? You should've bought 8 years ago.

Do you even know how to drive stick? Or is autisticly regurgitating shit you read on the internet the only thing you know how to do... That and occasionally parallel park your Chevy Malibu...

B8

This is part of it, but also, their arms aren't strong enough to shift a manual anyway.

fpbp

/thread

>false flaggers
False flaggots, surely?

>Sequentual Manual > Normal Manual
No thanks. Block changes are nice.

They're not as complex to use as you make them out to be
You just tap through the gears
And considering how most people don't skip gears
It's pretty much like using a regular manual

literally every single manual owner skips fucking gears busrider

fuck outta here, if you can’t even press a boosted clutch, you ahould cut the leg off.

I like manuals but it’s such a joke that I’d buy one for my daily.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOmayx2JBs8

Ofc I plan to get a fun project car with a manual, but I’d rather not have the constant stress of hoping my parking break works at every hillstop

You do know that the "Park" setting on most auto trannies means that the weight of the car is being held by a single 1/2" tooth on a single lever, right?

Most people I see usually row through the gears
I mean of them might not let of the clutch in every gear but they do at least put the shifter in position
Also
>HURRR YOU OBSERVED SOMETHING WRONG BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER BUSRIDER
Can you stop being ass blasted for a few minutes? You sound like the real busrider here

this is correct
turned in my E60 auto for repairs
drove 10 miles with my dads 116d
>entire night of cramps in my left leg

>No thanks. Block changes are nice.
I do agree, but if I got to sacrifice using my hand a bit more, for that rally feel on the upshift, I am willing to do it.

I can, it's just unpleasant to do

The parking brake (handbrake/e-brake/ratcheting brake that operates on the rear wheels mechanically) is way more reliable compared to a parking pawl. Furthermore, a slight bump on the vehicle from another car will result in the vehicle either slightly rolling, or skidding, instead of a broken transmission.

I DD a stickshift in Berkeley.

lmao pussy

nobody cares, just go outside and drive your shitbox instead of shitposting

Not my problem t56/tr6060/magnum swap the world

Auto delet is easy and most of all cheap the average swap costs at most 3k with a clutch tune and box + pedals

>Want a Porsche 911 with manual? Prepare to pay out the ass for some high-spec model
What are you talking about, only the Turbo (S) and GT2 RS are PDK-only

As long as Europe is around, we will always have manuals. People need to be able to afford a cheap car in Europe. I could see America ditching manuals completely for DCT though.

Even you guys are slowly switching to automatics. Most of your new euro tractors are going automatic as well. Automatics don't cost that much to manufacture anymore. The only people using them in the future will be the shitholes of the world like Asia and Africa.

Manuals will die in our lifetime

Sports cars will only have dct

I can't drive manual, only had 2 driving lessons with a manual car. My first two shitboxes have been automatic because that's what I could get for dirt cheap. Now that I'm looking to get a decent manual car, how do I learn to drive manual before buying it? Don't want to borrow a friend's car and ruin the clutch/transmission.

I've owned 26 cars in my life. 25 of them were manual.

my current vehicle is a Audi S4 with the 7-speed automated-dual-clutch.

Is it an automatic? sure.
Can I pop it in drive and commute to work and relax with my comfy heated seats? you bet
can I also switch it over to Manual and shift faster than 90% of the manuals out there? oh yeah.

I think automated manual gearboxes are the next evolution of transmissions. Manuals are fun, trust me, i know. But there's something to be said about a DSG. Which is why I own one.

your buddy wont let you break his shit if he can teach worth a darn.

>Is it an automatic?
sure.
>Can I pop it in drive and commute to work and relax with my comfy heated seats?
You bet
>Can I also switch it over to Manual and shift faster than 90% of the manuals out there?
oh yeah.

I think automated manual gearboxes are just the next evolution of transmissions.

Manuals are fun, trust me, i know. But there's something to be said about a DSG's, Which is why I own one.

>Is it an automatic?
sure.
>Can I pop it in drive and commute to work and relax with my comfy heated seats?
You bet
>Can I also switch it over to Manual and shift faster than 90% of the manuals out there?
oh yeah.

I think automated manual gearboxes are just the next evolution of transmissions.

Manuals are fun, trust me, i know. But there's something to be said about a DSG's, Which is why I own one.

Nah give me a h pattern or sequential with a clutch pedal desu I like a manual clutch

>Is it an automatic?
sure.
You bet
oh yeah.

>implying Veeky Forums will ever not be retarded luddites obsessed with outdated and inferior things

lmao

Liking manuals because you consider them fun is a legit preference, but most of the time people here get caught up in retarded elitism about it.

Learning to drive manual is not difficult. In fact, it's the default in most countries, meaning that most retards who drive cars can do it unless they have a disability that makes it difficult or impossible to use their left left or both arms at the same time. In fact, where I live easily like 90% of all drivers drive manuals. There are grannies who will claim that they literally CANNOT drive an automatic because they never learned anything else.

So in short, driving/preferring a manual doesn't make you better.

What's worse is that sometimes you will come across someone crazy enough to claim that a manual is somehow the more convenient and/or lazier choice, when it literally and objectively is the opposite of that.

>Is it an automatic?
sure.
You bet
oh yeah.

I've owned 25 cars in my life. 26 of them were manual.

>Is it an automatic?
sure.
You bet
oh yeah.

We need to ban cars that have number sticks. They are an outdated piece of technology. Drivers that use numbers sticks are 27 percent more likely to cause a fatal accident according to the DOT. Older cars with number sticks would be grandfathered in. The only reason people still drive with number sticks is because they think it makes them bad ass or they are a mentally ill baby boomer desperate to hold onto the only thing left from their childhood that is still around.

>Drivers that use numbers sticks are 27 percent more likely to cause a fatal accident according to the DOT.
[citation needed]

What's"new"? 2015 and up?

*Sports CVT

good thing hes talking about stopping and not parking

SMG isn’t bad, just doesn’t like shifting at low speeds

New cars are cars which have not previously been purchased/owned. Something/o/ doesn't know anything about.

If you buy cars new, you are a fucking moron. You may as well just flush your money down the toilet.

This but also fat Americans

manual will be surpassed by auto on most fronts but there will always be one thing that manual will have over an auto.

no one will ask to borrow your car after they know it's a manual. you shouldn't let them barrow it even if it was auto but having a manual removes you as an option from the start.

Being gay in the open now is norm.

>>>>>>>parking break
>break

>using the parking brake on every hill

lol

I've owned 25 cars in my life. 26 of them were manual.

my current vehicle is a Audi S4 with the 5-speed automated-dual-clutch.

>Is it an automatic?
sure.
You bet, at least it work sometimes.
I don't think so.

Manualfag here but
>fidget shifters
gave me a good kek well played user

I think it's just sad that insecure morons have to fight about this in the first place. Some people take that shit way too seriously. People who drive stick naturally lament the reduced number of options available these days because fewer and fewer drive stick. Some take this too far and start denigrating anyone who doesn't drive a stick shift car. Then some automatic car drivers overreact because they feel like their masculinity is threatened or something and start spouting off about how automatics are way faster and blah blah blah when actual enthusiasts who just like using them because it's fun don't don't really care.

>owned 25 cars
>26 of them were manual
and negative one of them were automatics?

What I think is funny:
When some years ago one said that they want a manual transmission because it feels nice and you have more control, they said "lol you're not a race car driver, just get an auto"
And now, now that automatic transmissions have gotten better, autofags always bring the argument that it "shifts way faster" than a manual transmission ever could
who is the boyracer wannabe racecar driver now, you fucking autofags?

Everyone hates manuals right now?

Aww fuck I just bought my car, alright lads, needa new car, auto only, wut do?