Gigantic General #18
High Flyer Edition

>Gigantic News
gogigantic.com/en/games/Gigantic/news
>Useful information and gameplay tips
pastebin.com/pL8tAmQE
>Hero Guides
mistforge.org/select_hero
>Information about mechanics (CC, buffs, debuffs, status effects)
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10447093/

>View your Gigantic profile and stats
stats.gogigantic.com/en/
>View your skill rating when Refer a friend
arcgames.com/en/gg-refer-a-friend

>Gigantic for Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/327690/Gigantic/
>Gigantic for Arc
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/
>Gigantic for Windows 10
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gigantic-game-preview/9nblggh444sh

>/gigg/ ID list for Steam/Arc
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYel67dS9Iya7szRv036gjBglN6m_hrLWpBf6ZgxzteKhksQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Result spreadsheet for Steam/Arc ID list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oU-BVbqkJPtypRGJYwwqR1DcJhjbT6Yh59U2JLw0Nvo/edit?usp=sharing

>Xbone/Win10 /gigg/ ID list
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYel67dS9Iya7szRv036gjBglN6m_hrLWpBf6ZgxzteKhksQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>/gigg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/giganticvg

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8NxWn48tY
mistforge.org/build_viewer?build_id=189
mistforge.org/build_viewer?hero_id=4&skills=biighbddff&summons=000&talent=1
reddit.com/r/gigantic/comments/6sgof2/increase_deserter_penalties/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>my ancestors

post em

Are you one of those
>eyes cannot see past sigsdy frames
downies?

Which hero has the most Gigantic wiener?

Margrave probably
Or Sven

dude i have a 12 trillion hz monitor but play this game on a fucking nokia why isn't it playing nice lmao shit game

Knossos

why is this game so much fun
i dont get it
i thought it was some trash paladins clone
but damn im hooked as hell

While it's still a bit rough around the edges, Motiga has a good thing going with the base game. It just feels good to play, which goes a long way.

>try meming as Wu in Ghost Reef
>jump back to pull with E and drag someone off cliff
>pull charnok and jump back up
>he uses his q to jump back up too

Well, to actually play the games at 144 fps so that the 144hz monitor can be used to it's full potential you need a powerful enough machine, which also costs more than BRs and slavs manage to afford.
I'm not sure whether you're implying that monitor refresh rates mean jack shit or that 144hz monitors aren't expensive. In either case, you'd be wrong:
144hz monitors cost more than 60hz monitors do and there certainly is a difference between the two, given that your machine is capable of running the game at a high framerate.

This video doesn't really explain it properly, considering how youtube videos are displayed at 30 fps, but it's a great example about the difference that refresh rates make: youtube.com/watch?v=Ax8NxWn48tY

people who can afford a 144hz can afford a good enough build to utilize it, this isn't complicated

ready for death

>Fight against vadashi
>She's going dps
>2 of her bolts chunk me

I feel like the games' going to die pretty soon.

I've been playing Dirty Bomb for 2 years
This was good enough to get me to play something else

The trouble is that good gameplay alone is rarely enough to keep a game alive.
I hate to compliment Blizzard given how boring their recent titles have been, but they understand what is important.

Good performance, good social functions to make it easy to play with friends and make new ones, things that limit frustration like fixing bugs, good matchmaking, good QoL and systems design, and good tooltips and supplementary resources.

Stuff that makes the game a little easier and less frustrating to play. These are things that often matter more than the gameplay itself when it comes to player retention, and so many new development teams ignore them.

I can't tell you the number of games I've played in the last 5-7 years that had fantastic gameplay and were basically DoA because of things like this.

The one that's going to die...
*smirks*
...is YOU!
Eat Steel!
*teleports behind you*
*slices you up before you even realize what's going on*
Hmph...
Trying to run away?
*turns invisible and curbstomps you*
Pssh... Too easy.

go 4 wounds

xenobia

>Chicken beckett skin
I want this

I know it's just the same person shitposting over and over in every thread, but I really don't think so.

Given how many times this game should've died during development, I think they'll probably keep the lights on and continue releasing patches for as long as there are still a few people playing.

If you're going off Steam numbers - I can't speak for everyone, but as soon as I realized how useless it was to double launch it through Steam I started playing it on Arc, and I doubt I'm the only one.

am I a /gudboy/ yet

>5k
ignore the mmr shitters, mmr is a mess right now and is being reset soon, just don;t pay attention

yea
the biggest gripes i have with the game is
>almost all game info is found outside the game
>ZERO buff timers
>playing with friends is a hassle because there isn't lobby chat or hero select chat, so we have to use discord
>Leveling system is clunky until you really know what you're doing
>armor, hp, debuffs and stuff aren't explained well ingame
>requires 6gigs of ram to play
>also no way to report afkers
Like, if those issues are solved, I think this game will take off.

Blizzard's match-making is absolutely atrocious. Gigantic's is pretty bad as well, but I feel the devs are more willing to fix than Blizzard who are too stubborn to admit thier system is fucked.

They really need to fix match-making though in this game and have a hard MMR reset before they release ranked.

And actually having a system based on personal performance instead of team performance would help alot imo. People shouldn't be penalized if they have a mouth-breathing retard on their team who keeps feeding.

>2 minute queue times
[f]

*summons bloomers in middle points when there is a tripp in the other team*

>tripp tries to kill you while you're running around the bloomer healing you and kill you
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But then you'd have games where people do nothing but stat whore because it will help them rank up despite losing
then you could say that if everyone is working as hard as they can to statwhore then they'll be trying their best to win
my short response: it could work for gigantic

>2 minute queue on a random ass wednesday at 2:11 PM
my dude

>That wozu skin
Go for the Wounds faggots I want that skin

>plain looking golden recolor

furfags are this retarded.

When is it a good time to backcap
and can you tell me the tier of characters who are the best back cappers

which creature is the most capable of defending itself from a backcapper giving you the most time to get there?

on it captain

In most games, systems like that don't work.

For objective based games, you can afford to die strategically as long as it helps accomplish the objective. Stats don't really matter.

In Gigantic, keeping you and your team alive IS the objective. KDR is a direct reflection of how much power you've generated vs. how much power you've given to the enemy team.

Ultimately I don't think it matters that much how they determine a MMR - whether it's by standard ELO, stats, or a mix between the two. The one mistake everyone makes is to make the values public for casual. That's the thing that really frustrates everyone and gets people salty - most people don't actually care about winning or losing, they care about how it affects their arbitrary little number that everyone can see.

shadow cerb, after it cyclop

good time to back cap is when youre wounding, because tripp will fucking melt and feed the enemy shields if she even thinks about going for wound damage
you're infinitely more useful killing the enemies creatures while they're distracted by the wound
Top tier
Tripp
everyone else sucks dick at backcapping

Cyclops
Cerberus
Bloomer
Adult Cyclops will kill a tripp if they aren't careful
Cerberus are just annoyed because they teleport and shit
Bloomers are generally easy to kill
remember
Doggy on A
Tree on B
Cyclops and Obelisks on Neutrals
if you spawn a drake kill yourself

It's practically impossible to fail, the weekend hasn't even been counted yet and the pace is above par. They could have done something more creative but whatever. I'm fine with a free skin.

Guys, the true problem with Gigantic is that it has no depth
Prove me wrong, sadly you can't

>tfw you rush sanctum c to spawn a cyclops

there's depth in the fact that there are multiple objectives and each objective can have different creatures spawned on it
5/10 you made me reply

gets me every time

Why in the flying fuck am I being matched with such retards? Constantly running 1v5 and giving free kills to the enemy team.

Whoever said that 6.5k mmr was babysitter hell was 100% right.

That's because shitters can't see below the surface
Take a look at this infographic for reference

I swear to fucking god some faggot on my team always makes it his life's work to race to point B and spawn a drake. every. fucking. game.

>that guy who picks zandora on a team full of ranged heroes

what goes no in these people's minds?

My first time playing Wu i ended up more or less with the same kdr than that guy, Wu is fucking hard man

Asking myself the same question senpai
He wasnt even playing that bad but he thought he was god or something jumping into the whole enemy team and expecting to get kills.

the first couple games I died 15 times

>beckett main
>complains about his teammates
color me surprised

>devs think the playerbase will be able to do 2.1 billion guardian damage in a week

We are doing fine at the moment mouth breather

>Guardian damage is already over 600 million in 2 days

fake nigger news

If i'm gonna complain about teammates it should be in a case like this, don't you think?

name 1 (one) thing this game does better than overwatch

No Q to win

you're right it's F to win instead

Hero kits and visual design.
ULT doesn't automatically win you fights.
No shitty break chokepoint or lose maps.
Much more mobile gameplay.

better furbait

its definitively less mechanically inclined that OW. the mixture in OW feels like one of the greatest oddities of OW.

the scoreboard and how the score is kept is interesting, im honestly gonna say gigantic has one of the best KOTH setups i have ever seen

-----L
OVERSHITTER
-----A
-----V
-----E

Id say its more mechanical than ow. This game has stats, less forgivinghitboxes, upgrades and heroes with generally more abilities.

it's actually fun

OW has like 4 heroes that are mechanically inclined. everyone else is a matter of range and being close enought.

the skills on OW are more forgiving due to low CDs but thats about it.

Glad we agree?

Post Imani builds

left right left right up up down down A then B

ive literally never had anyone focus me as hard as that tripp was that game, i dont think shes really THAT broken i just think she has too much stuff in her kit, if my team wasn't terrible she wouldn't have mattered at all

post your charnok build for that game
you shouldn't be having too many issues with tripp, especially if you play into her lack of verticality

i think the one thing that could be changed about her that seems reasonable is that the guardians should attack her when shes in stealth, it's really dumb

melee is actually fun, people actually move at more than a snails pace, no mercy grill gamers btw :^), less baby needs to be included heroes, maps that aren't one straight line otherwise shitters heads might explode, healers don't nullify all your damage constantly

Or that hitting her in stealth should break her out of it. Having a completely get out of jail free card is pretty fucking dumb.

i just used this one, he's in my rotation so i've only played a few games on him mistforge.org/build_viewer?build_id=189

she honestly was probably the only person i died to that entire game it felt like, but i got away/killed her about half i think of the time

it'd be nice if it showed enemy icons on the map or something when they're attacking your ally because i never EVER get anyone on my team to actually help me when i get jumped and i think that might help

Save up for new hero?

i think that'd hurt her too much but yeah it shouldn't be that strong, i also hate how fast she moves just in general, it'd be interesting if she couldn't sprint while stealthed but that might be too much

tripp eats ranged booty for sure but at least charnok can fight her off solo
>dragons breath
>Q with flaming ground
>E
she probably wont die but you'll hurt her worse than she hurts you

this
Dots reveal her in stealth
She's squishy as fuck, if you take away her stealth, she melts like an icecream in hell.
most hero's have a get out of jail free card like her
literally
git gud

spotted the tripp main

All stealth abilities in the game are limited by either AoE or inability to sprint.

Not only is Tripp not confined to an AoE and is allowed to sprint, she can get even MORE mobility for stealthing.

Invisibility will never be able to be balanced for other heroes because Tripp just gets to have it with no limits.

yeah, i don't really see why voden can't sprint during his stealth, sure she's melee and he's ranged, but they're both used for the same thing as escapes

in that case she should be able to sprint while stealthed if shes not in combat but if she's still registered as in combat as in no health regen, she can only walk

>tfw 7k guardian dmg as knossos and still almost lose

I thought you guys were joking but they literally summoned bloomers on every point

shadow doggy saves the day

nerfing her stealth isn't the way to go, mainly because her entire kit runs through it. i'd say get rid of the copious amounts of cc in her kit

I think more that she should have a limiting factor, something like "taking more than 100 damage breaks stealth".

I wonder how they're going to implement stealth heroes in the future, if they've got limits on their stealth too then there's an even greater argument to put one on tripp.

Also is there any better feeling than bleeding a Tripp and following the floating damage numbers around and kill her in stealth?

I still want her stealth nerfed, if just for some consistency when it comes to how stealth is balanced, having everyone else get additional stipulations seems odd from a design perspective, it'd be like creating a hero who uses beams but can also sprint while channelling it.

best to ping the ground to catch people's attention, otherwise mongo's won't pay attention to their own back line
grab backdraft earlier if you're dealing with melee pressure to space for yourself, as well as blast off instead of dive bomb
blast off is a really good safety tool vs melees

mistforge.org/build_viewer?hero_id=4&skills=biighbddff&summons=000&talent=1
maximum melee defense build that still does really good damage
getting make it rain fire reduces your reliance on faster charge ups, but it's all up to taste
grab it earlier if you're okay with delaying other upgrades

you can also tech into longer burn LMB to keep her in combat for longer, fucking with her skirmishing

i'll give this a try next time i play, thanks!

im a known ragequitter, ask me everything

Why do it in a game where comebacks are so common?

are you a known ragequitter?

Someone has quit every game I've been in today. Every game. If the enemy guardian gets to attack, someone quits. Doesn't even matter if we are winning or losing.

Motiga needs to give players the choice to join games in progress. Not automatically assign them to games with leavers. But make it an option. They also need to punish leavers. These "muh mmr" assholes are ruining the game.

not everything needs to be the same

upboat

reddit.com/r/gigantic/comments/6sgof2/increase_deserter_penalties/

Yeah i had a game yesterday where both teams had a leaver before the first wound.

yes
im fairly experienced and know when shit is unredeemable
plus faggy teamstackers that likes to farm mmr, that's an instant q dodge for me

Holy shit is there like anything overwatch does right? I never played it but I saw it get BTFO so many times by TF2fags, GiganticFags and even PaladinFags, and only retaliation I see from OWfags is
>Muh polish
>You just ripped off our game!!!(not true by the way most of the time)
>Muh graphics (Not as pleasing to the eye as TF2 or Gigantic)
And worst of all, it's not even free, is this game really as bad as /v/ led me to believe?

Nah OW is pretty fun. Gameplay is fun if you have a coordinated team, bunch of different game modes and custom modes, heroes feel unique for the most part with a variety of play styles, unique/diverse cast of characters, matches go quick.

It has faults but it's still pretty solid.