Germany’s KBA automotive watchdog has detected illicit emission-control software in Audi’s latest Euro-6 diesel...

>Germany’s KBA automotive watchdog has detected illicit emission-control software in Audi’s latest Euro-6 diesel models and has ordered a recall of 127,000 vehicles, Bild am Sonntag reported

europe.autonews.com/article/20180121/ANE/180129947/audi-ordered-to-recall-127000-vehicles-over-emissions-reports-say

Explain why you fags keep trusting the Germans.

>in b4 muh diesel in the Usa

Go on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6pVF1Wr7GLQ
alvolante.it/news/dieselgate-indagine-altroconsumo-dopo-aggiornamento-355536
archive.is/zGEQe
thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5017573/Most-reliable-car-makes-sold-UK-Japanese.html
whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey/
motortrend.com/news/dieselgate-investigator-speaks-out-on-volkswagen-emissions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but nobody likes vag shit here (except Porsche).

It's not vag in general, it's trusting a bunch of people that has to cheat in order to be able to compete with other manufacturers.

There are many other companies and organisations involved, such as the ADAC, Bosch and so on...

the VAG diesel scandal has almost all but killed any chance diesel (outside of trucks) might've had in the US which is disappointing because I've always wanted a sub-1 liter diesel car culture in this country like in Europe. Oldsmobile attempted to do diesels in the 70s but that backfired badly and gave americans a negative impression of the things in economy cars moving forward and the VAG scandal only made it worse just when it was starting to change people's mind. i was hoping to see sub-liter diesels from GM, Ford and Chrysler but a lot of manufacturer's just use fiat's diesels as a placeholder. at least we got an I6 diesel out of GM for the silverado trucks but they will never be used in cars.

BMW is bringing a straight six diesel with 457 lb-ft torque to America this year, diesel is not dead (yet)

Daily reminder

Nii-chan and renault-kun, Fiat-senpai and Suzuki-tan are gassy and fart a lot (so lewd!)

>fiat at the bottom
Fiat products are at the bottom of every reliability, safety or in this case emissions list, WTF

>euro 6 Diesels with defeat device
>VW at the bottom of the list as the less polluting maker
>article in the OP

Yes, totally makes sense.

Don't fall the the automotive Jew.

>I've always wanted a sub-1 liter diesel car culture in this country like in Europe.
LOL your absolutely retarded if you want that mate

You telling me you wouldn't want a 3 liter straight six diesel commodore? you telling me you wouldn't want to roll coal in your hot hatch?

Look how every brand that disturb VW sales is (((strangely))) polluting 10x times more than the dieselgate makers.

Reminder that VAG can't compete in a correct manner:

youtu.be/6pVF1Wr7GLQ

wherent you talking about

Daily reminder.

Automotive groups that have been found using a defeat device:

>VAG

The end.

wrong

>wherent you talking about

nothing stopping you from putting a big i6 out of a patrol in a smoller car m8

>I've always wanted a sub-1 liter diesel car culture in this country like in Europe.
Fortunately for us you're the only one.

>0 to 50 in under 13.5 seconds shows you just how exceptional it is

alvolante.it/news/dieselgate-indagine-altroconsumo-dopo-aggiornamento-355536

Translated page: archive.is/zGEQe

---

Read that shit and see for yourself why VAG group and germany truly is a cancer.

>45% of the people interviewed noticed changes following the software update, modified by Volkswagen to cancel the irregular program and change the behavior of the engine. Over half of the 10,500 respondents (55%) complained about consumption, increased after the intervention, while 52% noticed power losses and 37% increased noise. 17% said they had encountered mechanical problems and 12% had to carry out repairs after the workshop. The research also found that 25% of respondents were told by the workshop that the update was the cause of the failure, but only 11% received from the manufacturer the proposal for a full refund for this type of repairs. In Italy, 11% of people did not and will not update.

>Daihatsu is 26 times more reliable than Honda.
I'm guessing they had a sample size of one.

I suppose, the new GM I6 could potentially be bought as a crate engine and swapped into older cars. i just wanted more manufacturer's like Ford, Chrysler and even Honda (who has tons of factories here) to develop decent reliable small diesel engines kinda like GM's newly developed I6.
>Fortunately for us
I don't see why that'd be a bad thing, all kinds of cultures exist in this country.

not really they just make microcars?

I6 is already a niche in petrol form diesel outside of industrial/truck even moreso

>Only 2 (two) class actions in the entire continent.

Literally cucked by germany and EU

Noone cared about NOx 2 years ago

Everyone was happy and slowly dying

VW fucked up in the US and tried to jew their way out and got caught again.
Thats why everyone is fucked now.

I work at the german MOT and now I have to check emissions for every fucking car again.

Life was easy with OBD emission check.
Data input --> OBD2 Connector ---> Pass
Now I have to get the car to temp if its cold
I have to live with exhaust gases
I have to rev the shit out of every diesel car we get ( all up to the redline and that 5 times )

Thanks Volkswagen

What's the general consensus about VW in your country? Are the media denying everything or it's just that people are brainwashed and don't give a flying fuck?

It was big in the media for like a month
Now everyone tries the best to forget about it

People still buy VW and especially Diesel since they dropped in price

German buyers dont give a fuck
They just want shit as cheap as possible

wat? this board is full of vw shills
>muh arteon
>muh lolf
>muh polo
>muh passat wagon
>muh audi
>muh turbodiesel

I see, thanks for the bad news.

>I've always wanted a sub-1 liter diesel car culture in this country like in Europe
Ah yes, I always wanted a new car that is slower than a stock Civic from the 90s

people like twisties-borne shitboxes, grandpa, always have.

A
Fucking
Dishwasher

nice post we will surely now believe that daihatsu, renault, fiat and (now bankrupt) rover are reliable car brands!

thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5017573/Most-reliable-car-makes-sold-UK-Japanese.html

>Alfa
>MG
>Reliable

Hmm.jpg

The new MG are just shitboxes for the UK and China.

Alfa is reliable, these stats usually don't take memes into account.

yes yes we believe you now! very credible survey!
too bad you've never seen a MG or Rover in real life!

Automotive groups that have been found using a defeat device, because they are too succesfull on the global car market, thus making the us economy/politics/industry butthurt since they invented the car

>VAG

the end

Also the defeaning silence of all other brands when the war against vag started speaks volumes.

>Alfa is reliable, these stats usually don't take memes into account.
LMAO I'm italian and alfa romeo are some of the most unreliable shitboxes on the streets, only Fiats beat Alfas in terms of unreliability.
Why are you spreading false information on the internet user?

Then go sperg at them.

Literally the only chart speaking truth about Tesla.

>Four of the top ten cars had an astonishing 100% reliability score

>The Honda Jazz, Toyota Aygo, Lexus CT200h and Audi A3 were fault-free

All true, many doubts about the A3.

>But Britain's Range Rover Sport and Jaguar XE came bottom in their categories

Absolutely true, JLR cars are pure garbage.

>Overall almost a third of motorists with cars under three years had a fault

>Tesla's Model S comes bottom of the pile for electric cars

Absolutely true.

>I'm Italian therefore my opinion must be true

KYS

Explain this you fucking nigger: Fuck you and your memes.

No, I live where italian cars are the most popular cars on the road and I have more knowledge about our cars more than some memester on the internet.

I'll explain it to you: that is a faulty chart.
Simple.
Btw why don't you explain this list?

Post the original source:
whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey/

Reliability by brand cars 0-3yrs
Rank Brand Score
1 Lexus 92.1%
2 Mitsubishi 90.8%
3 Toyota 89.6%
4 Suzuki 86.6%
5 Alfa Romeo 85.8%
6 Honda 84.9%
7 Hyundai 84.8%
8 MG 83.4%
9 Ford 82.1%
10 Subaru 81.8%
11 Kia 81.3%
12 Audi 80.4%
13 Skoda 80.1%
14 Mini 79.6%
15 Porsche 78.3%
16 Mazda 77.9%
17 BMW 77.6%
18 Vauxhall 76.4%
19 Dacia 75.9%
20 Renault 75.4%
21 Seat 75.2%
22 Volkswagen 74.7%
23 Mercedes-Benz 70.4%
24 Fiat 70.2%
25 Volvo 62.3%
26 Jaguar 61.9%
27 Peugeot 56.7%
28 Citroën 55.2%
29 Nissan 52.7%
30 Tesla 52.4%
31 Land Rover 50.6%
32 Jeep 42.1%

Nigger

>Btw why don't you explain this list?

Consumer reports. That's it.

But these are consumer reports tooQuote: ''In our 2017 Reliability Survey, we asked more than 14,200 people to tell us about any faults their cars have suffered during the past year.''

HOW THE FUCK IS DAIHATSU not reliable you butthurt kraut?

>we asked
kek. nothing is really accurate except reliability index. warranty data > skewered kraut data > hurr are you satisfied with the number of cupholders in your car american data

The main difference is that American customers rate things as the lack of cupholders, "tiny" seats or "radio buttons too small for my sausage fingers" a real defect.

Also, it's the methodology of the test that it's stupid since it's done like this:

>tiny cupholders: +1 defect
>engine blow after 50 miles: +1 defect
>unintuitive radio: +1 defect
>door trim fell of after 1 month: +1 defect

Do you see where they fail at not being retarded?

don't bother with the kraut he will stay butthurt as long as I post the reliability index which is real accurate warranty data that BTFOs kraut cars

Have you ever seen a Daihatsu in real life? Plenty of daihatsu shitboxes here they can literally be had for 200 pounds because nobody wants those heaps of shit lmfao
Do you honestly think Daihatsu is MUCH more reliable than Toyota?

...and there are no cupholders in the Fiat 500.

Do the math.

how stupid do you have to be to insist a small JAPANESE EXCLUSIVE MICROCAR MAKER is not reliable?

Also it's a subjective test and badgewhores won't admit the real defects of their cars, never, even under torture.

this so much

luckily accurate reliability data of warranty direct in the form of reliability index shows german cars are unreliable like a turd in the sun

>tfw your car can run a quarter mile before this one hits 50

I really don't see why anyone sees this as a problem. The existing rules are way too strict to work with to make a proper vehicle. Clearly they need to be reworked to make sense with real world conditions. VAG is not the only company that cheats emissions. Every single manufacturer does it, gas or diesel. The car's ECU adjusts to be as lean and clean burning as it can be, without setting off suspicion, when it detects that it is being put through an EPA emissions test. Dyno and real world.

Also, reminder, we already have the tech to have carbon neutral fuels, hydrogen powered vehicles, and other technologies that allow us to keep using internal combustion engines in a more environmentally friendly manner. Oil companies and affiliates don't want it to be used widespread, it would tank the price of oil (for the most part not completely) and change the commodities trade indefinitely.

see:
>Audi fuel research on synth fuels
>Mazda hydrogen rotary experiment
>GM hydrogen military tests/contract
>algae sourced fuel
>and more

how come other manufacturers haven't been caught cheating emissions with hardware/software then?

Because of deals and settlements. When Dieselgate first became news, Ford, GM, Toyota, and other manufacturers were under strong suspicion as well. All of that ended up becoming very quiet. All the automotive media outlets just stopped talking about them. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but VAG probably took the L on purpose to bring attention away from other arms of their company and their fellow competitors.

Dieselgate, in terms of prosecution really doesn't make sense. I just think the EPA and EU don't want to admit how wrong they are. If you look at their requirements for testing, it looks like it was designed by a bureaucrat and not anyone with any actual experience with motor vehicles.

>following the rules is not required if you're the top selling group

I didn't say that. If the rules are inherently flawed, don't expect reasonably minded people doing their best to stay within the guidelines to follow them to the T so they can produce a supposedly quality product.

>emissions controls

only the gubbermint cares

>tax evasion
>unfair competition
>customer scammed
>steal government eco cars incentives money

You should too, brainlet

this, VAG should just fucking die already desu

DELET

Explain why you fags keep trusting the Bongs.

>muh bong data
>I don't give a damn about a faulty chart
>LOOK AT GERMAN PARTS HAHHAHA
nope

Sounds like others did the same things.
Should we punish all them?

Wew, laddie lad-lad, people here keep saying Alfa Romeo has the meme reliability and charts like these states that 8,2 Alfa Romeo Giulietta out of every 10 are reliable.

where is this even from you fucking retarded because if you go on reliability index it's clearly not the same info

desperate defense mate. they got caught and others didn't, meaning one thing, VAG is really scummy and others arent... as scummy

HUEHEUEHUEHEUHEUEHUEHEUHEUHE

krautcucks BTFO

see
>In our 2017 Reliability Survey, we asked more than 14,200 people to tell us about any faults their cars have suffered during the past year. These are the results for family cars aged 0-3yrs
>14,200
Quite large sample size
And, it is Bong data.
Do you notice there are many faulty charts from Bongs?

>wanting euro cuck cars
Not even europeans want that shit.

>survey

nah m8 I'm posting warranty data

So far, the cheaters probably haven't done the method of:

If GPS.Location == (EPA+Test+track .OR. EU+Test-track) then {Cheat} else {normal}

Tbh the new A segment cuckboxes in europe tend to have a 14 second 0-100 kph. The supercharger kits for them even advertise with shit like "it'll be twice as fast!". An aygo blower will make it go from 14 seconds down to 7 which is relatively nice

i'm not trying to defend VAG, but it's fucking bullshit.

first
what does "illegally modified" software mean? it's not like vag can provide ota updates.
besides, "methods" to detect nedc "test conditions" might have been (and probable were) an integral part of software

we have never seen raw data, environmental and driving conditions, under original EA189 engines were tested. neither we have seen exact route which was taken during test drive

we don't know if "up to 40 times emission level" refers to averaged or instantaneous values.

why people shed crocodile tears and pretend they bought it because they care for environment,
only, after they've heard they can win several thousand bucks after joining class action ?

why only european manufacturers were ever "tested"?

why several months ago functionality in vag car's transmissions that could slightly reduce fuel consumption in specific conditions, was classified as another "cheating/defeat device" ?

i feel for you krautbro

I know right...
VW did not deserve the monetary punishment of this magnitude.
As the article states, what is 40 times of 0.00001??? Apparently indiscernible. The NOX increase was in no way justified 14 billion of monetary punishment.
This is a sign of corruption in (((EPA)))!
motortrend.com/news/dieselgate-investigator-speaks-out-on-volkswagen-emissions/

Trusting JD Power & Pay Me Associates
>Chevy that high up
>Chevvy using this chart and their fake awards to literally try to sell cars

S C A M