First new car experience thread

Hey guys I usually don't come to this board.

Had some good luck strike me. Trading 06 civic to get pic related.

Very ecstatic what was your first new car experience like?

>buying a new car
>especially this rotten turd
Kek enjoy your overheating turbo mess mark my words it will age like milk

I got a 2017 civic sedan 1.5. pretty nice. compared to used audi a5 1.8 of similar price the civic is better in every way except maybe missing some toys but even so I barely use anything besides ass warmers and bluetooth

Feeling really proud about my purchase too, got it a good chunk off MSRP. dealer is a cunt though and mishandled car in multiple ways but at least it's still not a used audi at the end of the day

>anyone who thinks buying used cars
>worth of opinion

civic was best value of 2017. it's basically an entry tier premium car for ecobox moeny and soooooooo much better than your 10 year old 320d

everyone reports problems with them

EVERYONE

plus it looks like literal aids

this will age as bad as the average 1990-00s street cars
>320d
fuck off eurofag im aussie

OP here I know I sound like a huge pleb since I'm new to this board. But this will also be my first manual car.

Was going to get a 2014 used BRZ but where I live we have bad winter weather. Saw a brand new brz in the snow stuck yesterday on my morning commute. My civic made it fine and I realized maybe manual rwd won't be best right now.

Anyone have any recommendations for a new Honda? I like the hatch sport but I'm battling that between a civic coup ex t trim.

I loved when the vtec would kick in my old civic but turbo seems exciting albeit not top notch but definitely something.

>honda
>problems

ah I see you are aussie. fuck off shitposter

btw the sedan looks marvelous and everyone comments on mine and are stunned to hear how cheap it was

Pretty sweet bro!

get a Si sedan if you can afford to churn out for the sweet body kit or a 1.5 sedan if not. hatch is too loud imho

yeah ok ford fanboy enjoy your fucked block deck design

fuck off aussie

I was reading about how the hatch sport and the si feel almost identical. When you say loud do you mean the exhaust or just the ride in general?

I don't mind noise a little oomph would be nice. Not sure if I can afford the insurance on an SI unfortunately.

Enjoy your dealer loaner every month.
NuHonda is the worst jap company now

I'm buying a Subaru WRX Premium soon hopefully. Trying to get $29000 out the door with an ambassador coupon.

the exhaust, it's mostly obnoxious for rear passengers. car in general is extremely quiet at highway speeds

shouldn't be much difference in handling between the sedan and hatch. but idk if non Si sedan gets the 1.5 in USA. also the low rev rumble on the sedan exhaust sounds great
mad shitposter? my car is better than car twice it's price
>loan
>eastern europe
try again retard we don't trust banks here.

What year? My buddy did that with a 2016 wrx not an sti about a year ago

I've ridden in it and all its a great car so I hope you enjoy it

Ahh I see

Yes in the US there's the civic sedan and coupe ex t the t is for that turbo.

The only diff between that and the hatch is the hatch has a bit more torque and HP I think

If you get passed the Nu-male meme the fit is pretty decent.

they're both rated at 182hp here but engines are pretty underrated so it's more like 190-200@wheels

anyway enjoy the new car smell bro, and don't fall for the ''you can get X for the money'' shitposting

The fit idk if it's fast enough for me. Kind of vaguely reminds me of the egs and eks back in the day.

fuck off busrider i bet u dont even own a civic type r your basic bitch honda doesnt count

That’s kind of why I like mine so much. My daily driver when I was 16 was a 1998 Civic EX and it has a really similar feel to that car. But if you think it’s too slow for you, it more than likely is because it’s not fast by any means even with the manual gearbox

I'm buying a 2016-2017 Subaru WRX STI (used) soon

first financed car, will be dropping between 10-20k as a cash down and finance for 24 months or 36

I don't know how to negotiate, what's a good interest fee and all..

If it is a dealer it is always a good idea to see what interest rate your bank will offer you for the loan then with that knowledge see the option the dealer financing has and choose the better one. The dealer will always want you to do theirs.

I'm in the market for this car too (specifically the premium for moonroof). I think I want to wait to see if 2019 has Apple Carplay though.

bought a new fiesta st. love it. if i have any advice for buying a car, it's to take your time. they purposely make you wait all day for the good prices because they wanna wear you out. on the flip side, if you can waste their entire day and walk out, that's when the real deals start coming

I got 2k off my civic and got brand new winter tyres for free by doing this

took a fucking month though lol

Picked up a 2017 kia forte s for the wifey
>has gadgets n shit
>android auto is pretty bomb
>handling is soft but a lot better than i was expecting
Holy shit is it slow though. Im used to 420hp and driving that feels like a pedal bike.

Cost?

Should've bought a Mazda3 enjoy you're btfo turbo in 3 years. Hondas going down the drain only low t pucci bois buy these ugly pieces of shit.

I love my 8th gen Si.

Have they fucked up the quality of Honda in recent years?

Very nice OP
I regret not getting the sport but I'm still happy with it