User, I need YOUR help. I want YOU to help me design a car...

user, I need YOUR help. I want YOU to help me design a car. A car for all Veeky Forumstists out there and I want to pay YOU 2,000,000 dollars a year for designing that car.

An/o/n meet my team of engineers, they are going to build YOUR car. Now get on it tell them what they need to do.

Ok, let's start out by writing a detailed product specification and project plan that covers the main scope items and ISO 9001 compliance requirements.

What happened to the Kuroba threads
I sketched this for it. I really should redraw it with proper proportions and oersp

something that combines the formal styling of a traditional American luxury car with the atletism and frugality of a sporting import

LS miata

FR V8 roadboat with a wheelbase of not less than 121 inches and an overall length of not less than 215 inches.

i already drew the perfect car

Electric muscle car!

I want an exact visual copy of the fc rx7, but with a body made of aluminum and a Wankel that can get at least 30 mpg

Well it will take 10 years to design that car. In the research process you will need to send me around the world to test drive every high end car ever made.

make sure it has a v8

3k civic with weeb stickers and spend the rest on a tropical beach house and hookers

Self-driving hut tub that leans to compensate for acceleration in any direction. Auto-dispenses opened beer bottles from a cooler directly into empty cup holders. Seat belts too of course, we need to pass inspection... additional life-sized sex doll package. When parked, automatic folding ladder with plushed steps extends. Detects that you've exited the vehicle and immediately deploys a cover which doubles as a heat foil and solar power generator. Methane accumulator to turn hot tub braps into reserve fuel.

A mid engined wedge car with pop-up headlights and a wing that makes sneks look like a lip. It will be powered by a high displacement (4L), twin turbo quad rotor engine, sourced from Mistral airplanes and mated to a 6 speed manual; dct versions will be made for the masses. The rotary engine will also have a pushrod camshaft, making it the world's first rotary engine with a valvetrain. It will also come with dashboard buttons that allow you to make your car wink.

Must have truck utility
But also have car styling

The car design should take from the curves of 90s sports cars. 2 doors, 2 seats. Coupe.

Suspension setup should be as much of a rip off of RX-7/8 as possible without getting Mazda angry. There should be a great deal of time invested into tuning the handling to be top on the market. No electronically variable setup, this is all to be done the not cheating way.

Multiple interior trims should be offered, with everything from a bare basics race interior to full leather and power seats. No tablets. No nannies. Manual only because who cares about mass market sales.

The engine will be a 2 rotor, that'll be a tricky one to get rights to. The design should be all aluminum housings, both side and rotor, for the purpose of better heat dispersion. It should also be equipped with a huge radiator. Rotors should be lightweight titanium for high rpm use. Porting style will be Renesis side exhaust for keeping the tree huggers from shutting it down. Max redline should be as high as it can be made to go, and it should also have variable intake geometry in order to preserve what little low end torque, drivability, and fuel economy there is.

In order to solve the oil consumption and emissions, ceramic on ceramic apex/side seals and rotor/side housing coatings should be perfected. As a side effect of this, the longevity and reliability will now be of such an extreme degree that all other forms of engine will be made obsolete. We will also shamelessly steal Mazda's idea of laser ignition as much as patents will allow. Horsepower goals should be around 300 at the crank. A centrifugally supercharged version should make in excess of 400.

Ideally the price should be kept within the limits of a sports car and not intrude into supercar territory, despite handling being required to exceed that of supercars by a large margin. If not possible, pull more unneeded crap out of the lightweight track model to make it cheaper. Both engines will be an option with any trim level.

So... Baja?

>I know I'm getting way too into this

A super light performance model should be offered at a later date, which makes significantly more power, (500ish crank) has a stiffer suspension, comes with wide, semi-slick tires from the factory, and has a fully stripped interior. It should have essentially the bare minimum to be a road legal car, and may also have a price point well above the ordinary models. It should not exceed 2500 pounds.

All models should be kept under 3000 pounds, and the engine should be mounted behind the front axle as low as possible.

So pretty much a better all around RX8 without the suicide doors and the back seats?

Also, were you to want to make it rev as high as possible, then you would have to find a way to make the transmission and clutch strong enough to take it. The RX8 can rev much higher then the 9.6k redline that it has, but the clutch and transmission cannot withstand the sheer amount of force being applied to it.

Must be 180" length by 68" width, with 108" wheelbase.
50/50 weight distribution.
Handling input from Lotus; transmission from Mazda.
Hatchback with 5 doors.
0.32Cd or better.

>A car for all Veeky Forumstists out there

It already exists

Pretty much. Like, I love the practicality, but a true rotary performance car is what the automotive world really needs.

Yeah, the clutch and trans are definitely the weak point and would have to be build to handle revs. The reason I don't plan on building mine irl for higher revs is because I don't feel like shrapnel through the trans tunnel, and making things capable of spinning faster gets expensive.

A mx5 but the engine rotates a fleshlight on your cock/vag to the speed of the wheels.