Looking for an affordable 4 cylinder with a lot of horsepower

I'm getting my first car and can only really afford a 4 cylinder, not sure if I want to lease or buy used and build it up some more. So far I'm thinking about a Honda Civic, Subaru Legacy, Toyota Camry SE or a Ford Fusion SE. Any other suggestions?

Almost everything in this market segment is 4-cylinder these days. If you can be a little more specific with your budget that would be helpful. For most cars in the United States that starts around 14-16k USD for a base Fiesta S and I think production 4 bangers top out around 50 or 60k.

>Are you looking for a Hot-Hatch with a manual gear box like a Type-R or Focus ST/RS?
>Sub-compact like a Fit/Fiesta?
>Prefer a sedan?
>Prefer an automatic transmission?
>Do you need to haul stuff or other people?
>Have you considered a Miata?

Automatic, sedan, don't need to haul stuff or people. And I'll look into the Miata too.

how much is "alot?"

a Sonata or Optima turbo will get you 245hp, 260 ft-lb's, which is a good step above the 4 cylinder camry making only 203hp, 184 ft-lb

But how much is that gonna run for?

Used wrx or mustang

Does the WRX run cheap?

Sure, if 35 grand is cheap to you.

If you're looking for an actual bargain than a Hyundai Elantra Sport can be had for 15k new.

>p-pls buy a Hyundai

Or a Kia.

>a-at least my bus pass isn't korean

You going to accuse everyone of being a busrider that disagrees with you? OP is better off getting a new civic hatch with a turbo

35 gs for a used?!?

He's talking about the STI, used WRX can be had under 22k or akot less depending on year

No, there are just 10 Korean wons deposited every time he posts a comment or 40 when he opens a thread.

As opposed to you calling everyone who disagrees with you a shill?

A Civic hatch with a turbo is probably $5-8k more expensive.

I'm just having a chuckle that two guys insist OP gets a Hyundai even if it means telling him a WRX starts at 35k

I was wrong about the price, because from the meme-ing of Veeky Forums one would think the le gigantic wing version of the WRX is the only one worth a damn.

It's the less reliable one, WRX has a better engine for daily driving.
>falling for Veeky Forums memes
Lmao so hard

2 0 0 8 - 2 0 1 1 S A A B 9 - 3 A E R O 2 . 0 T X W D
6 speed
250hp/tq with reflash
Comfy
Modern
Timeless lines
Clam shell hood
One of the only good premium Bose systems I've heard
Best gimmick cup holder of all time
Reliable as fuck
Cheap parts and parts crossover with GM
I bought a new head for $140 with valves and did a full head swap for $275
And it's all wheel drive
A nice one will run $8-10k

get the civic, is really gud for the money and in usa you can get a tune for 230+ hp and apparently the dealership can't tell because it's some usb trickery (unironically)

No.

At least in my area: used examples with less than 100k on the clock are only $2-3k cheaper than brand new. Also with the reputation the car has for shitty owners you might do well to avoid the used ones unless you really trust the guy you're buying from.

buying a used wrx/sti/evo is just a mistake no matter how you put it. normal people trash their cars hard making used car purchase a gamble, but wrx/sti/evo trash their cars to the next level

it doesn't matter how much you trust the fucker buying it off anyone who buys those cars buys them to trash them the fuck out, they literally have no purpose in this world but to be trashed while you're having fun

Mazdaspeed 3?

2 Words
>Focus
>ST

Can the CVT transmission even handle that?

I mean, I bought a new wrx and I tend to baby it but yeah in general: cheap, and fast means it's gonna be abused.