Anyone here ever own a subaru outback or a manual wagon in general...

Anyone here ever own a subaru outback or a manual wagon in general? I'm seriously considering picking up a good subaru outback for my next car, and it would be my first manual. What are the pros and cons of driving a wagon? Reason I'm thinking about it is that it doesn't give off the racer boy vibe that a lot of coupes have, seems fairly unlikely to be fucked/modded, practical space wise, and I won't look like a manchild in it. But what would be the cons? I know the outback is AWD which would be helpful for me during the winter. Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pros and cons of drving a wagon
pros:
>more room
cons
>you are driving a wagon
>extra 20 kg

>you are driving a wagon
What does that mean? It's like I said I've never driven one what's wrong with it? Can't be any wise than driving an old pigfat suv

Well, the dynamics of the vehicle are pretty much the same, there might be some rigidity loss from moving the pillar back, but it's negligible. It's just looks like you are transporting potatoes as a pass time activity.

I use to think they looked stupid af too, but lately the outback has grown on me. I was considering a sedan too but there isn't really anything out there I'd want to own. Maybe the legacy or a lexus is250 but that's pretty much it.

The manual subaru legacies/outbacks are very good cars all the model years. The flat 4 engines are easy to work on, oil changes are a breeze sparkplugs and even valve covers are easy to do

Are you talking strictly about the wagon or does that apply to the legacy sedan too?

Wagons have no downsides.

I was talking mainly in terms of manual trans and the driving experience, but whats your take on driving a wagon?

women will refuse to fuck you

They're less aero than saloons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback

not true, women dont even think about it. i got plenty of puss when i had the shagon wagon

There's not really a noticable difference between driving a wagon versus a sedan of the same car on a day-to-day basis. You might notice a difference in handling if you're going balls out on a track.
In the US they used to be seen as Mom cars, but these days they're mostly associated with yuppie outdoors types. If you see someone getting out of an Outback or a Passat there's an 80% chance they're wearing hiking shoes and a Patagonia fleece.

>You're worried about what you'll look like
>Wants a wagon

you repeating it in every thread will not make it true, wizzard

Wagons
>Pros
Comfy
Cargo space if you do anything beside get groceries
Cons
>If your not using the cargo space get anoter car
>Looks ugly and don't lie to yourself and think these things are beautiful
>All around decent cars but doesn't specialize in anything

>needing a car to pick up bitches
>being rejected for the car you drive
Literal virgin spotted. As long as your car is reasonably clean inside and out it doesn't matter what it is, most women I know can hardly tell a Subaru from a Ford without looking for badges. I mean obviously most women won't jump into a creepy looking windowless van but basically other than that it doesn't matter what you drive.

>Anyone here ever own a subaru outback or a manual wagon in general?
Been driving an 07' Legacy Wagon for 5 years, base model with 5mt of course. It's decent but it's by far the slowest car I've ever had, I literally get outgunned by everything from a Prius to Chrysler minivan. Handling is decent with good tires and maintenance. It's easy to work on, I just did the clutch without a lift or special tools. Throttle is really shitty and laggy, easily the worst drive-by-wire implementation ever. It lags hard on initial tip in and rev-hangs excessively during high rpm shifts. No matter how good you are at manual that throttle will (at times) make you look like a noob. The older Subaru's that have cable throttles don't suffer so badly though, and supposedly the pre 07' DBW can easily be tuned at home to be much less shitty. For best results I would look for a Legacy GT or Outback XT, those have all the same aftermarket and tune-ability of WRX/STi without the boy-racer stigma and insurance rates.

>I know the outback is AWD which would be helpful for me during the winter.
Snow tires will go so much further than AWD. I had reputable all season tires on for a while with my Legacy and although it never got stuck stopping and turning just wasn't that great especially after the tires lost a few 1/32's of tread depth. I now just run snows on an extra set of wheels, a Subaru on snow tires is pretty much unstoppable in winter conditions (except when you actually need to stop, which it will do with no drama because you bought good winter tires for it)

My husband drives a 2003 WRX Wagon. Practical and tons of room with the rear seats folded forwards. Fast enough not to bore him, but he gets annoyed by how difficult it is to get the rear to slide out.

Also rather stealth because it's unmodified besides wheels and exhaust, so can have some fun with it.

>Cons and Pros
people think i'm a fuckboy ricer and at the same time no one knows what I'm driving unless they're a car autist too

This thread is lacking Volvo wagons

Is the outback really that slow? Honesty I don't care about having a "fast" car but lauching onto a highway is fairly important to me. My car is so fucking slow getting upto 55-60mph it annoys the shit out of me.

The Outbacks are heavier than standard a Legacy and geared & tuned lower. 0-60 is about 9-10 seconds.

Welp fuck that then, I guess I'll look into the legacy sedan instead. I cannot deal with another slow as balls car

My meme machine but it's a very good car. I like ej25s and the car is very 90s cozy and the interior is built extremely well. Just watch the head gasket and replace it every 100k and you're golden my dude

10/10

and make sure you get a 1st gen pre 99 for maximum cozy
PS
wrx and legacy suspension bolts right up. these cars are pretty nodular

2005 outback
>slow and gutless
>any honda has better mpg
>always starts
>very reliable
>awd and decent ride height
>boxers sound good
>no bezzle on windows
>lots of room
maybe the turbo or 3.0 is better but 2.4 is very disappointing
also the console has a built in look making stereo swapping hard and theres no kit for it if you have dual climate
stock/oem 6cd switcher jams if you put in 6 cds and its luck when it starts working again (about 3 days for me)

also
euro and aussie has ee20 diesel options
USA and aussie have some decent lift kits
everywhere else you can get fucked on shipping

Hey!
We've had a legacy with automatic past 345k km, in case you wondered whether it affects reliability.

I have a legacy wagon, same thing just 4" shorter. Pretty comfy.