I want to buy a 2nd series dodge viper but I've never driven a manual transmission vehicle

I want to buy a 2nd series dodge viper but I've never driven a manual transmission vehicle.

Should I go ahead and buy one anyways and learn on it?

>Pic Related

How much can you get a used viper for now? It used to be my favorite car ever as a kid and I swore I'd get one eventually

You should probably just buy a cheap hatch and learn Manual in that first then come back to what you want later and not fuck the car (and likely yourself) up.

$10k for a really shitty one.

Yeah, it might suck for a day or two but you will figure it out. Buy an auto and you will regret it the entire time

It's got so many torks you probably won't stall out when you're starting from a dead stop, which is a heck of a confidence booster.

Good ones go for anywhere from 40-70k give or take

>OP isn't at all LARPing

fuck off faggot. you're underage and cant afford one. If you could you sure as hell wouldn't be posting on /on/

Yeah. I did the same but with a Corvette Z06. Manuals are easy to learn and a lot of fun.

Im finishing up school and already have a job lined up.. its been my favorite car since I was a kid. Its going to be my way of treating myself.

>50k or less
>expensive
Ew poorfag pls go.

Hope you'll be making at least 100k starting because you won't be able to even finance a 50k dollar car for a few years

Wrong, you can finance one even with a 40k salary.

Sure for 12% interest and half of your take home pay for the month or more

You CAN do a lot of things. Since OP has no credit and not even a pay statement he may able to finance one at 17% interest if his mom cosigns, just park it somewhere where the tow truck won't damage it when they repo it.

OP has to start somewhere, unless he can have someone cosign he's gonna pay a huge hit on loans

>Im finishing up school and already have a job lined up

bahhaahahahahah

>thinking you're going to be making a lot
>thinking about buying a depreciating asset

$50k isn't a lot in the long term. but its a lot for a depreciating asset. Would be better off putting down $50k for a house or something that will actually make you money in the long term

If his parents have good credit he could probably finance it for a decent rate. I used to have mediocre credit and could only get a decent rate for up to 20k by myself. If my dad cosigned I could have had a good rate for 40k
>thinking you're going to be making a lot
Why wouldn't he? Depends on the field but I made 65k starting my first job out of college. Of course after taxes and stuff I only actually got to take home 45k over the year.

Vipers don't even depreciate much

>something that will actually make you money in the long term
>implying the cost of Vipers won't skyrocket, even for the cheaper less-maintained ones for the same reason classic muscle cars did
shiggy

Where are you going to buy a house for 50k? And do you actually think you're going to make money on a house? Lol
Unless you're literally investing in stocks then you should just use your money for whatever the fuck you want. Stop worrying about something losing value in 10 years after its been driven for 100k miles

$45k isn't much.

the one you're going to buy will depreciate, not appreciate

>implying the cost of Vipers won't skyrocket, even for the cheaper less-maintained ones for the same reason classic muscle cars did

no they actually won't. It's not a McLaren F1.

>Where are you going to buy a house for 50k?

you can't be this retarded. i said put down $50k for a house. not buy a house for $50k

I'm not OP but those second gen vipers hold value well. If he keeps it clean and miles low he's all good. If it'll be his only car it's a dumb idea

>If it'll be his only car it's a dumb idea
Only if he lives in a place where it snows. I daily a Corvette and it's perfectly fine.

>If it'll be his only car it's a dumb idea

>be Op
>Just fresh out of college
>making $50k
>spend money on an expensive ass sports car

i mean if he's cool with staying with his parents (more power to him) but owns a cool as car and is totally ok with that than great. But really its kinda a silly "investment".

i own a 94 viper.

for the most part, it's one of the easiest manual cars to drive and learn on because it has so much tq. you have no need to balance the gas pedal and slipping the clutch. you don't need to use the gas pedal at all. WAY easier to operate than a tiny 4cyl manual.

with that said, driving slowly is the most difficult car ive operated. trying to drive 25mph in 2nd gear requires about 2% throttle, and thats very difficult. if you don't roll into it just so right it the car will buck and you resort to pushing in the clutch and starting over.

and then theres the overall city driving experience. not sure what gen 2 has for traction control/etc, but on the gen1 you are on your own. give it a blip of throttle around a turn and the rear end kicks right out. the car will embarrass you very fucking easily if you dont know what youre doing. and unless you have full coverage, you are crying if you wreck it. im amazed any company is willing to full cover it to be honest. it doesn't take much to total them.

I already have a camry for my daily, Im in FL so the weather should be fine.

>corvette
>viper
>being anything similar lol.

Corvette while are still sports cars, Vipers a totally different monster

A corvette is lighter and makes more HP and TQ. I really wish people would lay off the sketchy snek bullshit memes. Drive it like a normal person and you'll be fine. Showing off with no driving skills will end badly in any high powered car.

My Vette has 650 hp, a much higher top speed, and better acceleration.

Depends on the version.

You can get a 1st generation Viper for 15-25k. 2nd generation is closer 20k-35k. 3rd generation is around 40-50k, 4th generation is sitting around 50k-ish and the last gen is near MSRP.

These all depend on the trim levels.