/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Baller-Rainmaker combo is a forced meme.

Previous thread: - Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Mayo won the Splatfest in all regions!
- Sploosh-o-Matic (Curling Bomb, Splashdown ) is back: twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/893391908172480512

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13671876
youtube.com/watch?v=QuNhTLVgV2Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

strawpoll.me/13671876
So how long have you been playing Splatoon 2 for according to your Play Activity, /ink/?

squids are cute

Threadly reminder that Marie and Pearl are siblings

what the hell is that

Luna Blaster 2.0

I really feel like Marie winning the Splatfest was the best.

Does anyone have a picture of the gear set the splatoon 2 girl gives you

I'm kinda thinking either they were going to replace the luna with this and chickened out, or they made the luna like this and then decided it should be its own weapon.

Either way, it's garbage. They should have given it an even higher walk speed to at least make it a decent chase weapon.

Do you miss seeing how many times you and your teammates were splatted or are you happy no one knows how many times you beefed it?

I need more Poptepipic squids

Is the Jet Squelcher a crutch

Crayons, obviously.

i can see her panty

for the best*

There was also an "Arrested for woomy crimes" that I forgot to save

why do all the hosts have weird eyes

Thanks user

The ultimate weapon; the last gun you unlock

That's actually on her model

they're fish, user

It shows that being an idol is something you're born into in inkling society.

They're idols, so they probably have special contacts

They're cephalopods.

I just realized there are fucking crayons on it.

>tfw she'd rather talk to him than you

Not enough. Been busy this week and then I have Otakon this weekend.

get cucked

>Worked really hard on miiverse post even though I'm a shit artist
>Really nervous no one will ever see it in their square because I'm not twitter famous

Does anyone know how it works? It seems like I almost exclusively see popular ones.

When will squid Elliot Rodger show up with an automatic Splattershot?

There's gotta be a reason for it to be the last weapon to unlock. Perhaps players haven't unleashed its true potential?

I'm pretty sure those are paint canisters, it looks like a paint mixer

so do squids/octos die when they get hit with ink or what

Covert operations woomy agents carrying out summary executions

>teammate intentionally throwing the match
>I still manage to carry the team to victory
eat shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

If someone is looking for a woomy to draw.

it's lewd

>Kirby in Marie's Ika ring hat
Cute

You think she kept the outfit as a casual getup for when she's off-camera? I could easily imagine her doing that, probably with a replica of the shades which had the mind control removed.

Yeah, but they have a machine that can make a new one of them.
They got the idea from Judd

Perfect

Does anyone know if rerolling stacks with the drink tickets?

it does

>replica of the shades which had the mind control removed.
If there was a replica of the shades, then she wouldn't keep going back and getting hypnotized by those same shades over and over.

Was the Bamboozler actually good in Splat1 or was it just a meme?

>assuming that the rematch was canon
Read the dialog again and tell me that it's anything other than fourth wall breakage and a paper-thin excuse to recycle models.

Don't reroll, user. You'll regret it.

Are you serious?!
So if I apply an ink recovery drink ticket and reroll tentatek gear it raises the change to get the stat even more? Would'nt that make it broken since you dont even need to participate in battles to level up the gear

those are crayons and this is a babby game

Reminder that Squelchers are most likely cucks

Farming for chunks is bullshit. Needing 60 chunks for 1 piece of gear is horrendous. I honestly think it'll be easier to just scrub gear and use a drink ticket that'll aid that brand and just have 3 items of the same brand on

She would not dress so inappropriately.

just use a drink til you get 2 subs dummy

It was great
But it probably wouldn't be as good in 2 because no damage up
In 1 you could get 99.9 damage, which means an ohko if they even so much as step in your ink

Wait, the brands affect chunks??

user, just use a drink with an empty gear and try to roll for 2 subs, then you'll only need 30. Or stack them vertically, then you'll only ever need 30 of a kind.

Don't go for needing to slot in 3 of the same skill on something. Just keep using and scrubbing it until you get 2 of what you want and only need 30 chunks for the last piece.

Don't focus on triples so early in the game. You're going to have a couple of years to build up a collection. And if you aren't going to be playing this game for a couple of years, you shouldn't worry about getting good gear.

yes

HEY GABO?!? Did you ever get your TV fixed?

We were squid squadding once and your tv broke, and you had to stop. GABO....fuck was that your name. This was like 2 years ago so might not even be alive.

t. trying to get the advantage by making other players lax about their gear

>Go to sheldon's machine in singleplayer to trade power eggs for ticket
>Press the wrong button and accidentally reset all weapon upgrades

is there a way to reverse the deed I have done?

grinding to 30 is still a hassle. I grinded my Splatfest shirt and everything but ink resistance and Cold-Blooded is still in the low single digits

youtube.com/watch?v=QuNhTLVgV2Y

On the off chance there's an artfag lurking need a version of this with one of the new face masks

>nearly deranked to A- SZ again
thank god I secured my rank before I got the fourth crack, Splat Zones is Hell

>I grinded my Splatfest shirt
Grind clothing with a brand of the ability you want 5X as common instead to get more of them quicker. Also, play Salmon Run. It's your friend.

How the fuck is it a hassle? I don't understand this when people complain about grinding in Splatoon (unless they're bitching about Salmon Run I guess).

Like, this isn't Monster Hunter. You don't have to go fight the Run Speed boss 80x to get the chunks. You get the shit you need by playing the fucking game. What are you going to do when you get your gear? Wander around the hub? I assume you're going to go -play the fucking game-, the exact same shit you're already doing. Grinding here isn't some kind of chore, it's more like a side effect of what you want to do in the fucking first place.

This complaint baffles me.

>Cold blooded

God dammit, Annaki gear is fresh af

Reminder not to pair drinks with a brand that has the same preference. They cancel each other out and don't give you that ability at all.

>They cancel each other out and don't give you that ability at all.
Source?

wut that makes no sense

Anecdotal evidence. Tried levelling a bunch of Tentatek gear today with Ink Recovery tickets and ended up not getting any Ink Recovery at all.

This sounds like bullshit.

>tfw just legitimately liked the gas mask and thought it looked nice with my outfit
>tfw everyone fucking hated and memed on the mask constantly
>tfw it didn't even return in the sequel

whoa what? that's really counterintuitive, source?

What do you guys think is the best sub weapon, in a vacuum? Like assume you have to pick one and you have no idea what the weapon, special, mode or map will be.

I'd say burst bombs. They're fast, can be long ranged to compensate for certain weapons, ink turf well, check for squids hiding in the ink. more or less freeze targets in place and can block off a retreat, etc. etc. And they leave you with plenty of ink if you're just using them to establish your position or check for enemies.

The other bombs may kill but I feel like these are the most versatile.

>rng
>anecdotal evidence

Agree. Condom bombs are the best

I was getting plenty of Ink Recovery on anything that wasn't Tentatek.

Tied between burst bombs and splat bombs for me. Most of the other stuff is situational or works best with a specific weapon (can anything be better for Autobombs than Octobrush?)

The drinks are already made by the brand

Splat Bombs. They're the easiest to kill with.
The best non-bomb sub is Toxic Mist though

huh, might be worth more research

It's coming in an update. You could see its silhouette in the direct.

Need to fill 3 sub slots on a gear, should I go for 1 ink saver sub or bomb defense?

ppl are sleeping on point sensor imo

>inks like shit
>has no range
>walks slowly, can't keep swimming momentum
>has little splatting power compared to most things at that range
>can't even abuse blast much because it's tiny and splats really slowly
Seriously, it's L3 but shit. L3 is more forgiving even, you rarely need more than two bursts.

ink saver sub for splat or burst bombs, bomb defense otherwise