>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>Current oook competition
Druadan Ranger in FAangband
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>News
Postchengband v7.0.0 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500
InfraArcana v19 has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bLLZbYGidLk?t=17s
youtu.be/SNIXSbpaENY
youtu.be/1PKwYrMLFKg
youtu.be/W6pEIgsI7JE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gOQxHX83E
nikheizen.github.io/pages/mon-spells.html
nikheizen.github.io/pages/mon-melee.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Dungeon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for tangledeep

more like tangleshallow

What do you guys think about a text based roguelike, kinda like a single player, turn-based procgen mud? Would that even be a roguelike?

So how about them roguelikes huh.

>not playing odyssey of the summoner the ONLY ster approved tome addon and the addon that turns tome into a real roguelike with real consumables.

Tiles are objectively superior to ascii.

minotaur berserker

>playing tome

>cast a spell
>does less damage than just shooting a bow, extremely limited mana
>chance of spell failure
>chance of resist even on a rat
>if you succeed backlash damages you too because why the fuck not
>oh and here's some extra hunger penalty for no reason
Is DCSS just a big fuck you to casters?

It's a big fuck you to necromancers

>LOL HERE'S A BUNCH OF UNDEADS YOUR SPELLS DO NOTHING TO THEM EVEN THROUGH YOU'RE A NECROMANCER
Noticed.

Your starting book has Control Undead and Kiku gives you Dispel Undead. You can easily deal with undead.
It's demons that you need to worry about.

Met some on the second floor, couldn't use the spell yet.
Barely survived killing them with a cursed dagger one by one and using some potions I found earlier.

kill me

sure mex

They're just making spellcasting overly complicated so they can accuse it of being bloat and remove it later.

I guess they just want everyone to play minotaur berserkers.

why are entropy weavers allowed in the lair

y’all know that homestar runner cartoon “fish eye lens?”

well im pretty sure the video game version of a fish eye lens is the roguelike genre

because when your game is a roguelike, you don’t need to know how to balance, design levels or enemy encounters, or do anything well!

you just randomly generate a level and call the game “tough”

>it's an irresistible effect/damage episode

for when you absolutely, positively, indubitably refuse to think about what you're implementing

i'm sure your leddit spacing just happens to be a coincidence and nothing to do with your retarded comment
here's your (you) now fuck off back there

Why would you go through the trouble of going to Veeky Forums, going to Veeky Forums, finding the roguelike general, typing this out, solving the captcha and posting this all for a genre you don't like? Everyone here likes roguelikes, it's the roguelike general. You came to a place you knew you wouldn't like for the sole purpose of making yourself unhappy. That's not a healthy way to live user.

>play SFIV for nearly a decade
>SFV comes out
>SFIV dies
>freed from the utter bullshit of frame buffering, matchmaking with Ecuadorians, vortex characters
>fire up some IA
>get vortexed on floor 5
triggered

Is the new poschengband version as no fun allowed as it looks?

How would a Fighting game/Roguelike even work? I know it couldn't be a pure roguelike since you simply can't just combine both games, but you can add elements like permadeath and procedural generation to a fighting game.

And also RPG elements of course.

youtu.be/bLLZbYGidLk?t=17s

Tobal (and Tobal 2?) had modes/areas heavily inspired by roguelikes.

Yeah, that quest mode seems really interesting, it would be nice to see something like that in a new fighting game.

sup, /rlg/?
post you're current run!

>you're
>not ur
fucking degenerate. At least choose something other than Lucky personality

I know I promised a uberdemigod, but I-m so out of touch with new crawl that I might just do 15 runes and call it a day.

I'm currently doing this DrCj of Makhleb

youtu.be/SNIXSbpaENY
youtu.be/1PKwYrMLFKg
youtu.be/W6pEIgsI7JE

finished lair and an ice cave last night. found an electric greatsword and early makh so it seemed like a no-brainer to swap to (mainly) melee

Cute picture
Sounds boring honestly

In higher difficulties of TOME, do enemies scale better? I know they are a bit higher level, but do they get a meaningful amount of more health?
Right now I'm level 35 and most non-elite enemies die from a single arrow shot, not even using talents just autoattack.

>mud
what is a mud

I come from /fgg/ and this post had me fucked up for a second
Sounds bad to me
Like I play roguelikes for singleplayer, fightan for multiplayer
Mixing them doesn't sound goo

the stealth is nice, the 4 blow melee cap is not

Link pls

They get more skills as well as more HP, and the rarity of random spawns increases.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gOQxHX83E

I havent played anything after the dcss tournament..

rip

Non-elites stay irrelevant. Elites become more frequent, have a slightly higher chance of making for an interesting fight, and a much higher chance of wrecking you with bullshit.

you start rolling randbosses on insane+ which are like two rares glued together, non rare mobs are still complete trash though.

I want to play as an unstoppable shambling mass of mutations that slowly annihilates all in its path. Can I eventually become this in Qud? So far the mutations are seeming somewhat limited.

Multi User Dungeon, basically a multiplayer, realtime text adventure/MMO

Beastman Chaos Warrior in poschengband

so HellMOO is a mud then? jesus christ

Shit son; don't tell me the devil's team just removed abyss.

Have you only explored Depths 1?

I've already cleared everything but the hells, tomb, pandemonium and of course, abyss.

I'll go everywhere left to see if they moved the entrance.

You probably just have a split depths floor where one of the closed off sections has the abyss portal, my nigger

Abyss doesnt spawn on every floor of depths, user

TIME DOGS TIME DOGS AWOOO

>You fall through a shaft for 3 floors!

Just...

I thought they removed the ability to shaft into a branch end in trunk

that's not such a bad welcoming party though senpai desu

Goddamn, what the h*ck

Are Bog Tchers supposed to phase through doors? I've seen this happen to me twice already. (Both doors were stuck I think.)

>tfw no Hounds of Tindalos in IA
Fix this, IA dev.

Would be a nice find if it wasnt so bad

Why can't I survive past the Lair as a Transmuter

because you're trying to play melee without any EV or AC

Already reviewed every single ladder in Depths. Nothing.

Maybe I'll just unequip distotion weapons a lot of times.

send me your save file, I'll find it

I'm playing online. Tell me how and I'll gladly provide.

Is solitaire a roguelike? It resets when you lose and is designed for replayability with a heavy focus on randomized content

even Rogue is not a roguelike

no grid, no Tolkien, no @, NOT LIKE ROGUE

Thats unusual.. Did you get the doors in elf maybe or in orc?

Out of all this the only valid point is no grid.

Don't think so, but I might go there and see.

Or just equip and unequip dist.

Just miscaast a high level translocation spell, any lvl 5 and above will just abyss you instantly i believe, not sure about lower levels

Hi, I'm minmay and welcome to Jackass.

When making any addon it's very important to obey ToME4's existing scaling rules. Otherwise you end up with talents that are, for lack of a better word, broken. Even small violations of the scaling rules can result in serious problems (the Blacksmith tree in Embers is a good example). Ever wondered why weapons do huge insane amounts of damage late-game and on randbosses, whereas Mind Sear doesn't? It's mainly because weapon damage from stats (the "Uses stat: 100% str" thing) scales faster than pretty much everything else.

Hachem_Muche has a full guide to it here. My recommendation to any addon developer is to read it, then read it again and again until you understand it, then read it one more time to be sure, and then consult the scaling factors table every time you make or modify a talent.

In most of the natural-combat talents, you have a scaling factor of 1.40 for all effects. Nothing is supposed to scale that fast. Nothing. As a result, late-game Odyssey classes are nigh-invulnerable to weapon damage (because of Nature Hardened) and save-able status effects (because of Elusiveness and Extrasensory), along with having enormous life pools, powers, and melee damage. This will become even more visible if a certain prodigy change makes it into 1.6.

You also have these talents and effects that "absolutely" increase power or reduce saves.
Finally, there's Treasure Hoarder's Will. If we ignore for a moment that you'll vore more, higher-quality items over time, the scaling rate for this is still incredibly fast; it can't even rightly be described as quadratic or exponential because if not for the hard cap of 1 encumbrance, it'd reach infinity shortly after effective talent level 10. And because you will vore more higher-quality items over time, the actual scaling is even more dramatic than that. The result is that you can vore Rod of Sarrilon alone to get like +40 to all stats.

Updated the pcb html spoilers to 7.0.0.
Check out the new monster recall and these cool new spell damage tables: nikheizen.github.io/pages/mon-spells.html
Try to figure out what the fuck monster nastiness rating is: nikheizen.github.io/pages/mon-melee.html

Where can I read more full autism guides like that?
Those are always comfy, even if I barely know what they're talking about.

The new recall looks really nice.

Like a charm.

same. Why is it so fun to laugh at tome autists?

was in 6.0.0 too
although spell damage numbers are in vanillla pcb now rather than only being in the qol-variants

tranny pls go

>laugh
Lolnope
They're fun because someone actually puts thought and math into something as stupid as roguelikes.

It's industrial grade fun.

i thought arelgee was complaining that odyssey's classes were underpowered useless bullshit

Arelgee is Dunning-Kruger mode - good just enough to feel good, not good enough to realize own shortcomings.

When in doubt, trust actual autists.

what a surprise that /rlg/ is shit at roguelikes
but isn't this mod supposed to add consumables to tome or something equally retarded? it couldnt be well designed no matter how hard it tries

Jesus fuck; I wasn't expecting to be pulled all the way down to abyss 5.
But potions of ambrosia really helped me down there, as the chaos hordes didn't even gave me a second to rest.

At least the rune vaults are easy as fuck to recognize there.

What classes does it add?

dunning-kruger describes an inverse proportionality that is in no way applicable to"good just enough to feel good". Ironically you're just another dumb faggot using words and phrases he doesn't understand.

it's an entirely separate campaign with a separate story
the classes are all the different things that the vanilla Summoner class can summon, e.g. hydras, ritches, dragons...

If /rlg/ made a roguelike, what would it be like?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Dungeon
Take your pick.

Shit or very good

Holy fuck your post is so painfully Dunning-Kruger it's pretty much the peak of Mount Stupid.

>a shitposter comes into view

Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7th edition

>you continue pumping

>you hit the ghoul for 14 damage!
>the ghoul dies
>you pick up tofu
>you recite benefits of avoiding animal products in your diet!
>the ghoul becomes butthurt! x5