How do you feel about people who heavily modify econoboxes?

How do you feel about people who heavily modify econoboxes?

start by posting an econobox

t. poorfag who thinks his Focus isn't an econoshitbox.

Couldn't care less desu.

Wouldn't mind an engine swapped Civic as a fun car but I have a motorcycle instead so yeah.

t. thinks his camry/accord/civic is not either

I think it's cool to take a car way past what it was meant to be. A heavily modified econobox can be far more interesting than a stock performance car or what have you, because it can be unique and personalized.
OP pic is really cool except I don't really dig the vents on the hood.

they're retarded. most of the time these shitboxes are financed so any money they spend on mods they should be spending paying down the loan. or they should've just saved the money for mods in advance and bought a nicer car up front.

I drive a primo 92' Vette with a Catback delete, quad exhaust tips, and a four barrel carb direct injection running at 45 PSI. You WISH you could beat me at the reds, let alone keep pace with me, kid.

*blocks your path*

Slick as fuck, would let him let me fuck his gf.

I think it's laughable since you either need to engine swap the car or get custom forged parts because no one really does aftermarket engine parts for it, and that money can be spend to buy a better car. With a better drivetrain layout too.

Looks lame, if an econobox is modified, it HAS to look stock.

Sleeper econoboxes are GOAT

I like setting their alarms off with my straight piped v8.
teach those fart cannons what a real car sounds like.

Straight pipes a shit. Go all the way and get open headers

That is an econobox..

I mean I guess I can appreciate someone who is that dedicated to their Fiesta ST and absolutely winning at that very specific class of autocross but overall I think it's a bad idea.

I mean that dude has probably spent more on mods than the car is worth at this point. At some point you gotta stop yourself and ask whether it's worth pouring even more money into the platform.

I don't really care because its their car, but what does bother me is when they start talking shit about how "fast" it is. And then you come to find out they have done absolutely nothing to the inside of the car so its nothing but looks.

what is that spoiler and why do i see it on so many shitboxes

Do the side mirrors come like that or are those after market mirrors with added aerodynamics?

My car has the same little ridges on top. Though I have turn signals on the front of my mirrors where he has black plastic

lmao spotted the poorfag

base 2018 focus st 25k-26k$
for comparison, chrysler 300 28k$

good on them, it's one of the more enjoyable things to do with a car
>take a regular old shitbox
>make it completely ridiculous
>have fun putting around in the monstrosity you've created

I feel like half the appeal of owning a sporty econobox is that you can modify the shit out of it without "ruining" it because it's not cool or desirable enough to ruin. Stance an RX-7? Fuck you faggot. Stance a Civic Si? Lol who cares

As a side note, that's a Fiesta ST which is a few k cheaper, not that it really matters though.

>no one really does aftermarket engine parts
The fuck? Do you live in North Korea?

still, 200HP at 2500lb, it has higher hp/lb ratio than miata

Better than people who buy V6 muscle cars.

I believe a car can be a platform for expression, and I don't mind what anyone does to their car. As for the performance aspect, sure, you can BUY a fast car and it'll be fast. But I'd imagine it's a lot more fun to BUILD a fast car, even if the end result is that it isn't as cost effective or fast.

Financially irresponsible but I usually don't judge their character unless it has cringe anime stickers on the paint.

I don't care much.
I do care, though, that they fuck with the suspension, get wider wheels but still use mismatched springrates and economy tyres.

Still an econobox

Mine was 22k

>Thinking a Chrysler 300 is not a shitbox.
Why do they even try.

>t. boomer who wishes they had the money for even the most basic of mods, but is too busy paying child support on 3 kids from 2 marriages while saving up for his 3rd wife's son's college tuition.

The absolute state of midlife crisis

Their money, who cares. I have a 16 GTI that I've modded. It's fun squeezing every ounce of HP from these people movers and giving """"""performance""""" cars a run for their money, while paying pennies on the dollar. The only people who judge others for what they do with their money and cars are poor busrider faggots and bench racers.

I used to think this way... until I started actually saving my money and realized what cars I could actually buy once I had enough stored away...

>Used to think I'd want a used 350z and do a full overhaul on engine and suspension

>now going to hopefully buy an as 1le in the summer that'll run circles around a 350z even with twin turbo set up

Took the bait

I'm okay with it. The majority of car customization is taking an old or slow car, and making it fast, better, or more aesthetically appealing.
The current use of light economy cars as hot rods, is just a signifier of the times.

Had a roommate that had a 13 Cruze Eco. He put in a cold air intake, straight piped, and put a big gauge cluster in it. He cut out the grill and put in a 2ft light bar, and replaced the shifter with a short throw shifter.

He'd then proceed to brag about how he was going 130mph down the road and caught air off a bump.

Glad I kicked that guy out.

I took a 2007 forester, completely stripped it and basically installed a WRX chassis and AWD system and then managed to fit a S85 into the engine bay linked to a custom fab sequential and daily drove it for 6 months with roll cage, racing seats, no heat, no ac the whole 9 yards, unfortunately the engine has had ridiculous piston scraping issues and I now have to buy an entirely new one.

I am going to buy a new one and daily it again. AMA