This thing has paddle shifters, that's SO cool

>This thing has paddle shifters, that's SO cool.
>ooo, sport mode, OH MY GOSH XD

Why is toyota trying to market their boring basic ecoboxes as exciting sports cars for young people? Did they learn nothing from scion? Also I have yet to see any effort to market the GT86, (the only car they make that's actually a real sports car.)

Isn't it the best selling sedan? Pretty much every automotive company on earth wishes they had what Toyota has.

Sport cars rarely make money.
Ecoboxes do.
That's why you don't see marketing for the 86

Is this a shoop? I don't have a TV.

>the only car they make that's actually a real sports car
But they didn't make it. Also nothing wrong with sporty ecobox desu

This. The people who actually like sports cars doesn't need Toyota shoving down marketing down their throat. They can do their own research and buy the sports car they want.

Car commercials are geared mostly towards brainlet normies who will literally buy a brand new shitbox just because there's an advertisement saying it's a sports sedan because it has paddle shifters.

it must be trying to appeal to people who don't care about driving or what makes a good and to make something that they think looks cool, like the camry rz which had muscle car stripes. The only people who would be impressive are the elderly.

Did it come with a button that cracks all 4 windows? Extra cool when grandma farts.

Camry XSE 0-60 5.7s
GT86 0-60 7.7s

Because every single car magazine bags on any car that isn't "sporty." After years of the excellent Camry getting made fun of, Toyota got mad and decided to pander to them.

>wow guys, toyota is so boring, they really need to do something
>redesigns the camry so its no longer grandmas camry, gives it a sportier feel, adds fun convenience things like paddle shifters
>wow guys, what is toyota doing? they should keep being boring instead of trying so hard to change like we told them to for the last decade and a half

are busriders ever happy?

300 HORSE POWER??? WHO NEED 300 HORSE IN A CAMRY?

LMAO what do they think this is. No BORING old toyota needs 300hp.

its always been like that dumbass
see also: ford thunderbird

the gt86 is not a sports car. its a sporty car, but not a sports car.

They don't need to market the 86, They sell like hotcakes.

Naw. They're getting their asses kicked by the Gooks and domestic shitboxes. Not many Toyota buyers are retarded enough to drop $40k on a fancy Corolla or Camry.

they should buy a 3800 license so they can have a v6 and safer power.

don't you have a bus to catch

"sports car" lmao

Paddle shifting on an 8+ speed econobox is kind of annoying

On the Camry if you switch it to manual shift mode when stopped, it starts you in 4th gear for some reason. You can click it down from there but just why.

we've been doing this is aus with the aurion and trd shiz here till they canned it

good in a straight line but still crap in the corners

gt86 has same 0-60 as my dream car, the dusty old sw20

cool beans