Did you practice for the Guilty Gear thread?

Did you practice for the Guilty Gear thread?
Who have you been playing lately, tried anyone outside of your comfort zone to learn new playstyles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/79IaUVE5LmU
youtu.be/hsaR3H2ue_M
clips
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck ky keeskay

Yesterday I binge-watched all the story in Xrd.
It was [spoilers] good [/spoilers]

Now I only need to git gud at Sol so I can be the second coming of kusoru

What did you like about the story? I know it's hit and miss for most people

pretty good, came to see the world shit on Sol again, but it was nice to have a relatively good ending for once. Robo-ky steals the fucking show.

Yeah, I wish some characters had a larger part in the story, Jam showed up to deliver food and that was about it, it's a shame

She was never that important in the overall story even in past games but, then again so did Zappa.

why do people suddenly hate ky so much?

Venom, Robo-ky and Raven were the best characters in Revelator/Rev 2 Story mode.

Yeah they did a really good job with Raven, I didn't really enjoy Venom though, I guess because I like Slayer and Millia more and they both dislike Zato and Venom

People who play online hate Ky yet you never see anyone offline hating on him.

They probably fought one of those teleporting Ky's with nearly instant Greed Severs and decided it was enough. Lord knows I cant stand that simple fuck.

There is no suddenly, no one as ever really liked ky players for the most part they are stereotyped as the tryhard scrubs of guilty since the good ole Accent Core days

I main Ky and even I hate him online. Offline Ky mirrors are fun though.

>He thinks this a new trend
Why do Ky players act willfully ignorant.

>suddenly

He's always been a scrub character.

that swimsuit doesn't fit

is it because of the frame delay that online has so some of his moves like greed sever become super hard to react to?

Because Greed Sever is online-unblockable

Yes

That and people play like fucking madmen online, so it's hard to force people to respect you.

That's Sol

I'm glad they didn't go for this look for Ky he looks more of a fuccboi than usual with this

I face more madmen Sol's than Ky's online honestly

Sol ky and leo are the top three braindead.

No because as much as I love GG the constant shilling lately is turning me off of it. Stop being so obnoxious.

>Ky over Raven
Nigga when Raven first came out people just called him a dumber, easier Ky with a command throw.

I'm about to eat, but I'll leave a PS4 lobby open if anyone wants to join. I'm in Texas, so I dunno how good the connections will be, being halfway between where most GG players are.

Room ID: d3kv

I've played a lot of both.

Y'know we wouldn't have this problem if people just stopped recommending him to beginners.
People's first character should be who they like, that way they're forced to learn them properly.

>As much as I love GG
>Doesn't like GG threads

What do you want, more SFV-shitting, MvCi-shilling threads?

No, he wants more reaction image and mobage threads

People actually play games and discuss lore here.

I want the look still only for the Winchester sword it comes with. it'd be okay if they ever go back to the idea of EX mode characters.

Ky offline is really a lot better than some of the other characters in the cast. As a Ky player I can say his oki is retarded though.

Yeah but more people play Ky so he's in the top 3.

I love Elphelt!

his oki is just seal projectile right and then you jump in?

I don't recommend him, I recommend Leo.

>Like Jam but suck as her
>Sol is pretty cool guy
>Chipp and Answer are neat
>Slayer is dandy

I can't fucking decide who I want to play

Yessir. Delayed airdashes and empty lows for days.

Playing Ky and Sin. I know Sin is supposed to be "Kinda like Ky, but better", but he doesn't feel smooth to control anymore. Air KDs with dj.D and Beak loops feel weird as fuck, compared to his old aerial routes and IAD loops.
Dropped Millia for the same reason. The characters didn't change much from the opponent's POV; Rev2 just made them shittier to control for the player.

Play the one who you like the playstyle more. Or that don't work always go where the dick leads you.

Post mains, faggots

Everybody has a main or sub Sol. Don't deny it

>delayed airdashes and empty lows
I hear this so much, esoecially since ive been looking into i-no, what do these mean? Also empty air dashes?

t. elphelt shitter

Post yfw >Dragon Install

but my dick is leading me towards multiple characters

i'm going off fighting games.

tekken 7 has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I've never really played GG(Or most fighters really), and I want to learn Chipp, Johnny, Sol, and Dizzy. How fucked am I

Too bad she's incapable of feeling love.

So I'm doing Leo's combos in the combo mode and got to standard 06 but I cannot fucking do it from 2p side at all. I can do it maybe 60% of the time on 1p side, but even doing the inputs perfectly, f.S into his super just doesn't want to fucking come out. I've been watching my inputs and I do it perfectly every time but the super comes out as 4H instead of 412364H. Is the timing on it super tight or something?

With her mother dead, shouldn't that change? Even Ram starts having emoitions.

You're full of shit unless you count Order Sol apart of that. Cause he was my sub in Accent Core Plus R

Ky and 3f+ delay Netplay Ky are two totally different beasts. I don't think anyone really hates the former, but nobody likes playing against the latter.

She's actually not dead, imprisoned going by the dictionary in Rev2

>Chipp, Johnny
fucked
>Dizzy
not so bad
>Sol
literally no problem

You're actually pretty set. Things may change as you get better, but there's nothing immensely difficult about learning the characters you posted. Just know that Chipp is a glass cannon. If you hate dying in two or three resets, he may not be for you.

I'd say stick with Sol at first and learn some of the fundamentals before trying out one of the others, but if you really like one of the others starting from them and just grinding your way to gitting gud isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. And don't be ashamed for liking Sol, the people that legitimately call other characters braindead or unga are never above beginner or low intermediate level since actual unga mashing buttons stops working against you once you can actually play the game.

ICPope is alive.

Ram always had emotions. She became aware of them at random and then became scared that her mother would abandon her if she had emotions because she was supposed to be disposable. The twist was that she was pretending not to have them the whole time.

Is Jam's grab combo the most annoying to do in GG? I even see pros dropping it.

You can fuck off, no one will miss you.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I really like Chipp's voice, so I'd like to give him a shot. How about Elphelt/Jack-O. Are they really tough or no?

Looking for a new main. I play Elphelt, but nowadays I don't see much reason to use her anymore. If I wanted to lab an infinite number of setups, I'd play Johnny or Chipp. If I wanted to meme on noobs with little effort, I'd play Raven or Faust.
Lost a bunch of good tools for a meme 6P and roll into SG stance, a move with no invul that's CH state throughout. What a joke.

No. Bye.

>elphelt doesn't let you meme on people with little effort
Just toss some pineberries and 6h into shotgun stance man. Elphelt aint hard.

>Jack-O
You play Tower defense can really be easy to learn.
>Elphelt
At beginner level, she can provide quite a challenge, but its easy to learn the basics. That being said, if you want to learn her real power, you need to get timing right.

Don't forget there's a lobby here, guys.

> Zato-1

Elphelt is somewhat hard, because she apparently has more character specific stuff than the rest of the cast.
Jack-O can be super hard as she cas be horribly easy. Like, her basic gameplan is piss easy. But if you want to be super proficient with her and not get fucked by minions, it can actually be super hard.

You're the joke.

Well nevermind. Took a short break and hit the bathroom and then came back and was able to do it like 6/10 times 2p side too. I have no idea what I was fucking up earlier though.

Alright, thanks friend. I guess I'll do Sol and Dizzy for now. It just sucks because I know absolutely nobody who's really into GG that can show me the ropes. All it is is SFV/MvC in my area.

Delayed airdash means doing airdash as late as possible, just before landing, usually in oki or after RC'd projectile. Your opponent can't react to it and has to guess how to block (many high blocks against delayed airdash, one high and then low against normal jumpin).
Empty low means that you don't use any jumping move, you just jump, land and do a fast low-hitting move. People will often wait for one high hit before transitioning to low block, so empty low catches them off guard.
Empty air dash is probably I-no -specific regarding her dash, similar to empty low. Normal airdashes are too slow to just throw out without buttons

That's the point, I liked her because she was simple to pick up, but had an unimaginable amount of depth in her more advanced stuff. Barely anybody even bothers with UBs anymore, though.
At least she still has her incredibly freeform pressure, but you absolutely require that to open people up to begin with.

I'm the joke because ASW made all their Rev2 balancing decisions via RNG?

doesn't she have a lot of character specific stuff you need to know though?

This fag and his pot buster.

I-no is really complicated but here you go
youtu.be/79IaUVE5LmU
youtu.be/hsaR3H2ue_M
Kinda old so I'm not sure what's new and what still works but this might help you out.

Okay serious question.

How do we fix Rams neutral without making her broken?

>Elphelt has everything
>So let's remove some really retarded shit, like KD off big ass air combos like we did for many other chars
>Let's also force elphelt players to think before just doing IAD j.S like retards. Many chars actually have to adapt if the opponent isn't standing and don't have instant overheads off IAD, unless it's a f-shiki
>Oh, and let's also make the unblockable cost ressources. We can't remove those because Elph players are all whiny cunts, so let's actually not let them loop it for free
>And the chip on the shotgun is ridiculous, so she may do one less shot before getting out of range
Every nerf elph got was deserved.

what do you guys think of Faust?

>as a longtime fan etc.

They're salty as fuck that he's so great, and handsome, and a King, and a caring husband, and a loving father

Ram is perfectly fine. The first thing you'll need to fix is the shitty players who think they can't do shit with her, while Takehara is one of the 15 toushins in arcades.
Tho c.S not whiffing, sword repositionning correctly and some strings comboing at max range (hello 5KK) would be neat

If can beat him, so can you!

t. Jam

Make the hitboxes bigger?

>So let's remove some really retarded shit, like KD off big ass air combos like we did for many other chars
Elph main since about 2 months before rev 2 came out, what did she have before they nerfed her? Elph can still easily get a knockdown from air combos.

I'm really new to the game, so I made a room for noobs last night and my first joiner was a faust player. He instantly locked me into a combo for a good 15 seconds, and immediatley left after I couldn't get a grip. What a fucking ride.

You could do 5HHHHHH and knock down

It gets bad once you get into UB setups. For BNBs, CH combos just require differing timing. There's only three air strings you need to memorize, and they are mostly the same. She also can pickup some characters after 2D for an aircombo, but those are just a select few since the j.S nerf.

if he gets good RNG in the corner it can be a brutal lockdown.

at least he's free on wakeup

She doesn't need it. If you don't like working for your absurd corner carries and corner setups you should probably play a different character. You might enjoy Raven.

>Experienced players joining noob lobbies and smashing them

for what purpose

>tfw you get matched with a Zato player

It's like running into Dan in Street Fighter. You're either about to wipe the floor or get shit on like never before. No in-betweens.

sexual frustration
whenever i joined noob lobbies i just chose a different character until someone actually good showed up

clips twitch tv/BombasticSpookyPeppermintTakeNRG

It's a way to say "welcome to GG faggot"