What is wrong with me Veeky Forums? Why am I so obsessed with this stupid 80s shitbox...

What is wrong with me Veeky Forums? Why am I so obsessed with this stupid 80s shitbox? I haven't been able to quit drooling over these for the last 2 years. I need one so bad

Well buy it so you can sell it immediately after.

Because people on Veeky Forums like them, so you like them.

they are cheap enough go and buy one
they're cool

You have shit taste and want it to be validated on Veeky Forums with memes.

Was this paint factory?

no

i know that feel...

You're underage, impressionable and probably have little to no sense of self worth so you try to find validation in pointless shit.

user its called love

you fell in love, im exactly the same with my carfu
ive been drooling over sw20s since i first saw one.

happened to me, then I wanted sw20 then realized what I really need is a zzw30.
Trust me you want an mr2 bad.

my friend literally bought one today, its really rough and barely runs but it came with a bunch of spare parts and 2 extra engines. the interiors pretty cool but i wasn't exactly impressed with how it handles and drives, it probably is just to do with how rough it is tho

the suspension is probably shot and the bushings are prob quite literally falling apart

I've driven an sw20 and an aw11, they handle on par with my Miata, if not a little better, when they have proper working suspension and tires

I used to have a supercharged one in highschool like 10 years ago. 10/10 car. Super fun. Go buy one

My sisters first car, it was so fucking unreliable

hahahah you saved one of my pics

sucks. musta got a lemon. Mine was in terrible shape and i still DDd it for 1.5 yr. This is all over 200k miles. Im talking bad shape a hole in the coolant tank with dirt and leaves n bububles n shit in it, every bushing on the car completely shot, exhaust manifold leak, bad rings, bad struts, no oil when i got it. Got lucky it had a TRD manifold from before the girl and her douche crotch rocket bf who had it last fucked it up. Fell in love with it though all its problems I am going to put in a 20V and redo bushings and struts and love it forever. Currently its been sitting for a year after DD for 1.5 years after sitting for a few years after I got it before that lol.

Hey henry

Just fucking buy one. A decent one with only cosmetic issues is like $5k. You can buy a fixxer upper for like $2k

my neighbour has one that's rusting in to the ground

>those ricer seats
Keep it period-correct, at least.

M'lady. Your chariot awaits.

you can polish the chrome on your turd corvette all you want, jap classics are made to be driven.
And if you drive any mr2 the way you are supposed to buckets are on your to-do list.

You can go pose all you want fag.

>jap classics are made to be driven.

Then drive them don't rice them.

>putting in racing seats is rice
your bus is here

>buckets are on your to-do list.

Period-correct Recaros look a lot better than your ricer store special.

>tfw got these last year
Excite

Nice
post car

>tfw really want one
>tfw no experience working on cars
Are they really that difficult to work on for a beginner?

because they're cool and fun.
mines factory
jelly as fuck, do want.
i like what the guy did here. i think thats been featured on some website/magazine before.

Just do it user

Not at all. Basically a Toyota parts bin car. The 4AGE is dead simple to work on, and thestock suspension components shared with many other Toyota models. They're small, so if you're a bigger guy you might have problems working in the engine bay, but none of the work is exceedingly difficult.

pic is my old one, now my parts car for
the gunmetal grey is such a nice colour for them.

Seems to be such a rare colour of them too, hopefully mine will be back on the road in 3 years

id definitely trade my parts car for that 205 rallye haha

some cool cars man.

looks pretty comfy

because memes
I want an aw11 because my late uncle had one before he passed and got lost somewhere amongst family fighting over bullshit
and the memes

why a T-top tho

Sunroof or T-top?

theres one near me for 2900, looks to be in decent shape, I think i might buy it

neither

>mid engine rear wheel drive
>hard top convertible with lots of top options
>sporty, comes either NA or turbo'd or super'd as you wish
>just as affordable as a miata

literally the only flaw with it is that it has very little trunk space, but honestly when i get my license (im not underage, just poor and in a commie cucked country) i want to get one as my daily driver and just equip it with a roof rack and tow hook for when i wanna ferry stuff around with it

No they're memetaxed to shit, if you can find them at all

>tfw 0 available on kijiji, craigslist, or autotrader in Ontario
>tfw riced to shit models with 200k go for 6-8k

If you think that's memetaxed try finding a Corolla from the same era.

Searching for them in the middle of January in Ontario is the worst time. Wait till spring and they all start to come out.

>literally the only flaw with it is that it has very little trunk space
You'd be surprised, I keep two 80lb bags of sand in the trunk and still have more than enough room between the trunk and frunk for groceries or small road trips.

I bought pic related for $1k a few weeks ago with 250k miles on the odo.
Just finishing up the engine rebuild, with new wheels, tires, suspension, and body panels in the mail.

Easily the best AW I've seen posted on Veeky Forums thus far.
Where I live it's 2K for even good condition ones. 5k or so for good Superchargers.

>I keep two 80lb bags of sand in the trunk
y tho

better traction in the snow and rain, the previous owner had put them there and I find it easy enough to toss in depending on the weather.
I'm looking forward to my new suspension so I can stop massively over/under-steering all the time.

ryley

Welcome to the obsession, I was the same way over 73-87 Chevy/GMC pickups for years, bought one, and so far I've done more than I can even remember to mine and spent god knows how much money on it.

>no ragrets