/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Lo Yang edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (poi)

>Pan Asian tech tree reveal
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/live-streaming/fb-live-20170808/

>Gallant Premium
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/gallant-gadot/

>0.6.9 patch notes
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_9-patchnotes/

>Smoke changes NOT HAPPENING
thedailybounce.net/2017/07/25/world-of-warships-supertest-0-6-9-info-3/

>0.6.9 YAMAMOTO CAMPAIGN
sea-group.org/?p=3326&lang=en
sea-group.org/?p=3216&lang=en

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker (warships.today is RIP, press F to pay respects)
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Precisionista

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the secondary turrets can actually turn now
Is this a new feature, they always looked static before.

Why are my screenshots coming up as black screens?

t. povertynigger

Same. Only works if switched to windows mode.

>we lost
I wasn't even camping.

>Alabama is for sale again
>Missed her first time around
>Having financial problems
>tl;dr basically no free spending cash
>want to ask in the discord
>don't want people to know me as "that poor faggot who can't buy boats"

The discounts worth like 20 bucks at best, stop being a poor faggot.

Got a -30% coupon for being a good goyim
Already have Scharny and Bama.
What should I buy?
Pan-paka-pan maybe?
How about Warspite? I've no interest in bong cruisers
I will only last 6 days

>30%
Fucking WG, I got one too and it was only 10%. Atago is good but it requires you to really have a handle on being aggressive in a ship that can be deleted with one wrong broadside. Kutuzov is probably the better option for a tier 8 cruiser but it's more boring.

wtf

games
>No 'Unsinkable'
two intelligant for achievements

Atago's been powercreeped a bit. Kutuzov is probably a good choice.

ded

Did the British missions get reset, I'm pretty sure I did the 250k damage challenge last night but now it's back to zero again.

yes they did. WG said sorry for the tech difficulties on twitter.

>plays properly, putting in great effort to win a match
>lose

>dc at the start of the match
>win

Does that mean I get 3 more free containers? That's cool.

what ever happened with the Gangut? i remember seeing her devblogs. did she ever make it to the store? Ive been away from the game since the hood was released btw

She's been moved back on NA, already out in RU, not sure about EU

Turns out the most blatantly OP ship in the game isn't so OP at tier 5.

no dying wowsg

we can't even get people to even create new threads. discord is such cancer. teamspeak and mumble was infinitely better

rip

If you see austia on your team you should torp him. His name sounds like autism for a reason.

>His name sounds like autism
do you have autism, my son?

>Brain regions associated with recognizing patterns tend to light up more in autistic people than the general population

When I see the whole team heading one way I just get fed up and charge in alone so I can get a new game

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

>do my best and push myself to the limit
>top the score
>lose

>play halfheartedly without putting much effort
>mediocre score
>win
It shall be given to those who not care.

Unrelated, but thanks for going to the effort cutie

So what is this new chink torps' gimmick?

They run deeper then standard torps which makes them useless vs DDs but will still hit most cruiser and all battleships with like 0.8km detection

Are they spotted by enemy DDs then?

Maybe.

Why do I feel that this will fuck cruisers far more than BBs...?

So will hydro search have a reduced range against those or is it the same?

Because it's true.

Probably not, since hydro gives a fixed range.

I like how they'll also shit on most cruisers while WG claims they're a pure anti BB weapon.

Cruisers are just small BBs. :^)

So where is the tradeoff?

0,8km detection range means that nobody, not even the most maneuverable cruisers will be able to do dodge them. This seems pretty OP desu senpai.

It just have to be better than IJN DDs.

Will torpedo sluts ever come back?

The trade off is you can't torp any smoke sitters, also probably more nerfed guns.

Competence is following the push
Courage is leading the push
Heroism is delaying the enemy push

>I heard that Hindenburgs carry two types of shells, AP for cruisers and HE for battleships
>You're wrong, both are for battleships

HE is for everything while AP is for everything broadside at less than 15 km.

Please help, how do I play cruisers?

Dodge bullets, rain HE on everything you come across.

>nobody, not even the most maneuverable cruisers will be able to do dodge them
No shit.

This will turn into the next reason to not play cruisers (or play only the kind of cruiser that can park behind and island and shoot over said island), and the next reason for baBBies to hug the map edge.

Or just pick hydro instead of DF which is useless in over half of the matches anyway when there is no CV around.
Also DD can screen for those torpedos and spot them and then just sail over them.
I just hope there is a way for telling if an incoming torpedo is deepwater or not.

Hopefully never

>begging for people to spend money to get virtual goods for you
That's more pathetic than being poor. Being poor isn't always a choice, unlike begging for video game items. You should never reproduce.

>Also DD can screen for those torpedos and spot them and then just sail over them.
What is things that never happen in this game.

Is Ognevoi AA useless or is this just all T8 DDs?

I can't even shoot down a single fighter with this stuff

They're good at spreading the bomb and torps with DFAA and that's about it

>and the next reason for baBBies to hug the map edge
EU top baBBy here. I confirm: I won't step a inch further than my max range when on the enemy team there will be such threat.

And then you get caught broadside in your hydro-equipped cruiser when your hydro is on cooldown. Or you get MM'd with CVs who delete you effortlessly since you had no DF.

>DD can screen for those torpedos
Just like how DD's currently run off to do their own thing as far away from the fleet as possible? Or how CVs currently work for the team by providing fighter cover and torpedo spotting?

Yeah, it won't happen. Even in a div it's not always possible to provide decent screening. And with .8 detection range you'll have to practically sail right over the torps to spot them even if you got vigilance and the detection module (lmao).

Instead of keeping the BB population growth in check, this will just make games slower and passive as baBBies will have yet another reason to camp back.

>Oh no, DW Torpedo range is 13km.
>I better stay at 25km from enemy team then.

Better safe than sorry.

>Just like how DD's currently run off to do their own thing as far away from the fleet as possible?
That is called 'capping', user.
If that is far away from you, you are being a baBBie.

I don't get why everybody complains about baBBies when everyone but them get the buffs to counter BBs harder, except some rare exceptions like German secondaries.

Everybody complains because BBs are objectively the stronget ships in the game.
They deal the most damage, can tank more damage than any other class, some of them have hydro like cruisers, some of them have AA so powerful it makes AA cruisers pointless, and there is practically no drawback.

And despit all this, most of them park at the edge of the map and refuse to help their team.

Then they cry in chat when the enemy comes to kill them.

They are also the most forgiving.
If you make a mistake in a DD or Cruiser you get sent to Port almost instantly cause you loose half your HP to a single Torpedo, showing broadside to a BB gets Cruisers deleted from invisible BB cause they get to have better Concealment then some cruisers.
BB AP even deplets DD health super effective. And if they actually get close they loose their health by secondaries without the BB player even having to do anything at all.

And afterwards BB will just repair his health back up.

>and there is practically no drawback.
Are you fucking serious?
>can only shoot once every 30 seconds, useless the rest of the time
>burn like oil tanks
>even the fastest turning ones aren't enough to dodge torps if the enemy got a good salvo in
>sluggish as shit, bad positioning = certain death
>free XP pinata for CVs, except USN
All of this make BB fucking terrible at close range, you can only push when the rest of the team also does.

I don't know what kind of fucking cruisers you're playing that are outspotted by BB

Yeah except you can dodge torpedoes better, BB are guaranteed to get hit by two or more unless the one dropping them is retarded.

Iowa can outspot Hindenburg by 100m.

>BBs are objectively the stronget ships in the game.
Wrong. CVs are.

>They deal the most damage
[citation needed]

I haven't seen a CV for two days.

>can only shoot once every 30 seconds
Sounds like you failed 'how to install modules and specm y captain corectly 101', come back wehn you understand the basics
>burn like oil tanks
And unlike all other ships, you have teh HP base to just let teh fires burn and repair back up.
>even the fastest turning ones aren't enough to dodge torps if the enemy got a good salvo in
How is this different from high tier crusiers? Oh right, it isn't.
And even if you take a torp, who gives a fuck, you have 100k hitpoints and 25% TDS or more..
The cruiser only has 40 or 50k, and less TDS.
>free XP pinata for CVs, except USN
What do you think happens to cruisers that go #YOLO and end up atacked by a CV?
>BB fucking terrible at close range
Oh, I get it now. It was bait all along.

Fires damage is percentage based, not flat

Yes.

And if a t10 BB burns for half his hitpoints, he has 50k left.
If a cruiser burns for half his hitpoints, he has 25k left.

And on top of that, BBs are far less likely to take citpens and have better TDS. So even if the BB was reduced to 25k it would still live longer than the CA.

If this was offset by giving the crusier more damage, then it would be perfectly fine. But it is not.

I have seen them on every single T10 match.

Repair cooldowns for cruisers and DDs are smaller than on BBs. A cruiser will repair way before he burns half his hitpoints.

A cruiser will never suffer as many fires as a BB does, because they're smaller, more maneuverable and usually faster

If you just compare their ability to suffer damage then yes, surprise surprise, a BB can suffer more. However, as we both know, there's a lot more to the gameplay than that.

What the fuck is wrong with Tashkent? This is a new level of low, even worse than USN CVs.

Why are dive bombers so shit? A well placed torpedo strike can kill a BB, but dive bombers do fucking nothing. I've tanked dive bombers no problem in Arizona when historically it exploded after a Japanese bomb hit its magazine. A small bit of damage (Which nearly always misses) and a single fire is shit.

They were good in beta and that made so many people butthurt they got nerfed to absolute shit.

They need a serious upgrade. A few thousand damage and a fire would be decent, with a small chance to penetrate the hull. I hate playing against carriers in BBs because of torpedoes, but I pretty much just ignore them when they are using dive bombers.

Yeah you say that now, then you take 10K damage and 2 fires the next time

>My battle barges are weak, everything can damage me
>Still the most played class.
Makes me think

Is Iowa actually good or she's just a fapbait on the way to T10?

>They need a serious upgrade.
This comes with Lexington uprgade. They get much more damage and can penetrate your upper deck and explode inside dealing more damage

If there's a carrier I'm already taking 10k from a torpedo, so it's not like it matters. I'll take damage or be killed, the how is not really important. Though if anything, fires are easier to deal with when you have the Superintendent skill, the premium damage control party, and the premium repair party.

>My battle barges are weak
Literally no one said this.

I'm on Montana now and I miss Iowa's agility.

>OMG BBs are too strong the damage I can do to them doesn't matter
>Literally everyone else tops the charts on the one stat that matters.

Really fires up the almonds

I found it useful. I was citadeling Montanas and Yamatos with North Carolina constantly and Iowa is a straight upgrade of her. The US BB becomes great in general once you get past Colorado.

How do you guys think the French BB line is going to work with Dunkerque and Strasbourg? Given that Strasbourg has extra armour, Dunkerque fits more as be the regular Tier VI with Strasbourg being the Premium.

>DoT is easy to deal with when you're specced out with premium gear to counter DoT

Indeed

Why the fuck is this allowed?

Fucking CD Project should make a WW2 game where every Russian machine is utter garbage like it should be.

I don't get how CAs are having issues doing damage to BBs. I've taken more damage from AP from CAs than from BBs at time, and I've done the same when using CAs. In Arizona, I've taken more damage from a single AP salvo from a CA than BBs, including those who have managed to citadel me. I've found CA HE to be punishing too, with some salvos doing up to 8,000 damage each, plus setting a fire.

You know you can buy them using credits dirt cheap, yes? Doubloons are only for converting EXP and buying the Premium ships not in the store.

But the Grozovoi is utter garbage.

Not anymore.

>In Arizona, I've taken more damage from a single AP salvo from a CA than BBs
Unless CA also citadeled you, that should be barely possible.

>20k XP to Iowa
>not enough freexp to skip all hulls for that sweet AA
>my North CarolinAA Seagal alone won't save my ass from t10 carriers
>would keep farming freexp but I want her RIGHT FUCKING NAO

Nope, always happens. Take it over the bow or the stern, but no penetration as far I'm aware. Could it be penetrating the deck but not the citadel?

Imagine how much WG would make if you could just buy EXP.

How much is Mutsu right now?