Cars keep getting larger and heavier, raising the costs of ownership

>cars keep getting larger and heavier, raising the costs of ownership
>egoistic people keep buying larger and heavier cars because its safer for them in a crash
>at the same time, their heavier cars become more unsafe for those outside their car
>to solve this problem, those outside the cars buy even larger cars
>meanwhile car congestion gets worse and people have no savings left because car ownership costs are so big (no wonder when you want to drive a massive vehicle with big crumple zones all around)
>meanwhile government and insurance companies make fatter profits
>meanwhile, those who want to live fiscally responsible and drive a genuine small car have to be punished for this by a massive loss of safety

when will this terrible cycle end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l3ELVACR2VY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I literally can't think of one person who bought a big car "because all the other cars are so big"

You're probably just an asshurt miata driver or something

>own an 18 foot, 4000 lb land barge
>still feel smaller than any modern cars because you sit so low in comparison

>Car company releases a small car
>Every new revision is bigger and bigger
>Small car eventually canibalizes the next car in the range
>Rinse and repeat

when we get autonomous cars and we can get all idiots off the steering wheels, god may that day come soon.

Maybe it'll happen, give it a couple more centuries.

Keep staying in denial you luddite, day of the cope soon

youtube.com/watch?v=l3ELVACR2VY

>Meanwhile, a Tesla crashes into another stationary object

Your comment further proves you do not belong behind a steering wheel.

>Meanwhile, a different Tesla crashes into another stationary object.

>Meanwhile 1000 normal drivers crash into a stationary object

I don't fit in small cars so this is good

now kill yourselves manlets

I'd say that's pretty good considering there's millions of normal drivers and only a few hundred Teslas.

whatever you believe or state is irrelevant because the facts are not on your side. You are free to dig your head in the sand and stay in denial but your opinion will never hold any credibility in the real world. Now go back to your fantasy bubble and keep telling yourself comforting lies, you pathetic little man.

We'll wait until autopilot kills someone and then we'll see just who's head is where. At this rate, it should any day now.

Who here has or will have no "ego" driving a super nice car?

Nah dude my parents think this way and you are an idiot not to see their "logic"
You want to drive a small car in the face of fuckhuge trucks? Ever see an accident involving a smaller car and a big truck? The small car gets annihilated and the truck has a scratch. It's no bueno

I fucking hear you OP. And the scientific fact that the heavier masses of metal require more energy to move, so even if we move to more "sustainable" sources, it's still wasting tons of energy moving 2 ton cars instead of a ton and some change

I see the logic, i just don't know anyone who has actually bought a big car based on that logic, doesn't make me an idiot, maybe it's just because i'm not from burgerland.

>waiting for the day that everyone drives a semi for safety reasons

>teslashit reveals himself to be an actual psycho with a god complex and delusions of grandeur
jesus christ, mate, it's just a toy car

>i'm not from burgerland
It's not that severe but SUV are going the same way here the western side of yurop.
At least we're not that retarded to buy a whole heavy duty pick up for groceries.

I half agree with this guy here
I was driving a dodge stratus when some fuck in a Ford superduty blew through a stop sign
My front end was ripped apart frame bent and all
What did he get?
A fucking bent running bar.