Scientists determined what the average car will look like in 2050, and it's beautiful

Scientists determined what the average car will look like in 2050, and it's beautiful.

Why can't we just get cars that look like that now?

Because we are still clinging on to what little dignity we have left.

I don't know about you guys but when the last gas pump is shut down and the driving of cars by humans is made illegal, I'll be riding my baby one last time, all the way to Valhalla.

>now

I cant believe they will start reproducing e46's in 2050

There is actually a reason Google made it look like that but it doesn't have anything to do with futurist predictions.
Psychologists have proven that people are more cautious around something if it looks slightly anthropomorphic and cute, and since the prototype was very expensive they didn't want it getting trashed during testing. It also made the test passengers more comfortable around it.

im digging it

On a related note, at one point during development they were testing the computer's "driver aggressiveness" so they set it to Bolivian Cab Driver mode and it scared the shit out of everybody so bad that nobody would volunteer to ride in it until they reset it.

im imagining this cute little google car drifting into parking spaces and entering corners backwards and shit now

THAT'S something they should research, and it'd be safe too because iwth networking to other cars they would know to steer clear of the users who have set their auto car experience to the "DRIV3R" setting

I've wondered if you could fiddle with the settings and enter it in a rallycross race just to see if it react fast enough in that environment.
Probably won't happen soon since the LIDAR system alone costs more than a brand new Cadillac.

Honestly, there's already robotics competitions, and RC racing is a thing -- it'd be a cool thing for schools to compete in to make little mini automated rally cars.

They'd both see how hard it is and that modern engineering is NOT solved at all, it'd get people into cars, it'd satisfy stem memery, even the gay art kids can have fun painting a livery. what's not to like? brb gonna go rob some houses for capital to start this league

cute is justice

i hope all cars in the future are cute, even the overpowered hypercars

when i was growing up i always wanted an Echo but to drop a bus engine in it to achieve peak cost effectiveness and rallying prowess while being the cutest thing on the road

That looks like a retrofuturist Renault 4.

>retrofuturist
in what way is any of that thing "retro"

it looks like a normal modern car, more like a chinese knockoff Mini than anything really

It just looks like a modernized version of an old Renault 4. Like the new Minis, 500s and Beetles.
I know it isn't that, but it's what it reminds me of.

every car from back then looked like that and that lapin thing is clearly aping the modern mini more than your renault meme mobile you want to rub your dick on because you have untreated schizophrenia and autism

and how is that "retrofuturist"

Is that the Miku car?

no that's a Daihatsu

My Ek is called Miku :)

You put a lot of effort into that so I guess it deserves a (You)

I imagine the car driving down the road dancing to webm related like a 20's cartoon.

>THIS is what the future will look like*
>*probably not, we made it up

>2050
>H7 reflector headlamps
kek

>Scientists determined
mean "the jews will force you"

sage and GTFO shill

wtf does your pic have to do with anything? Cars are fun and all, but autonomous vehicales will unironically save lives, it's something we should embrace.