GOAT status shitbox thread, starting with my favorite. Very reliable...

GOAT status shitbox thread, starting with my favorite. Very reliable, drove it 50k km without problems until i crashed it. Already looking for a new one. Odometer had 280k km

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJHhZ1eFv9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gen 1 punto best car

My parents had one but in lime green and with a sunroof. It was left to rot on my grandma's farm after they divorced though.

the March k11, or Micra depending on where u live, has nice proportions in my opinion, I like the retro nissan grill and the giant bubble windows. I think about buying one for 500 bucks and see where it gets me before switching from my Miata to a s13 chassis. This thing shares almost the same wheelbase with my miata and boy this is giving me ideas...

Golf mkIV, the go to shitbox that is pretty nice actually. For sub-€1k you can get a roomy car that is very sturdy and really reliable as far as I can tell.
Would recommend, but not if you want something fast cuz its slow as shit lol

idk if goat but stupidly common do you can pick up a decent one in the spec you want for cheap, and easy to find parts. plus it doesnt feel like you are driving around in a tin can

holy fuck i haven't seen one of those since i stopped living in europe. goat

god damn they were everywhere too

The Audi A3 too, since it's basically the same car but nicer looking.

82-00 Civics.

this, my uncle had one which he scrapped at 300k+ kilometres. and that only cause the electronics were starting to break down, the engine was still working. also, it was beaten as hell and never got proper maintenance

I have one with the 69hp 1.3 multijet, currently at 150k km and no timing chain issues

Veeky Forums hates upon Fiats, but the pre-marchionne Fiats were actually good.
The original Parda was the real god machine: unkillable, tireless work horse, so cheap to buy and maintain that a cellphone would be a bigger investment

Owner hangs around maccies with 14 year old slags

Pandas are cool, but 127 is my favorite.

drawfag protip here: never do that jagged scribbling with 100% pressure. do it really lightly and only increase the pressure on lines you're confident with.
your scribbles will look INSTANTLY a ton better, even in case you're still not that good. it makes a huge difference.
also, you can stick with ballpoint. I think ballpoints are totally underrated and I like scribbling with them.

also, pull the confident lines through. no back and forth faggotry on those strong lines.

fuck that garbage

>5k km on it
>everything rattles, everything is falling apart
>engine alright

People say the Golf IV is the last good one. I think it's the first bad one.

>178k km on it
>no rattles
>engine works
gg u r just shit

Nah, the Mk 4 was the last good Golf. It was pigfat, it was slow, but it was sturdy af, economical af, reliable af and equipped af. There are lots and lots of VW cars from the early 2000's that have gone way past the million km mark, a lot of them even past the 1,5 milion km mark.

The Mk 3 Golf is a much better shitbox than the Golf 4. And the ultimate comfy shitbox is the B4 Passat. Especially an wagon with the 90 litre fuel tank and 1.9 TDI.

We are talking cars here user, not wheelbarrows.

mate the bus or tube is better than one of those litteral shiteboxes.

plz no bully

Pre-Marchionne Fiat was shit, under performing, noncompetitive, unsafe. The proof is how long that shit of Panda has been produced.

how could it sell so long if it was shit?
checkmate atheists

it's because it's dirt cheap but quality wise it's shit. Mcdonald's sells billions of cheeseburgers, they are crap but cheap, that's why people eat there. Sales volume =/= high quality, it's actually the opposite.

LMAO I own the thing

the 1.7 diesel is a isuzu engine and its actually bulletproof.
I've hear that the mk4 1.4 is just plain bad to own and repair. But if it has the 1.9TDi is top tier shitbox

The Isuzu diesel is bulletproof, but the electronics kill it.

>mk4 1.4 is just plain bad to own and repair
It's the fucking cheapest engine to buy, run and maintain. It's belt driven, unlike the 1.6 petrol which is chain, but other than that it's extremely sturdy and crude. Very reliable, but slow as fuck.
The 1.9 TDI is a hit or miss. The 90 bhp ALH version is the legendary one that made the 1.9 TDI, and VW, such a hit with the motorists. The 102 bhp version tho is not so great, with the turbo craping out and the camshaft requesting a replacement every 100k km.
The 131 bhp AWX version is another glorious version of the 1.9 TDI. Kinda rare on the Golf, but aplenty on the B5.5 Passat and B6 Audi A4. Literally the best version of the 1.9 TDI.
Then there was the mythical 150 bhp version of the 1.9 TDI, but I've never seen one irl.

So if you want a bulletproof tank, just get the 90 bhp ALH version. If you want something more balanced, get the 131 bhp AWX.

If you want total reliability and fuck everything else, either the 1.4 petrol if you are a stingy, cheap bastard that haggles even on bread at the supermarket, or the 1.6 petrol if you want some decent city driving performance.

There was also the 1.8T in the GTI trim, but that's also rare and commonly found on the Passat and the A4.

Then there was the 2.slow, a 2.0 litre NA which barely shat 115 bhp. Reliable as fuck, but also slow and thirsty as fuck. Beaten badly by the 1.8T.

And there was the incredibly rare 2.0 NA petrol which had 136 bhp (not sure if it made it to the Golf, but it was present on the Passat and A4).

And if you were insane enough there was always the 2.3 V5, which made a lot of noise but not much movement.

niec mental gymnastics

First gen Hyundai accent. That gutless 3 valve sohc 1.5L was so fun to wind out all the time

>corolla
>no results found

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

My mum had one and mentioned she had to climb into it via the hatch once temps got below 0C.

But she loved it.

I've heard many stories on the Panda, but the most common is the infamous mountain climb: the panda being able to go up snowy mountains like it was nothing, while full sized 4x4 offroaders just slipped away.

these are still fucking everywhere in italy. even being used as police cars.

>pic related

Yes I know, but please find a better example than the water police next time.

Hey, very important in Firenze!

man I want to go again. what a lovely city.

Lmao, funny you say.

My brother got sucked off by a 14 year old in the back of his mates Corsa a few weeks ago

>polizia idraulica
>water police

alright thats it im getting a corsa

Mine 1.6 is driven by belt what the heck,user. 1.4 is the worst engine, consumes oil like crazy, has shit ton of problems, moves like turtle and has fuel economy of 1.6

I agree with your ballpoint statement. Ballpoint sketching in class taught me how to draw cars way better than any of this graphite and eraser shite

The regular 1.6 16v petrol is chain driven and the 1.6 FSI is belt driven. I presume you have a late 1.6 FSI.

Mine is 1999 1.6 8v AKL

Dude lmao you just bought a vehicle from someone that has abused&neglected it, you shouldn't make everything one big bundle of grass because of that.

mum bought the Panda 2007, I got it in 2013 it's at 78k km
only problems until now were squeaking rear brakes twice and the cheapest fabric ever used on the seats
wouldn't buy one again tho

The AKL is the oldest 1.6 possible. Designed in the 15th century by Henry the VIII, this is indeed a bad engine for 2018.

On-topic, since we have VAG fags around:
Does anyone know anything about the reliability of the 2.5 l-5 174 bhp diesel that was installed in the T5 and 2.5 R5 Touareg? From what I know, the 2.5 with 4x4 is a common engine used in ambulances, so that says something about its reliability.

I really wanna buy an Touareg 7L, and the 2.5 litre version is the best one for me, cost and performance wise.
Is this ambulance and comercial engine as strong as people say? Should I literally not give a shit regarding the mileage of such an engine?

should be pretty bulletproof as older versions were used in volvo 850's and they can regularly go above 250k

Thank you based user. From what I readl, the engine doesnt have a timing belt or chain, its all pinions. And its only real weakness is the water pump which fails at 100k km and the ocassional orings.
Also, I read that the central diff sometimes craps out, but if you dont offroad it that much it should last an eternity.

Also, an R5 Touareg more than likely has 3-400k km by now, which translates to 200-250k miles, but from I read an R5 Touareg with manual box and classic suspension will last an eternity. Its also dirt cheap since its slow, its got a manual box and its missing the air suspension. The air suspension is great, but craps out fast in my area due to large craters and dust.

I think I saw your car on instagram, i have a red panda, same year 54hp

The Mazda 323F.
>Sleek 90's styling
>pop ups
>single bar tail lights
>4 doors, surprisingly roomy backseat.
>yet smaller than a Civic.
>cute
It's like a practical Miata.

The only flaw is the lack of an obscure awd turbo model like the 323 GTX.

The true European shitbox with proper value for your money is the Lada.
Prove me wrong.

>Russia
>European

Pick one and only one

Panda + Uno turbo engine = ultimate ayy lmao sleeper

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJHhZ1eFv9E

>wouldn't buy one again tho
bcuz u gay

Nice but I raise you the true Italian Empress.

Ritmo Abarth master race reporting in.

I own 1.6. Shit i was talking about was 1.4, which i do not own.

>bad engine in 2018
Like how bad is it? You mean economy, power or what?