What do you think of minivans? Are they gay or are they Veeky Forums?

What do you think of minivans? Are they gay or are they Veeky Forums?

I want every minivan driver on the road to be rounded up and euthanized in a FEMA camp. I fucking hate minivans, they're so fucking slow and they always drive like shit (at least in my city)

unparalleled people haulers

Minivans are useless in all fields. If you want to haul people get a V8 Landie.

The stupid ass hockey moms driving these things are almost worse.

A typical minivan has more interior room than a Chevrolet Suburban.

Yeah but no cargo room with the 3rd row up and it's hard to fit anything but your filipino kids in the third row. They can fit a 4x8 sheet which is nice though.

I sometimes forget I'm talking to Americans.

Minivans have a lot of utility to offer. Only retards equate a car's worth to an archetypal owner. Of course I'm talking to a bunch of autistics that think various attributes of a car are universally better no matter what the conditions.

They're versatile as hell. The ones with folding seats like the T&C/Caravan are roomy as fuck, with the seats folded down you can haul a 6ft couch. The ones with the 3.8 V6 weren't too bad on power they feel more powerful than a panther body

this

b-but its nuremburger times

I love that the police model and the civilian model look exactly the fucking same beside the police written in nearly exact same tone.

So you know, ever soccer roastie behind you is immediately a cop to you.

Theyre usually dilapidated shitboxes driven by fat Pennsylvanians doing 10 under the goddam limit, so fuck them. People who drive dodge caravans need to be euthanized.

If you have a nail to drive into some wood, it's not gay to grab a hammer,

objectively not gay

Pretty based

Pretty good but I'm biased due to owning multiple over the years. They're big, tall cars that can carry a whole lot of shit, nothing really horrible about them except for well-known flaws per-manufacturer (like Chrysler's transmissions which will either run forever and a day, or reliably shit the bed at 70k every time).

Caravans with stow'n'go seating have oodles of room when they're folded down, older ones without it have even MORE room once you remove the seats completely due to the lower floors, and while they don't look like much, the front captain's chairs in the 3/4th gen Caravans are legit some of the comfiest seats I've ever had. I leaned those fuckers back and slept in them more times than I can count.

What about dog catchers with windows?

Both the Chrysler 3.3 and 3.8 were pretty alright engines, simple to work on, still mostly mechanical with no drive-by-wire shit, and those minivans can get up to speed way quicker than you'd expect them to even with the 3.3 probably because they're meant to have seven kids and a dog in the back so if they're empty that's several hundred pounds less than what they're expected to haul. It was the Mitsubishi-sourced V6s you had to watch out for, those were way less than alright. No experience with how the Pentastar in the new ones works out, but I've heard good things about it.

THAT
visibility
versatility
comfort
space

Minivans are based, especially that soccer mom drive crossovers and SUV, so most minivan drivers are proper dads and non-fags.

I liked the old Mazda 5. I had one as a work vehicle.

Fit tons of random shit inside pretty easily and drove better than a truck. Good mileage. Etc. As a tool/appliance they have their place.

>overtakes you

I wish Dodge brought back the turbo Caravan for the last year of production. My first car was a turbo 5-speed Caravan. Such an obnoxious vehicle. A mom-mobile capable of running 11-second quarters.

Aerostar is the king of minivans. 2nd row captains chairs?

C O M F Y

sounds like bunch of shit normalfags who are scared of driving would care about

They're based. Anyone who says no are just fooling themselves.
>Can sit up to 7 or 8
>Has room to store stuff
>Isn't a gas guzzler like a SUV is
>Based on a sedan chassis, so it can move around better than a suv
>isn't as cucking as a crossover.

How many feet long is that door?

>Based on a sedan chassis
Even the american ones?

a body on frame minivan is just a van

>isn't as cucking as a crossover.

You've got good points but if anything minivans are even more cucking than crossovers.

Not really as they do say at least I bred.

Wrong. Crossovers look big and imposing but beyond their bloated fenders and beltlines they're fucking tiny inside, and they actually are often built on compact hatchback platforms. Minivans may not look like much but they actually offer all the inside space that you expect from looking at the outside.

fuck off faggot
I learned to drive in my mom's Voyager. Same model as your pic.

Not sure, I just know it's very very long and seems wildly impractical, but it actually barely even swings outwards because it uses a really clever double hinge mechanism.

Learn to speed up or buy your own non-van vehicle, mommy's boy

They're lame, which means Veeky Forums likes them since no one else does.

Practical. They're not bought for the aesthetics or driving pleasure.

Especially the American ones. The Chrysler minivans- which basically started minivans as we know 'em, and forced Ford and GM to scramble to make their own- were very closely related to the same K-car platform that underpinned the thousands and thousands of Aries, Reliants and LeBarons.

This is true
My sister has a Ford edge and it's a terrible car to drive
It's fucking huge on the outside and is hard to park
You sit up high so it feels like a bus
More cramped feeling than my Civic
The V6 makes it quick but absolutely no throttle response
Electric everything
The visibility is horrendous
You have to use the back up camera because you can't see out the back
Have to use the lane change sensors because of the massive blind spots
I hate it

Police models don't have roof racks so they can mount the light bars. That's the first thing I look for if I think I'm dealing with an unmarked.

WINNIE VAN

They have lots with roof rails here. A lot of them don't look like the police spec with the steelies, They look like a Civi base trim model. Some are even the higher up trim levels with the roof rails. Sneaky fuckers they are.

I've passed a few with roof rails thinking it's a mom only to see the toughbook then proceeded to shit bricks.

Seconding those seats.

Comfiest bucket seats I have ever sat in. They hold you in just right.

They're great because the drivers accept where they are in life.

Ford Flex drivers are the saddest sacks because "IM NOT A STEREOTYPICAL DAD I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE THREE KIDS IN GRADE SCHOOL" has become such a demographic that Ford was able to successfully market a minivan distorted to look like a nigged out stretch Mini Cooper for 40 somethings in denial.

You're old. I'm old. Young people will get old. Normalfags have kids when they get old. Accept it.

Every time I look at the Flex I like the look a little bit more though desu. reminds me of old big wagons.

I have after getting my licence, you cockmonger.

>Foose plate

I have a hard time calling some minivans minivans. Accord to Wikipedia the pre-facelift Flex was as wide as a full size truck. Dat 365 hp Ecoboost doe.

If you get the extended Aeorostar and take the seats out you can easily fit a couch back there. My mom runs an upholstery shop and hauls shit it one of those.

second that on the mitsubishi sourced V6. what a turd.
Especially coupled to a 4 (!) speed slushbox (!) automatic it takes ages to get up to 70 mph. And then there's the fuel economy that is HALF of what it should be. 18 (!) US mpg. That's simply unacceptable in this day and age.
Interior is pretty nice, and seats are max comfy. And they're spacious which makes them pretty good long-haulers. It's just that drive train that is too outdated. I expect to be able to drive at least 100 mph in the final gear. (it kicks down at 80, killing the fuel consumption even more). 80 is too slow. at least in europe.

My Mitsubishi Van was dope.

>Yeah but no cargo room with the 3rd row up and it's hard to fit anything but your filipino kids in the third row. They can fit a 4x8 sheet which is nice though.

We visited the US and went on a 4 hour road trip from buffalo to lake placid. Rented a town and country and I got shoved in the back because I was the odd one out.

It was pretty comfy despite some head rubbing.

I am 5'11"

>Inb4 manlet. I was taller than 95% of white americans

Minivans are less gay ever since all the soccermoms started driving giant SUVs instead.

>I am 5'11"
>>Inb4 manlet. I was taller than 95% of white americans
Stop letting lanklet memes fuck with you dude.

>amerimutts
>wh*te

This, I want a twin turbo flex just to shit on niccas without warning

Fuck I want one

The longer wheelbase dodge minivans have plenty of room in back even with 3rd row up.

>Are they gay or are they Veeky Forums?
yes

Meh the engine seems pretty solid. Throttle response is good (3.5 cyclone) only commissions are ride qual and noise isolation

Why the FUCK were full-size vans discontinued? Even as shitty as they were, Ford offered something incredibly practical for moving people and cargo. But nope, now we get something designed and built in a third world country with a four-cylinder engine and transverse front drive.

You can still get the Chevy Express with the 6.0, 4.8 or a baby duramax.

Where I live caravans are driven by 50+ year old degents who do a constant 20km over the speed limit, tailgate and weave traffic like they're in a fucking R8.

I don't have a problem with minivans if they're actually being used for their intended purpose, hauling between 4-7 people and/or a ton of stuff.

We have an 04 with just over 270K miles on the clock used as a daily errand runner and for road trips. Most recently went to Reno to relax for a few days and to go shooting before returning to commieforniastan. There aren't a lot of regular passenger vehicles that can haul big-ass pelican cases, multiple range bags, a bowling ball, and luggage for 3 people including the people. The amount of interior space per passenger makes a huge difference as well compared to sedans, hatchbacks, and smaller/older SUVs. It makes multi-day roadtrips to LA or Oregon that much more bearable. Also ended up using it for moving work gear quite a bit.

Performance wise it's kind of stupid to expect a minivan to do anything more than have enough power to move itself and cargo up to 65 mph at a reasonable speed.

I have an 07 Express cargo for work and the paint they used is so damn cheep I can peel handfuls of it off. Good for hauling shit though.

>04 Odyssey

>Passes you on the left

They're awesome, fuck the haters. My Toyota Sienna is great for hauling shit all over the place and can even tow cars.

I want one
>Dat 4g63t

>Shatters your windows as it blows by

Damn dude, nice place.

My childhood was spent in the backseat of one of these things. My parents were on a budget and bought it used from an Enterprise. My dad did all the maintenance on it himself, I remember it so well.

Brings back memories when I still see one on the road. So many Hot Wheels and Legos were played on that back seat.

Coolest part was when we'd take out the middle seat for road trips up into the mountains. Fun times with my siblings.

Say what you want about minivans, but they're arguably the best family hauling road warriors on the road, if maintained right.

Has Chip designed a good wheel? Ever?

Full size shag wagons >>>> soccer mom minivans

Some are acceptable if they are RWD, sadly most are not.

The R-Class Mercedes, Ford Aerostar, Chevy Astro/GMC Safari, and Mazda MPV are Veeky Forums tier minivans, the rest of them are anemic fag wheel drive cuck sleds

I go by the wheels. They always have those black mag wheels with the dog-dish looking center cap

A guy at work had a red one of these with a white roof. Looked like a fucking picnic cooler

>literally teleports behind you

Dont forget that mid engined Toyota that i forget the name of.

Best winter beater tbqh senpai

If you want a car that you and your friends can ride around in and smoke weed or what ever. Then its the best vehicle foe the job.

My evo broke, and i was a poorfag college student so my grandparents were nice enough to let them borrow their van until i could fix it.
I enjoyed it. comfy to drive, could pick up all my buddies, good MPG and lots of storage.
I would drive one again forsure

I think car guys started enjoying minivans after SUVs took their place as the "text and drive while cutting you off mobile".

So the whatever women start driving mobile?

Go to rest boomer, the only good thing HIV did is burying the 70's for good.

pretty much

Absolute shit-tier van
>155 HP from 3.8L V6
>absolutely no way to tell where the front is
>GM
>A FUCKING DUST BIN

The wheels are radical as fuck though

My area's PDs have no deep-covers authorized to perform traffic stops. Not even the Crown Vics or Chargers, since everyone is paranoid about fake cop cars pulling you over and robbing you.

Are there any racing games with dajibans

There is no shame in having the right tool for the job. They are great at hauling kids and their stuff on roadtrips.

Yeah the Previa definitely is also Veeky Forums-approved

now that's what a car from the future looks like

No, THIS is the minivan for the few-cha

looks like a momma twingo

>looks like a momma twingo

>looks like a momma twingo

There's a really, really cheeky unmarked cop around me. It's a red Ford explorer, with roof racks, the lights are hidden freakishly well, and it has either aftermarket or higher trim level wheels. No antennas, nothing to set it apart from a soccer mom that's distinguishable from beyond 20-30 feet. You wouldn't think to watch for red ones, but apparently some departments are that sneaky. Admittedly, I don't think I've ever seen it with someone pulled over.

the tallahassee police used to have a shitty old green chevy lumina undercover car, shit was sneaky as fuck. designed to blend in with the nigs in frenchtown most likely