I just took my Mustang out and hit 210 km/h (130mph). Little sketchy but it felt like it would keep pulling...

I just took my Mustang out and hit 210 km/h (130mph). Little sketchy but it felt like it would keep pulling. I love this engine, it just keeps pulling to redline.

Whats the fastest you've been in your own car?

pic related car in question. 5.0L 6-sp Man 3.73

>bikeu
200 mph
>car
eh like 140 in a chipped 335i

How did the car feel at that speed? Stable?

I've seen an old cobra do 150. A new 5.0 should do a fair amount more than 130.

I've gone about 170 on a gsxr srad 600 with a few mods. Definitely a bit sketchy though as it was a '99 and a in a front end collision, but remained structurally sound nonetheless. I miss that bike

nope

I could feel it moving side to side a bit so I started to back off. I still have my winters on, waiting until April or so before I buy a summer set.

I think it tops out around 160mph or so. I started to backoff as I'm still on my winters and it was getting sketchy as fuck.

lol weak a v6 commodore can do 240kmh with no issues

Cute
I hit 130 in my '17 Sentra SR Turbo before I backed off. Tires are rated for 115 and she wasn't slowing down at 130

My 99 cobra tops out at 163 on gps.
Your car has way more power than mine and a better gearing setup. You can do it.

105 mph or so

But I drive a 4 cylinder, 100 hp, 5-speed 1992 Ford Ranger whose speedo maxes at 85 mph:
I'm guessing based on how far the needle went past the end.

It took about 5 minutes of keeping my foot planted all the way down on the freeway.

>130mph
lol really? I would do that once a day in my GTI. I used to fuck with mustangs a lot when they tried to show off. I would spend most of my drive going above 100.

My old F150 topped out at 99mph, my current CTS (on 89, speed limiter delete) will do 140mph on a v6 about 2/3 the size of that Coyote and with a 5-speed slushbox

American cars have shit for brains gearing.
>make 1st gear 3x that of 2nd!
>5th and 6th will both be overdrives!
>BUT NONE OF THEM WILL BE LESS THAN 63%
>lol final gear?
>2.73
>BITCH.

You bought a Sentra?

Dear god why??

Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever driven an American car. I've been beaten by them but I've never driven one.

110 in my 02 gt. Stock gears. Thinking of doing a turbo build this summer.

110? Mustang GT? Those things do 135 easily.
God damn Veeky Forums PUT YOUR FUCKING FOOT ON THE GAS THIS IS BAT COUNTRY

I ran out of road. Plus it's a 4.6 2v. Not exactly the pinnacle of ford engineering.

are you saying that overhead cams are inferior and the more modern overhead valves are better

It will still do the speed I said at stock gearing. Fuck. You guys make me wanna do a top speed run in my cobra on my way home from work.

Yes? No? Maybe

Terminator?

Nah. Its just a 99 thats falling apart. Im fixing it soon and putting a 28 bias tire on it and a 4.88 gear.
So itll be one of the last times l'll be able to do 160 again.

i‘ve driven my dads vag pos passat with a 2.0 tdi to 220 kmh and it felt kind of stable

165mph in my RX7. It's easily drivable under 145 but after that you're balls deep into 5th gear and it's super fucking sketchy.

I hit 190 km/h in my mom's diesel Ford Focus

80mph

Legitimately quite terrifying

hit the speed governor in my s13 last night (115mph), done 118 in my civic and probably higher in my monte carlo but the speedo only reads to 85

140mph in my Mercedes C Class
120mph in pic related.

185 km/h in my '06 Impala

204 km/h in 4th gear not even redline in a Renault 25. Didn't get to 5th gear, was too afraid of the police.

I can't count the amount of times I've hit the top speed on my corolla. I usually just hit the cruise control at 90 because I don't like the way it revs past that, it's like it wants to stay in third gear.

>mustang
>210km/h
>sketchy
lolwtf, I did 230km/h on my Punto and it was all fine.

145mph(top of 4th gear, shifting into 5th) in my 16 camaro ss.

car had plenty left in it, but road conditions changed.

well, my car is on the left. please explain yourself.

163mph in my Focus ST.

Did 130 in a 2014 with the cyclone 3.7. Manual, 3.73s, solid driveshaft. Was turning 4k rpm in 6th, reckon she would've pulled to 160 but the balance on my tires was shit and every interior panel was buzzing so I backed off.

I went like 125 in my gto, still had a bunch of pull left but I had to slow down bc traffic

150 in the vette, that’s the very top of 4th. Never had enough road to really want to stretch out 5th as most of local freeways are densely populated at any time and are shit/sketchy. Geared to only hit 176, hopefully can top out this summer.

There is nothing wrong with that, the Shelby gt500 has that gearing and its stupid fast, tall gearing is not a problem when you have a shitton of power.

Get better tires holly Shit, I've done that in my V6 and it feels pretty solid, but I use the stock Pirelis that came with the car.

130mph, 2008 Subaru Legacy. Ended up getting some air in the process. I was racing my buddy, he has a beautiful 3000gt.

Maxed out my roadmaster at 111, when the electronic limited kicks in. I want to see how fast it would go without though.

good to know

>18572885
125 mph top speed in my Z

125 mph in my stock civic si, but once the speed limiter is removed, factory set at ~134, it should break 140.