Why I should buy a Focus RS

I need a new car Veeky Forums so tell me why I should buy a Focus RS.

Previous car history: Avalon XLS 2001, Merc E320 2003, BMW 335iS 2012. I need something that will driver better than the Beemer I had but depreciate less. I fuckin loved that car, but some Pajeet sideswiped me and it was a total loss.

I'll be using this thing to commute to work. I lived in China for a couple of years and drove stick in shitty traffic there so the fact the RS is stick only won't bother me. I live in SoCal so every weekend is a canyon cruise weekend.

I know about the headgasket issues. I will be picking up a post June 2017 production or a 2018 model which as far as I know have a new headgasket design.

Please tell me why I should get this car. Budget is 40k ish, and this seems the best choice for an enthusiast car at this price range. I don't like the Mustang/Camero/Challenger. I don't like how the STI has such an old engine still, though I will consider it along with the Golf GTI or Golf R.

Other suggestions welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nan3LURIq3k
caranddriver.com/comparisons/2017-ford-focus-rs-vs-2017-honda-civic-type-r-comparison-test-2017-ford-focus-rs-page-2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You shouldnt you idiot. Theyre actually pretty slow.
I beat them on digs and rolls everytime they come out.

If you want an expensive hot hatch with a lot of badges and a drivetrain that isnt really necessary. Get it.
Or for a 4th the price. Get a mazdaspeed 3.

Civic type R, it's just as gaudy as the FoRS but much more reliable

And also much more riced

What do you drive when you say you beat them?

>digs and rolls. Why would I care about straight line performance in this type of a car?

>turbocharged type r
That's sacrelige and you know it

I cant stand the looks of the Civic. The RS or STI is about as gaudy as I can deal with.

If you didn't turbo your own 90's Civic then you don't rice.

get the 335is
The true modern supra

A normal one maybe but not a fucking Type R. The only acceptable FI for a Type R is supercharging

I only had like 35k miles on mine before it got totaled. The clutch pack (7 speed wet dual) was starting to go. I don't feel comfortable picking up a used one anymore.

On the other hand, I might consider BMW again. If used I'd go 335i / N54 engine. If new I am considering the M2 though that is a significant step up in price from a Focus RS.

Don't be a daft cunt and go for a fucking test drive rather than asking autists on here with their hive mind mentality. Go and test drive and see for yourself

Focus RS
>has shitty block/headgasket design which will result in catastrophic failure sooner or later
>diff overheats

Civic Type R
>transmission grinds
>overheats
>doesn't rev match properly

lol

you should consider the cheaper M240i too

ffs, quoted the wrong post.
Meant

Fucking, this.
Get a feel for the car, the new ones don't have head gasket problems, supposedly only 2016/early 2017 ones did.
Also: the drift button won't make you into Keiichi Tsuchiya.

I had a very similar selection few weeks ago. I selected STI because of how solid it works as a complete car together. Also I hate how the driver's mirror is divided in two parts in Focus RS.

Brand new MY17 Chevy SS.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nan3LURIq3k

You dont have the balls to buy an RS.

The type r is the better hot hatch the focus rs gets BTFO on the track, the ride quality won't beat you up like the rs, also the turning radius is shit on the rs and not to mention engine problems on it

it's a Ford, so dont.

besides, it sounds like a lawn mower being powered by sesame oil.

Is there any other non-FWD 5-door hot hatch in production? Living on top a steep hill means FWD can't get home when it snows, even on brand new winter tires.

Just get a brand new Miata and spend the rest of the money ricing/supercharging/turboing it.

BMW 1er. haha..hah..ha..

this meme needs to die

This

Get a mustang, money well spent.

I would never buy the Ford because the engine design results in blown headgaskets. They are trying to fix it and make it work but its unfixable. They can only try to hide the problem as long as possible.
This is not new, its exactly what happened with the old 2.5 H4 Subarus, but these Fords, from what i've heard, its even worse.

I wouldn't go for a Civic Type R either just because of the way they look now, maybe next gen. If you want a hothatch i would say to check the Mercedes A45 AMG. I'm not sure if they are reliable, but i've not heard anything yet and they are out there for a while now... so thats maybe a good sign. Research about it

ITT dumbshits don't realize that the RS's with blown headgaskets were due to a mixup at the factory from installing Mustang Ecoboost headgaskets (which are different from the RS). Its not the block design retards, watch Matt Farah's latest videos.

This is why nobody should buy an RS until at least two years of working out bugs and seeing how well it hold up

rs/s3?

so now it's gonna be Mustangs blowing up instead?

Missing out on 450hp kek

Mustangs dont run 350hp in their 4cyls

no, they do 'only' 290hp.. thanks for confirming it's the same.

Why an n54 and not n55?

>This is why nobody should buy any new car until at least two years of working out bugs and seeing how well it hold up

I have parts in my garage for N54 - a few thousand dollars worth. So if I go back to BMW I'll get N54.

On the RS head gasket issue, I don't think its as bad as people make it out to be. The engines produced pre June 2017 are the only ones that have failed, with cars after that production date receiving a new headgasket design.

If I don't go for a hothatch, maybe something with 2 doors or even a sedan, I don't see anything else as performance oriented for the same amount of money. Mustangs / Chevy just arent my thing. Sure, I can go Audi / Merc / BMW, but that would mean paying 10-20k more in premium + depreciation for the same performance.

Since I'll be buying the car new, I don't want to modify too heavily. Bolt on parts that wouldn't affect reliability are about as aggressive as I want to go. No E85 tune / meth or water injection / or the like for me. That means no Miata, no used rice car to mod.

>a modern BMW
>ever

BMW died after the E36. They have been fat pretenders ever since.

Ford products are trash.

No, fuckwit, the Focus RS has a completely different head design from the Mustangs 2.3L. The Mustang headgaskets are similar enough to fit on the RS but fail in short order. The RS's that received the proper head gasket from the factory have no history of failure. There was a mix up at either the parts supplier or when the gaskets where received at the engine assembly plant and several RS motors where assembled using Mustang gaskets and now we are seeing the fruits of that fuck up. Yes it sucks, but that doesnt mean all RS's are faulty. Shit happens.

The Civic rides better and is a more comfortable/streetable car to be in if its a daily driver.

caranddriver.com/comparisons/2017-ford-focus-rs-vs-2017-honda-civic-type-r-comparison-test-2017-ford-focus-rs-page-2