German car makers were gassing monkeys

>[In 2014] Ten monkeys squatted in airtight chambers, watching cartoons for entertainment as they inhaled fumes from a diesel Volkswagen Beetle.
>German automakers had financed the experiment in an attempt to prove that diesel vehicles with the latest technology were cleaner than the smoky models of old.
>The Beetle provided by Volkswagen had been rigged to produce pollution levels that were far less harmful in the lab than they were on the road.
>The results were being deliberately manipulated.

Holy fucking christ you can't make this shit up.

nytimes.com/2018/01/25/world/europe/volkswagen-diesel-emissions-monkeys.html

Other urls found in this thread:

autobild.de/artikel/vw-abgasskandal-aktuelle-news-und-updates-6077591.html
theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jan/27/dirty-money-review-netflix-alex-gibney-vw
nytimes.com/2017/12/06/business/oliver-schmidt-volkswagen.html
hooktube.com/watch?v=YSj4hItnZHU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Germans and their gas chambers, amirite fella's?

You were supposed to be gassing kikes.

>The Albuquerque monkey research, which has not been previously reported, is a new dimension in a global emissions scandal that has already forced Volkswagen to plead guilty to federal fraud and conspiracy charges in the United States and to pay more than $26 billion in fines.

This is pretty scary.

They NOT ONLY started the dieselgate to cheat and fraud for their own incompetence, nope, they also harmed animals for a study (the scientists were unaware of that) that basically justified the whole dieselgate at the eyes of the public.

>Our cars really are green, our monkeys were fine after exhaling the fumes from our engines
>real world emissions are x5000 times worse

People in Europe is already dying for this.

Spread this shit. They have to pay.

>calibrated gas detectors are a few hundred dollars
>use monkeys instead

lmao what the fuck

Germans have to go gas something every couple generation or else they get antsy and start reformations.

Gas detectors wasn't the issue. It's the greenies that keep saying cars are so poisonous the Germans came up with this test to prove them wrong. It did prove them wrong but now greenies can claim the car was faked

Did they make them wear little yellow stars and take showers beforehand?

>Germans came up with this test to prove them wrong

No they did this because they were far away from the competitors in terms of engines technology so they had to stage all this shit only because at the time they only had heavily polluting engines that did not meet euro 5 regulamentations.

But there's more, they could only have faked the pollution during EPA tests with Euro 4 ECU tune for normal use, but no...they had to completely bypass the antipollution system so that the car was both running better and consuming less diesel (and you know why at this point) with the only "little" downgrade of polluting x5000 times more.

In Europe we're full of VW because they completely jewed the car industry, medias and car related medias...they're all sold to them.

They took massive advantages over the competition because they claimed they have the so called green eco friendly engines, so they took governments funds (as eco-incentives) and shat over their opponents (like Mazda and their non retarded downsized 2.2 skyactive-D engines).

Meanwhile real eco friendly cars like the hybrid Toyotas were ignored and (((journalists))) deliberately spread misinformation on these cars to lead normies buying diesel cars...

VAG SHOULD BE GASSED.

I truly hope this time they get heavily fucked in the ass to the point FCA will buy them for a laughable amount of money.

>exposing these chimps to diesels fumes will surely improve public perception!

If they were so confident in clean diesel they should've gassed themselves.

Diesel fumes are well known for causing cancer especially in any industry work.
that is why it is your employers duty of care to make sure people are not exposed to the fumes.
i literally know people that have died specifically because of diesel fumes..

when did this ever seem like a good idea?

When the (((European union))) (aka the Germany) first massively pushed for the diesel everywhere and not happy then pushed even more for the DPF/FAP scam.

Here in Italy cities are full of diesel cars, it's fucking gross, when you walk in central areas you can clearly smell the putrid air (thanks god I live in the outskirts) and everything looks gray...however the hybrids are becoming more and more popular, so let's hope for a massive "hybridisation" of cities.

But VAG fucks are now pushing the electric cars (and of course so is doing European Union) so everybody can magically forget about the dieselgate.

>be europe
>make the best cars
>everyone drives a piece of shit diesel
This world is too ironic for me

>gassing niggers
Wtf I love VAG now

kek, seems VW can't let go of their roots

It's a victimless crime get over it. The monkeys didn't die, the earth didn't die.

>tfw the government won't let you drive around in your mobile Holocauster9000 to gas kikes on the fly
>so the only legal way to get your fix is by stuffing monkeys in a cage and pumping neutered diesel fumes into their face for 67 hours until they die of boredom

We can't measure the effect it's had on millions of people all over Europe, the cars in their "dirty setting" could very well be responsible for thousands of cases of cancer and deaths. This shit should be taken seriously, VAG is pure fucking scum.

Yes we can. It's caused irreversible brain damage, leading to self-destructive tendencies. They are now addicted to being raped and import millions of unwashed murdering savages every year.

The jets, semis and cargo ships spew far more than a 1.0 liter VW beetle

So they convinced a few niggers to sit in their cars and inhale fumes?

I don't see a problem with this.

remember to report all /pol/ shitposts

Nice meme

I still am buying a GTI.

>NY times
How about a reliable news source next time op?

Whats wrong with thiss?

There is nothing wrong with harming animals for scientific research.

Why not just do the tests on poor people instead of hurting animals?
not like we don't have billions of poor people we can use for experiments.
even means we get better scientific data because ya know... the tests are being done on people...

i wouldnt expect a medicine developed by working on mice to work as well for dogs kinda thing.

>Ten monkeys squatted in airtight chambers, watching cartoons for entertainment as they inhaled fumes from a diesel Volkswagen Beetle.

kek this reads like satire. but then again journalists are retards and would probably fall for something like this

We test hundreds of thousands of monkeys every year. Anything from medicine to shampoo and makeup. They get a good life of Disney movies and fresh fruit. Then they are put down after the test is concluded. This shouldn't be news to anyone.

>/pol/

This is car related since many of you idiots are still giving these scum your money and recommending their cars here.

Go cry elsewhere.

It's an English article you dip.

Also the German article says that it's not Volkswagen alone but Mercedes (Daimler) and BMW are involved too.

German car makers are a fucking cartel.

autobild.de/artikel/vw-abgasskandal-aktuelle-news-und-updates-6077591.html

>trials with humans were also discussed
No need to, we get those every day in our city centers.

I think i will avoid VAG after hearing about that shit. Monkey are cool and gassing them to justify your retarded diesel engines is not something i want to support.

Daimler said that they didn't know about this some time ago.

So glad I never fell for diesels

Gassing the wrong niggers desu they should have setup giant diesels in biodomes too gas Africans

>try to gas all of humanity with diesels
>get caught
>gas monkeys instead
They cant control their urges

How long will this bullshit go on until they finally ban diesels? At this point everyone knows that they are dirty engines, just walk into any European city center and you can smell the diesel fumes.

I seriously hope VAG will be fucked so hard in the ass that they'll have to sell all their brands for dirt cheap.

>mfw

i saw this in a new netflix documentary series. in the doc, they show how VW set up a shell company in the US to “prove” diesel fumes weren’t that harmful. their first test design was to have an exhaust go into a room with a person on a bicycle and see how much it would fuck the person up but they cancelled when they realized how fucked up it would look to build an actual gas chamber and that the person could get like brain damage.

so instead, they put monkeys in glass boxes and had them watch cartoons for 4 hours while an exhaust tube from a car was fed into the box. they then took blood from the monkeys and scraped their lungs for chemical shit and claimed they didn’t kill them. and the test wasn’t used for anything in the end anyway.

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jan/27/dirty-money-review-netflix-alex-gibney-vw

I would be so happy if Audi became independent again. They made some seriously nice cars before VAG bought them.

Which complete idiot came up with this idea? Hey they don't like that our diesels spew out toxins, lets prove them wrong by gassing a bunch of monkeys.

They didn't really exist before VW bought them, unless you count Auto Union and NSU.

Huh, for some reason i thought they were bought in the 90s. Did they have more autonomy before? They didn't really share platforms in the past right?

i think the doc said it was this guy:

>The sentence, including a fine of $400,000, was imposed by Judge Sean F. Cox in Federal District Court in Detroit four months after Mr. Schmidt, 48, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the federal government and to violating the Clean Air Act. The sentence was in line with the prosecution’s recommendation.

nytimes.com/2017/12/06/business/oliver-schmidt-volkswagen.html

how comes everyone is just joining the normies' emission fraud circlejerk
while ignoring the amazing revelation that monkeys don't mind being gassed as long as they can watch their cartoons

The first 2 generations of VW Passat were basically wagon versions of the Audi 80. Even had AWD (Syncro) options available.
This also means the B2 Passat and Sport Quattro are two different versions of the same car, the B2 80.

And quite a few successful VW engines were designed by Audi.

But why using monkeys when you can actually use humans like life sentences murderers and subhumans of every kind?

Just take some random gipsies and gas them for "science".

Nodoby would give a fuck and if they do you just gas them and everybody will be happy.

I agree, those monkeys did nothing to deserve this. Just grab some degenerates from a prison and gas them for science.

At least someone in Germany is taking care of the refuge problem

wait

Monkeys like watching cartoons?

seriously what the fuck

hooktube.com/watch?v=YSj4hItnZHU

the monkeys were trained to like watching cartoons, idk how

>monkeys

These are just Chinese people you racist moron

can someone cool confirm?
this winter after work it started to snow and we were driving home in an iveco truck. we arrived till a hill but couldn't go ang further because if snow, time roads.
the guy put it in 2 gear while i was at the back trying to push, but i didn't notice the exhaust was right under me. i inhaled anything coming out of the exhaust for about 5-10min. later i felt the diesel a bit and had a bit of a headache.

>Implying you can afford anything nice with the Italian insurance/tax system

Im sorry user, but the guy you pushed was secretly an agent from VAG.

This wasn't scientific research, this was a marketing stunt

This is partially true, but then explain to me why most of our retarded fellows Italians keep buying diesel over everything even if they don't really need it.

I drove a Golf 1.6 tdi and it was the biggest piece of shit I've ever driven in the last years, on top of that it only had 5 gears which were massively long.

Then I drove a Leon with the 1.4 tsi (125 hp) and it was very nice, even if from a C segment you may want at least 140-150 hp ideally...but still, a better experience than the piece of shit diesel.

"MUH DIESEL IS 0,10€ CHEAPER AT THE PUMP" doesn't count.

That's their reasoning, I don't understand it either, but from what I heard from my father, people in the 80's believed it was the future, at least here in Italy

seems germans cant stay away from gassing nonhumans

Who gives a shit if they cheated some bullshit "pollution" tax.

Also, Monkeys are literally no better than niggers.

It was "true" in the first 2000s when we had absolutely shitty NA euro 4 engines that were castrated like hell, high consumptions and low power/torque.

People started going on turbodiesels because muh torque and muh power (keep in mind that since the 80s there was the mentality that "big" displacements equals big insurance costs so nobody bought 2.0/2.5 petrol engines, let alone V6...this was true year and years ago, not in the last 20 years for sure) were actually better than the average 1.4/1.6 petrol engine. Also turbo petrol engines were only reserved to performance cars with necessarily high fuel consumptions.

I had a 1.2 turbo petrol car, 105 hp, and people kept asking me how much fuel it was consuming. 15 km/l on average seemed like a bullshit to them...

With that said, at the end of 2000s we started having turbo petrols in normal cars, with low consumptions and today they're even better even in the meme downsizing form but nodoby buys them again.

Thanks god at least we have hybrids...

>I'm glad that a foreign company steals my taxes

You filthy idiot should be banned from voting

diesel is not only 10 cent cheaper, it is also twice as economical in autostrada and infinitely more economical in city driving because higher torque and higher gearing translates to lower revs.
The engine also lasts for many more miles.
Its slow but so fucking what.

Don't act like your 125hp benzine piece of shit is fast either.
That's less HP than my Alfa twincam from 1970's.
That's less HP than a base model benzene Mercedes from 1991

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

It also stinks and sounds like a tractor. On top of that you can't even rev it out. Diesel is for faggots who only have a car as an appliance.

seriously, i'm worried how damage did i cause myself?

Lung cancer in 10 years

Ehh its probably not that bad. As long as you're not coughing or feeling ill i wouldn't worry about it. Imagine how much garbage a smoker puts in his lungs every day, and most of them make it to 60.

This doesn't effect my future buying decisions at all. I'll still buy VW cars.

lololol

dumb badgewhore

Come on man, do you hate monkeys?

butthurt gm fangirl

>implying

I drive an hybrid and I don't give a fuck about consumptions since I average 21-22 km/l every single day. On the highway it's either 19 to 20,5 km/l @ 120/130 km/h.

And I have all the torque I need always.

reported for hatespeech.

>Trusting G*rmans ever

thanks

what car has a 1.2 turbo?
also nice digits

My ex Seat Ibiza SC FR, with the 1.2 TSI.

Diesels in the UK are the most difficult meme for me to process.
>Cost more to buy
>Up until around 2004 or so the tax band for most diesels was HIGHER
>The fuel costs significantly more than petrol
>Always got worse emmisions at an MOT
>Maintenance is more expensive
>Country is so tiny compared to how it looks on a map and most journeys aren't long enough for higher mpg to matter that much.
>Small British petrol engines like the A series got 45+ mpg anyway

Here in Italy people buy diesel engines to communte 10-20 km per day...then they go bitching at the dealership because the engine servicing alarm pops up for the forced DPF regeneration because they drive only in the city.

It's hilarious because they actually drive the diesel in a manner that is not supposed to be driven (very short commutes, city driving only at extremely low speeds, many start and stops) and you can read and hear them crying over their car supposed "unreliability".

Do you think they switch to petrol/hybrid then? Nope, they still keep buying the diesel.

There are proper ways of using animals for research that factor what amount of pain or suffering they'll experience vs what the benefit of the research will be. Shit like that isn't research, and it harms the view of actual animal research in the eyes of the public.

Getting approval to use non-human primates in research is exceptionally difficult now. Maybe in China they still use them, but I'd very surprised to hear about products being tested on monkeys in the developed world.

Speaking of "Dieselgate" (i hate the fact that we use -gate for shit, its fucking retarded)
>company gets rid of anti-polution device so customers get better MPG
I dont see a problem with this at all.

yeah monkeys dont reproduce fast enough for us to torture them properly. mice FTW.

The problem is that they are harming non-customers by destroying air-quality. Just go to any European city center, the diesel stench is everywhere.

Oh someone found out what the EU is finally

The popularity of diesel in Europe and America should be switched around if people actually thought about their purchases.

I care?
I drive a diesel truck. gets better mpg than if i had a gas truck. thats all i care about

Mice would've been completely fine for this test, i don't understand why they used Monkeys.

how can you do this to an animal that watches CARTOONS for entertainment??

literally nigger-tier thinking

I'm not sure the average American gives a fuck about fuel consumptions when they have dirt cheap fuel and big engines everywhere.

Apart from that, they can always buy a Prius or a hybrid Lexus for that.

The only means of transport that should be diesel are: agricultural machines, trucks and construction machines.

Because I like to be cheap and save money? Because I dont give 2 shits about the environment? And because I have literally no feelings whatsoever?

Another question: do the fumes get the monkeys high so they enjoy even more the cartoon?

People that deliberately create damage for the environment should be jailed.