just finished the first stage, now i must ascend to the the second stage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCk8DS3FSWZ-mpHlQHae6QGw
youtu.be/z1_aJXOg01o?list=PLgr1cUXXOnAvVFTE9IE_fHGdPoKiZVyQL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The plot gets worse as the animation get better

The cars start growing wings when the animation peaks

example?

yeah, in the 1st episode of the 2nd stage, the texture for the levin did load properly for a few frames

Is this show even worth watching. I've never seen it

Fifth stage is beyond sutism, the rest is good

Autism*

>

READ

THE

MANGA

sure, if you like actual street racing and cars and not just watching it for the "funny eurobeat gas gas gas running in the 90s inertia drift meme", then i recommend it

>66
3rd stage movie is peak.

4th stage is the scooby - do stage
the music is at the peak here.

+1

Is there an order to watch/episodes to skip or just start at first stage and plow throughout

Obiously from the beggining fucking faggot what's your problem

the latter, as far as i know

cool it dude, he's just asking

I'm sorry user I'm new to anime :(

Sorry

YOU gO WATCH INITIAL DYOU, dont be a dick, jeez

Initial d is for faggots and I've never even watched it.

how can you say that without even watching it

because its the internet, where even the mouthbreathers can have a voice

If you like cars, watch intial d. You dont even have to like anime the show is much more than that.

Wish they made more seasons was alot if fun to watch. Start with stage 1 and stick with it show gets better as it progresses.

but, you need to at least watch it before you make an actual fact-based opinion on it

And then you stop because the show starts getting extremely dumb and it's not worth putting up with.

Initial D is like this

>First stage
holy shit this amazing, it's a bit unrealistic but who cares, this is pretty nice
>Second stage
Less action packed but all the technical stuff is pretty neat, really enjoyed Wataru
>Third Stage
this is perfection, they even made the drama with the girl cool because it turned into a race
>Fourth Stage
Wow, Keisuke and Takumi sure win a lot. These races are pretty short. Purple Shadow is cool but I knew they weren't gonna win.
>Fifth stage
wow I sure enjoy seeing 1 turn an episode
>Final Stage
I'm sure glad they made an entire stage for this 16 y/o to flip out for a long time
>extra stage
wow that sure wasn't interesting
>extra stage 2
wow I love watching cuckoldry when the guy himself is doing it
>battle stage 1 and 2
I love removed dialogue
>Black Lightning
it's a good thing I like Shingo and Takeshi's voice because this is a whole lot of nothing if you consider he disappears after second stage

Be aware that it keeps getting worse from here, although in my opinion it's still worth watching. Plus there's a lot of good Eurobeat in the later stages

Takumi finds out Mogi's a thot

The first stage you can feel that magic, but it starts to fade away the more you go in.
Eventually it'll become extremely boring, no matter what the plot armor will make dagumi and keisuke win, no matter what - you're going to see how much bullshit those winnings actually are.

Also you'll see ryosuke defending to death his new housbando dagumi.

Just finished 1st to 4th stage in 3 days. Full steam ahead onto Bullshit Stage.

You really do have nothing better to do?

absolutely nothing

Pretty much this. Obviously its better to watch the whole series, but after you're done you'd wish you never went beyond 3rd stage.

>watch the new movie
>no eurobeat
absolutely positively DROPPED LIKE A SACK OF SHIT

>They didn't call it first gear, second gear, third gear [...]
Missed opportunity

Initial D is mediocre, all seasons considered. Wangan Midnight is superior.

>i go fast in straight line
>OH NO MY ENGINE EXPLODE XD
>repeat every single episode
i came here to laugh at you

>muh plot armour
>muh aura
>muh wings
Man, Initial D became a fucking joke.

initial d
>starts good
>slowly progresses to shit over the course of 15 years
wangan midnight
>starts shit
>stays shit

I like Wangan. Apart from that retarded "muh haunted car," it's pretty """realistic."""

Oh, and it's certainly more Veeky Forums related than Initial D, since it's actually about cars, not about a autistic fag running on gutters.

>retarded "muh haunted car"
But it's the best part. I love creepy car stories.

Retarded in the sense that it's not that realistic. But yes, it adds to the story.

initial d isnt about cars

It isn't.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>people actually like wangan midnight
pic couldnt be more related

you could have provided arguments, but instead you just posted a funny image. Good job retard.

Wangan Midnight is terrible, it starts out strong with the whole Devil Z thing, but then it suddenly likes the driver and doesn't want to kill him anymore? And then you have a bunch of boring races with forgettable characters (I don't even know how most of them are called), which basically go
>"I will defeat the Devil Z!"
>race starts
>unclear race where you don't know what's going on
>the other guy pussies out and lets the Z win
>repeat
Initial D was a bit repetitive, but nothing as bad as this

>but then it suddenly likes the driver and doesn't want to kill him anymore?
I agree it was better as a haunted car story, but if you paid attention the transition is clear. As soon as he gets the real key from the retarded sister, the car stops trying to kill him.
Also you're definitely either a genuine brainlet or you really didn't pay attention. The races aren't real races like in Initial D, they're always some way for the contender to deal with their life issues. Remember in 4th stage, the guy with Eunos Roadster who had trouble letting go races and marrying his gf ? Every race in Wangan in like this, it even has an almost clone in the guy who spends his savings to buy the R32 ?
The point is clear, there's no definite winner on the Wangan. It's a continuous arms race for more powerful cars, and you can only hold on, sacrificing everything else, or drop out.

Quit while you're ahead. 4th stage SHOULD be fucking amazing but it gets really tiring and by the time you get to the Cappuccino Rain Race you're going to wish you'd just stopped at the end of Stage 1. If you HAVE to watch just one episode, make it Episode 6: Blind Attack, as it represents everything right and wrong with the show in the best ways possible.

if youre gonna get up to fifth stage just watch the super cuts done by xagy, they actually bring the races to be entertaining like first stage
youtube.com/channel/UCk8DS3FSWZ-mpHlQHae6QGw

>tfw you will never be able to watch first stage for the first time again.

watch the Legend movie as well, no eurobeat but the animation is absolutely amazing, i think im gonna have to pick up a physical copy

I've watched like 11 episodes of Wangan Midnight and I feel you. It isn't memorable.
Initial D have some substance at least, but Wangan the only thing is zeddo.

You have seen the zeddo, I wanna race the zeddo, I need to try the zeddo, you feel me zeddo, I wanna fuck your exhaust pipe zeddo
god damnt

I feel you

I got up through the cappuccino and stopped

can't watch this shit anymore

>this whole thread

>no eurobeat
Whats the point then?

first stage is great
second stage is great
third stage is great
fourth stage is meh apart from god hand and foot
fifth stage is shit apart from the grim reaper race and final race
final stage is pretty meh
both extra stages are mako
and battle stages are kino
legends is dogshit

yea i guess if you only like Initial D because of the eurobeat it will be a problem

I don't like it only because of the eurobeat, but it wouldn't even be half as good without it.

>initial D extra T H I C C stage

>Todo
>Scumbag evo's
>Purple shadow

4th stage has its moments

The asspulls in 4th stage and beyond is just absurd.
And what the fuck is with final stage? That was garbage.

holy shit, i just created a thread that went from "hey i finished the first stage, how about that?" to "INITIAL D IS TRASH AFTER THE SECOND STAGE AND WANGAN MIDNIGHT IS BETTER BUT STILL SHIT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT"

Of course it did, where the fuck do you think you are?

>watch first stage
>love it
>watch second stage with nu animation
>don't really care

anyone else

Bad animation, bad voice acting, bad pacing, boring races, dumb plot

Show is garbage, I really wanted to like it but its nowhere near initia d

read who said it. Wangan Midnight focuses on why people race and how much it costs them, and also is more techincal than Initial D which is literally "oh let's race because I want to be the best".

I am like 4 episodes into the second stage and the magic that the first one had is nowhere to be found and I highly doubt it will get better.

I will keep watching it because I suppose there will still be some cool scenes here and there, animation I know it gets better by some clips from later seasons that I have seen, but to be honest as of now, I kind of wish they never made anything else after 1st stage. The show could had perfectly ended there and it would be a great memory to hold onto (still is don't get me wrong).

>not being hype as fuck when Bunta talks about the new engine
Maybe something's wrong with you.

Oh I really want to see what's ahead don't get me wrong, maybe this stage just has a slow start and it gets much better later. I will only be able to tell after I finish it user pls don't judge me :(

/thread

Just watch to third stage, I tried watching fourth stage, got to episode 4. It just isn't the fucking same 1 to 3 is fucking G.O.A.T. though

God Hand and God Foot are pretty cool. The rest of fourth stage is pretty bad though.

I've heard, I just can't justify wasting hours to watch 4 episodes though

Honestly you're not missing much. The only thing i can remember after Stage 3 is the Cappucino guy, those two and the bullshit ending.

First stage is maximum comfy
youtu.be/z1_aJXOg01o?list=PLgr1cUXXOnAvVFTE9IE_fHGdPoKiZVyQL

I dunno, the imposters episode was pretty good too.

the first thing you will notice is that Ryosuke will drastically change hairstyles at every stage for some reason

The show also drastically changes in art style after the 1st stage, and there are minor changes at each stage after that (the most glaring being Ryosuke's hair)

2nd-3rd stages are short and very similar, serving as a bridge between stage 1 and stage 4 where the real action begins

4th stage then has Keitsuke become just as much of a protagonist as Takumi, and the sub-plots are almost completely removed, its 95% just racing from there on.

5th and final stage are like a rushed shorter 4th stage with crappier pacing and weird unrealistic shit

Also the eurobeat never quite reaches first stage levels, but it gets close in stage 4

i'd rate the stages like this from best to worst personally

1: First Stage
2: Fourth Stage
3: Second/Third
4: Fifth/Final

I wish they had kept the same production quality for 5th stage as they did in 4th stage, it really feels rushed at times, even though the animations are better.

4th stage is arguably the best in most ways, but by then Takumi is more like a professional racer, and so in my opinion it doesn't beat the epicness of first stage and seing Takumi's sudden arrival on the racing scene

I think you're pretty on point. Theres a massive gap between Second/Third and Fifth/Final though. The last race was a complete disappointment.

Oh yes, since Takumi and Keitsuke's opponents beyond 1st stage are often almost as skilled as he is, if not more, there are quite a few utter bullshit wins that should have been losses.

Namely, the races against Kogashiwa, Sakamoto,Taichi, God Foot and God Hand should have been losses but muh plot armor, especially against Taichi and God Hand, jesus those were pure BS wins

Final stage is literally the second coming of the tofu boi, it was like seeing the first stage in reverse.

The last race is maybe the biggest pile of shit of the whole anime

The final race against shinji is goes from plot armor to full on deus-ex machina

you forgot to mention everyone looks more and more like Takumi.
Final stage is hyper enraging because he lost fair and square to Shinji, who's a better AE86 autist than Takumi. Bonus points for hitting on Mako and Saiyuki.

Shinji's definitely not better, he just knows the track by heart and has the perfect line

He's very obviously meant to remind us of Takumi from stage 1 racing on Akina

Having an earlier version of himself as his ultimate rival is supposed to show how far he has gone and how much better of a racer he has become

In fact he only manages to win because of skills he acquired throughout the series, like the line-copying, blind-attack, and the last ditch over-rev

however, the final episodes were poorly written and made Takumi look like he sucked early on, while making him seem overpowered near the end. Also, as per Stage 5, the pacing was crap, and there were too much random unrelated scenes injected in the middle of the race, along with many shots of the cars just driving with nothing happening

Extra Stage 2 was alright, considering Iketani got practically no screentime during 4th and 5th Stage.
That was the only episode that felt close to the really good SOL stuff from 1st Stage. Wish there was more of that instead of boring Project D tryhard nonsense.

Ryosuke made it clear from the first episode in stage 1 that his goal is to conquer Kanto and become a legend, so Project D was in the making a lot before stage 4, in fact, it might as well be called RedSuns 2.0

Why am I seeing this pasta everywhere now?

>tfw Black Lightning is the closest thing to a Night Kids spinoff we'll ever get
I liked it more than I thought I would desu

Because the tripshit invasion is in full force

Just gonna throw this out there, that First and Second stage were the best. Final Stage was alright too, I guess.

>Watch first stage
>A while later, spend 60+ hours racing down mount akina in assetto Corsa so you really know the track like the back of your hand
>Watch first and second stage again
Closest I got

I've tried watching it, didn't get passed episode 7. I found it really annoying that it would cut away from a race to show what the spectators were saying about it. I hate padding like that like that. Maybe I'll give it another try. Maybe.

I have watched the entire series 5 times. It's awesome the whole way through.

it's safe to say that wangan midnight has worse animation than even initial d
also it's pretty boring

I couldn't get into wangan once they started talking about the demon car or whatever, and I don't find the Z very nice to look at. I couldn't make it more than 3 episodes.

I honestly wish Initial D had an antagonist like what Martinez was in Hajime no Ippo. Someone who is literally invincible and even beats tofuboy consistently due to experience and different racing techniques. Nakazato would've made for the perfect foil, as he was all about grip driving and had a legitimately fast car, but he was relegated to the guy who always spins out because it's ironic. oh and he also lost because dagumi passed on the only point of the course that didn't have a guard rail, a course chosen specifically because there were few passing zones, and ironically hits the guardrail himself

It's also worth noting that Nakazato was the first, and only, time Dagumi ever raced against a car significantly more powerful than his, and also had the highest displacement at 2.6L. After that it was just more 4 cylinder shitboxes with the occasional turbo until he raced against misfaiaringu shisutemu man, at which point he got a 250HP NA race engine which can keep up with the same 4 cylinder shitbox engines from before.

If you dont have an ounce of weeb blood in your body then you wont enjoy it.

But since you're here, you're probably weaboo, and you will love it.

If youre not weaboo and you post here often, you're probably reddit cancer and should go back.

Anyone else notice the characters ears have layers that make it look like they got onion ears?

Now that you bring this pic up, that reminds me.

In the end of Stage 2, Ryosuke implied that Nakazato and Shingo were going to join his team, but said that it was up to them to accept. Those two disappeared completely, but we have these two guys who look like them tagging along with Brojecto B. Did they have an identity change or some shit?