If there were inexpensive mid-engine sports cars on the market, like the mr2 or fiero, would you buy one?

If there were inexpensive mid-engine sports cars on the market, like the mr2 or fiero, would you buy one?

no. no one would. they didn't then and they wouldn't now.

Hell yea brother! I'm in the market for a fiero right now

If they were on the same tier as a Fiero, hell no. if they were like the ZZW30 or maybe something like a Alfa 2C with a 1.4T then yeah.

No because im poor

If they were built like the AW11 on release yes.
If they were built like the Fiero on release fuck no.

i just mean in terms of a mass produced car that most people could afford

The thing is, people who buy affordable cars need practical shit like sedans and hatchbacks because they can't afford a car that's just for fun driving.
And people that can aren't going to buy a mid-engined car because it's affordable because that's not a concern for them.
It's a concept with no market.

Depends on the price range. If they were priced similarly to, say, new Imprezas or new Corollas, I guess? It depends on the quality of car, if you started making 90s MR2s again I would just buy an old one and fix it, but if you made Impreza price range new NSXes sure as shit I would be on it. I don't think it would be the most profitable venture though.

I was considering an Fiero over an MR2, you seem to know more about it, are there non automatic Fieros? There's like 4 total where I live and they're all in good condition and surprisingly cheap but automatic.

I'm saving for a house right now, so I won't lie and say yes, but I wish they did exist.

Yes

>are there non automatic Fieros?
Most Fiero erection sold with manuals, but automatic fiero are both more likely to be put up for sale and harder to sell, so at any given time it's easier to find an auto transmission fiero for sale.

Adjusted for inflation both would have cost over $30K in today's money, hardly "inexpensive" by Veeky Forums standards.

However I'd still totally buy one if I had the money, unfortunate that there's no demand for affordable MR sports cars anymore.

I'd buy one 5 months ago

fuck you
I daily with my zzw30 as my only car and I do fine.
In fact I could be fine dailying a fucking elise.

Two fieros and a half built supercharged 3800 engine swap currently in my garage
So yeah...

I bought my first fiero when I was 16 for 1000 and drove it daily to school for two years while learning how to wrench.

>buy mid engined sportscar
>live where there is winter
>have to pay insurance and registration on two cars because it can't get up a mild fucking hill without chain

Or

>Buy a motorcycle, also mid engined and rear wheel drive
>insurance is $5 a month
>registration is $10 a year
>doesn't take up any garage space
>same chance of dying as an AW11 driver

because you are a failure of a man
anybody who actually sucedeed in life and have a family will need a bigger car

> >have to pay insurance and registration on two cars because it can't get up a mild fucking hill without chain

but MR cars have the same grip advantage as FR cars. are you stupid, user?

Clean 88 my dude

or just have two cars, ya pleb. dd your mr2, and have the family car.

can't you read retard?
>I daily with my zzw30 as my only car and I do fine.

Is there such thing as a honest, in-dept and unbiased comparison between a SW20 and Fiero?

no because the aw11 was a piece of shit

t. salty fiero cuck

And as we all know, you're literally the only person that matters.
All hail lonely user, the manchild that a global industry should bend over backwards to accommodate.