NZ fag here, about to buy first car but I've only got $4k, I don't want to buy a vitz or a demio...

NZ fag here, about to buy first car but I've only got $4k, I don't want to buy a vitz or a demio. Any good recommendations for reasonably powerful cars around that mark? (pic unrelated obviously, I can hardly afford an fc)

get a commo mate

Fuckwow. do they really call Yaris' and Mazda2s' that there? It's like another world. Japan style world.
And I'm just across the ditch

Nah mate, just depends on the year

save up 3k more, and buy an FC

fair point

is that a protege?

323 Astina, Protégé5 for Americans.

The Protégé was the sedan.

been looking at an sp20 for a bit, close enough

How is 4k not enough for a damn FC? What's the average going rate for one in NZ?

The tofu tax is strong here. The only fc currently on trademe (our ebay) is $16500

Get a fucking blacktop levin manual and you will have fun cunt

if one with decent k's comes along I'll definitely go for it

Holy fuck, here they are at an rx8-tier 3-4k
Obvi not the turbo2
Have you looked at the niche imports?
Celica gt-4 is pretty cheap here and can take almost500hp on stock internals
Also Mr-S is pretty cheap if you don't need the second row

Dont rely on trademe, all them cars are overpriced, use Facebook if you want cheap

Fuck I remember just before I got my license in like 2007 I saw an ae86 painted in initial d colours for like 4K. There was even a kid at my high school that drove one. The rice tax has fucked shit up since then tho. Even shit silvias are almost unobtainable now.

Pretty much all the islanders took out loans and bought all the Evos/Skylines/Subi's/Silvias. Now all of em are fucked

Subaru Legacy GT-B Wagon or Legacy B4 sedan?
2 litre Twin turbo engine
Go for around 3.5-4.5k

>looking for an s15 for around 11k
may aswell import at this point

Ye nah, you wont find a B4 or GT that isnt utterly raped for $4k. The turbos are usually always fucked, the heads fucked and its always an islander who owns it.

u can get a e39 540i for around 4-5k
pretty powerful mate i have an e39 530i and have only spent $300 on it in the last year

i fuckn hate this shit
literally any car thats rwd and or even manual is fuckn got ricer/race/drift tax on it like fuckn crazy

Nz fag too. Recently bought an Ek for 4 grand. Plenty of hatches still around and they're fun and practical for cheap.

Wow. That looks just like a turd gen.