Do Japanese cars use thinner/lower quality sheet metal for their cars?

Do Japanese cars use thinner/lower quality sheet metal for their cars?

All jap cars I've owned seemed to accumulate dings if you looked at them wrong.

In contrast with my Volvo 850, which after years of careless ownership shows very little dings, I once slammed the door open into fire hydrant and could barley spot the ding

volvos are thicc

Old Volvos are something else. As a crack whore once said in mine "It's the real thing"

>Have door panels made of plastic.

Get a Saturn, never dent.

Japanese steel has always been shit tier.

Having a Saturd is worse than any ding though.

yes they do
>be jap car owner
>have a dent pulling tool in the trunk

Euro here, thought Saturn was only a planet until now lol

They do it to keep weight and cost down. Their domestic market doesn't seem to care, since the Japanese are more capable when it comes to taking care of things.

The sheet metal is very thin but it's folded over a thousand times

Yes they do, and it is the reason why my mom didn't want to get the Lexus RX, we visited many showrooms and knocking on the door of the Lexus, you could feel it was thin as fuck and it resonated like a fucking tin can.

She went instead for the X5, knock on the X5 door and it's a fucking bank volt solid feel.

They have thinner metal so they can go faster.

>Sacrificing durability for efficiency

Good for econobox buyers, but anything else and I'll stick with Euros or Burgers

IME Japanese cars always fare worse in fender benders so it might be related

something something bbc

Name? So thick...
Im all about to poo poo bro.

>Kobe Steel
>Takata

You know when the Japs fuck up, they do so royally

Yep it's been shit since the late 80s

Euro Aussie and American cars are made of thicker metal for better crash protection at the expense of weight that's why most cars weight ballooned since the 90s

usually car sheet metall is 1mm thick
back in the day they used 2 or even 2.5mm sheet metall.

low quality metall is the more severe problem

Lauren Southern's older sister

>usually car sheet metall is 1mm

No its not you daft turd... It varies across the body of the car from several mm to 0.6-0.8mm.

what do you think the planet was named after???

The best car on Earth, duh.

I think my volvo 850 is pretty soft on the outside compared my aw11. The volvo 940 is a real sturdy car. The kind you could give a good whack and not come close to denting it unless you really put effort into it.

>1mm thick
in the 80s maby
everything is .5 mm tin foil now
> 2 or even 2.5mm sheet metal.
real 1960s hours

Japanese government encourages frequent car turn over. Old cars in Japan are rare.

But yes as a culture they do seem to care more about taking care of things and being courteous.

Volvos are indestructible so its a pretty unfair comparison.

>vw uses quality galvanized steel that is hard to dent unless you really try
>swift is made of old cans in a shithole in eastern europe and will dent with one finger

underrated

Not just encourages, they have laws that virtually require it.
If your car is in an accident , 95% chance it will be "totalled" and no longer allowed on the road (illegal to have a salvaged title).
They also have mileage caps.

dont talk about your waifu like that user

fucking retards
thickness of metal in any year after 1650 or whichever year your volvo technologies come from doesn't do much, sometimes thicc metal tends to rust away, like it did with volvo 7xx/9xx series if they were fitted with turbo engines, the torque just destroyed them bodies and even thoo they might seem ok, underbody is like a complete rusted-through hell

Why do you faggots always complain about Japanese steel.

I had a Datsun from 1979 that didn't have a spot of rust on it.

I think your issue is that you live in areas with too much salt on the roads. I don't live in a cold area.

But I thought it was folded 1000 times?

>be me
>drive a honda
>lightly graze a garage pillar
>fat dent through the trim

It's like the fucking thing is made of aluminum.

What do you expect these weeb faggots to do? Shit on Japanese steel?

>tfw 90% of Veeky Forums would be walking then

90% of Veeky Forums already walks.

>ever hitting anything with your shitbox

When did you get your license?

>What are road debris
>What does stone chip mean

Mazda and Subaru, maybe but not Lexus

>be German car owner
>have extra water pump in the trunk

Subaru also has the shittiest paint ever.

I will always drive Japanese cars as they are just the well rounded smart choice but they have poor body quality, admittedly, especially after the Chinese steel incident.

>Drive Japanese car
>Rear end an Volvo
>Die when frame of your Honda folded over 1000 times

Damn! God I love the caca.

Haha suckers, I live near a bus stop!

Im sure you know this but cars that crumple in an accident are safer than cars that stay stiff.

Delet

>t. 24v VR6 owner

The folding technique exists to compensate for shitty jap steel.

That is only true if the right parts crumble

Unless your car is like 30 years old its gonna have crumple zones.

What I find with Japanese cars is that the car will break before the engine ever does.

My Subaru has the most fragile exterior and the clear coat is absolute shit after 10 yearz

>jap steel

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP

>jap steel
It was sourced by chinese companies. So it was the Kobe Steel company fault for believing the published specifications of the steel and not retesting each piece. The chinese will do bait and switch where the first shipments or the easy to check pieces are in spec but the rest of the material is out of spec.

Chinese; the jews of asia.

what corner of buttfuckistan do you hail from exactly

/r/ Russian businessman deals with Chinese

Theres a similar shitstorm brewing in Mexico too. Mexico is very protective of it's steel industry and but Chinks pressed to start importing Chinese steel for use on lower cost models of cars built here. VW, and Ford were batch testing samples from Chinese suppliers at their plants here and they were as low as 80% of tolerance, so they just said fuck it, the trade secretariat cancelled the deal and now they're going with a more expensive Mexican supplier, Metalsa. Chinese shit is cheap for a reason.