Are Pirelli tires good? They are twice what the other tires cost, and summer tire rated...

Are Pirelli tires good? They are twice what the other tires cost, and summer tire rated. Is there genuine performance advantages or are they a fashion statement?

Michelin is bedder

Pirelli is garbage. They don't last as long, they don't grip as well, they don't ride as nice as Michelin or Continental, but they cost easily as much.

I remember the first season when Pirelli started supplying tires for F1 instead of Bridgestone, tires were exploding left and right in the first minute of the races.

Who here puts Michelins on their shitboxes?

I put brand new Michelins on my 2000 Maxima that was rusted out and had the front radiator support welded together but damn I needed those Michelins lol

OP here. I don't see any Michelin available for my car. I suppose I should just go ahead and ask what the best performance option would be for me assuming I stick with the stock 15 inch wheels on my Chevy Sonic.

The falken tires I bought for my 99' mustang were decent for the price I got them for and I have 88k on them, prior to those I had hankook tires, but those suckers got loud at 22k.

Mitchelenz for fun.
Yokohama for comfy.

What do you mean there aren't any available for your car? What are your current tire specs?

>putting "sporty" tires on a fucking Sonic.

I've never been impressed by a Pirelli tire, and I've driven cars with a pretty wide range of them, don't waste your money

>best performance option
>chevy sonic
a new car

Do you intend to race your car? Or is this for a commuter? On my Fusion I usually just use the best priced all seasons. I got a full set of Kuhmo Ecsta 4x all seasons for like $360 shipped to my door.

Unless your car is damn near New, I see little reason to drop almost a grand or more on tires. Race cars aside of course. Guy I know spends $1400 per set of BFG tires for his flared out mustang. Its what he gets for having 13" wide tires all around I suppose.

Pic related. The set I'll be putting on after this set is worn out.

These are the Ecsta LX Platinums

I've got kuhmo ecsta platnium LX's on my shitbox.

Not the BEST for road noise or smoothness, but they are grippier than all fuck on dry pavement for the price. They aren't bad in the wet either.

Sonic is light af and fun in mountain roads.

But shit the 15s are not wide enough you need the 16s with 205 width minimum to get any gud tires

Yea road noise could be better. But for sub $350 I don't expect much. For your generic econobox commuter, they're more than enough. I get a good 35k-40k miles out of my Kuhmo sets usually.
>Mountain roads
>Wanting WIDER tires
You should be thankful you have skinnier tires/wheels. Cars like that cut through snow like a blade.

Get Continentals, they are second to Michelins

Like all tires, it depends on the exact tire you buy.

Pirilli makes fairly average all seasons as well so it really depends on the model.

Ill say the Cintuato P7's that came with my 2017 GTI are mediocre as hell.

Meant for OP

My Challenger came with Pirellis as part of the dynamics package, I believe they are P zero Nero all season. So far they've been great to me but before that I was driving a shitbox with Discount Tires store brand tires, so it's hard to judge how great these Pirellis really are. But they look great, are quiet, grip good and have done great in rain compared to what I'm used to riding on. Not sure if I'd buy another set if they are that pricey, I just got them as part of a package and I like them alot.

Pirellis are fucking trash, they have piss poor tread wear compared to their competitors that perform equally as well or even better

>Chevy Sonic
Fucking don't. Just get Michelin Defender all seasons with their stupid 800 tread wear rating