Corvettes are the most beautiful cars ever produced

Who agrees with me? The C1 to C3 are beautiful cars, the C4 has a cool retro Miami Vice look, the C5 and C6s refurbished make great track cars for around $20k. Something like a C3 would make fantastic restomod with something like a Crown Vic V8 swap with a turbo or something.

I remember reading some quote about a Japanese pilot from WW2 talking looking at the most beautiful woman he's ever seen standing in his door, while in reality it was a Corvette in his garage in the states. C1 probably.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gh1m0eC1004
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Crown Vic V8 swap with a turbo or something.

What the fuck? It's a Chebby so putting an LS into a restomod shouldn't be bad.

why not a suzuki hayabusa engine with four turbos

do you people have any idea well these cars fucking drive? aftermarket suspension, nice tires, and you have a supercar for a fraction of others. beats a BMW M series for sure

C2's performance capabilities are completely unknown to me (granted i know they went racing in the 60s but i don't even know how well they did). i honestly thought it was more of a friday night cruiser than a track-worthy vehicle.

Why not four Hayabusa engines with four turbos each?

>molesting a gorgeous Chevy with f*rdshit when Chevy has its own high performance V8
shitty bait

>traditional restoration guys want like >90% to hermetically sealed since the dawn of time when looking at cars. Otherwise, just restomod it. Something the internals blow and you might as well take it apart, sell them to someone else, and then do your own thing in it.

idk about the other vettes, but yes the C2 is the best looking car ever produced.
Its an absolutely flawless integration of hard lines, sexy curves, and perfect proportions.

The Camaro ZL1 with the Vette V8 is a monster around the track, equal to a Dodge Viper ACR in the quarter and around a Porsche 911 Turbo. Z06 is another sight to see

Every Corvette C4 and up is awful looking
C3 is overrated, Disco Vette is underrated
C2 is like the 2nd most overrated car when it comes to looks after the E-Type. Split window is retarded. Only looks good as a vert
C1 is meh, so meh I can't even make up an opinion on it.

if you want overrated, 1969 mustang, it's so vanilla

Most cars of the era are overrated when it comes to looks.

Why not 12 turbos on single cylinder 10l diesel?

well, they're overrated for a reason, the 70s and up blew in terms of looks. Dodge Charger and Challengers are amazing looking cars. the corvettes always stayed amazing

aren't C2s with those OEM side pipes worth a shit ton? I think a lot of C2 owners add them on to fake

>ugly

I'm a Ford guy through and through, but a classic Corvette is a work of art for sure. Gorgeous machines

To me they are like the 911, really unique take on the sports car that has trudged on for decades on it's own plan, and you either get them or you don't. I'm not a fan myself but I appreciate what they are about.

i'd have to go with the first gen camaro. is there some kind of law i don't know about that says if you're a boomer you are required to own a first gen camaro?

but the good news is when all those boomer fucks start dying off you'll be able to pick up a pretty nice restomod - especially those that started life as a 6 banger - for pennies on the dollar

a 4.6 DOHC in a corvette would be like an LS in a Mustang. Just aint right.

Fuck engine brand swappers

youtube.com/watch?v=gh1m0eC1004

Studebaker always made the better Vette, and I fucking own a C3.

Studebaker arguably had the finest selection of paint jobs as well. I've always wanted a mint-green-mobile.

Well there's your problem, you own a C3.

how is this a "vette" or even a sports car?

It's no less a sports car than a C3-C6 vette.

also the slowest

I wish this was produced

>Studebaker
Good luck finding parts

Camaro was car they wanted in high school. i'd bet some rich kid quarterback of the football team who slayed all the pussy in town drove a new Camaro, so it makes them feel 17 again, thinking about all the teen puss they missed out on because their parents were cheap asses

*blocks your path*

Easily the most beautiful car America has ever produced, don't know about worldwide, it's debatable. But Corvette is the perfect blend of 50's Americana and 60's Space Age design.

*Spontaneously combusts*

The c2 is the most overrated shitheap I've ever worked on. And this was a top of the line 63 with the L-84 and a 4 speed.
God this thing is a piece of shit. Goober Motors gave no fucks when they built this fiberglass piece of shit. The carpet in this thing has no quality what so ever, the interior trim around the split window is made of some thin ass metal that was bent by a fucking retard who didn't give a fuck because most of these trim pieces have metal wrinkling and these trim pieces are fucking are 2(two) fucking thousand dollars. The exterior trim is also fucking awful because according to the c2 restoration book you have to glop tar around the outside of the windows because nobody gave a fuck when they fucking exterior trim in. Oh and your 1990s shitbox is painted evenly right? Not this shitheap. GM didn't even fucking bother, just paint around where the people can see it because bottom of this body is just bare fiberglass why even bother half assing it. Not to mention this thing from the factory is as straight as the average Miata driver. The side of this damn thing is so fucking wavy that even saturns had straighter bodylines.
Now let's talk about the L-84. Great engine. It's no different than a BMW S14. It costs 25(Twenty-five) thousand dollars.
The intake manifold on this bitch is 4(four) thousand dollars. You want to know something else? This shitbox has 120 dollars worth of fucking stickers. That rusty pos Jack on this car? $700 dollars. It's fucking stupid. Those fake hood vents? $600 dollars for some sheets of aluminum that all they do is attract dents. I don't see how this pos gm parts bin kit car is worth so much when it has the build quality of a average great Wall suv.

I have a 79 C3 that I have DD for 3 years and it is my favorite car I have had. Much more enjoyable than the 66 mustang I DDed before this. It just gives me a warm feeling every time I park it and look back. I live in Australia so they are rare as fuck and most folks who do have them are locked away in their garage and not DDs. People love it and I get compliments every day on it.

>le miura is a work of art meme
Very original, self-informed opinion, guy.

>if too many people agrees it becomes false

have a guess why people think its a work of art? Hint: it is

It's nothing special even for the time. There are many cars of the era that are objectively nicer looking than a Miura. You only think it's particularly beautiful because you've been told it is.

>objectively
>better looking

and what are you drinking, thinking it's "nothing special"

mmmm

>and what are you drinking, thinking it's "nothing special"
By all means, keep proving my point.

c4 > c5
those are the only two corvettes that matter and look good.

you're probably a 0.1% minority thinking it looks bad.

I didn't say it looks bad.

>ITT Generation X and Boomers jerk eachother off

Everyone knows the nips make the most aesthetically pleasing vehicles.

l o o k s a r e s u b j e c t i v e

yes yes well done GM well done GM

HOWEVER

The L88 Corvette was the greatest car ever made. 500 hp, 180+ mph in the 60's, nothing came close for decades.

The only believable mention of top speed I could find was 152 mph. The ones going faster were race prepped versions with aerodynamics and much taller gears. That sort of speed was already well exceeded in the late 60s, let alone for decades to come.

>Who agrees with me?
C1 and C2 definitely are one of the best looking cars of all time.

When I was a kid I saw a 69 stingray 454 at a car show and just about nut in my pants

>we should never debate anything because i'm scared of conflict!

Why did you post a car with broken suspension to prove your point?